Options

Sky Sports News Female Presenters

JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How come, no matter who, female presenters never take the lead? Pros like Vicky Gomersal and Clare Tomlinson always takes second place to inexperienced male presenters.

Is this just a sign at how sexist Sky is, or are they living in the past?

It was awkward to watch an interview tonight, where Vicky Gomersall kept being raced to asking a question by her male co presenter, when she clearly came out as the professional one.

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's because the ladies get to choose the lovely dresses that they wear and the man has to wear a boring suit but find a matching colour tie.

On the back of that they allow the man to take the lead presenting role.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the guys on SSN are far worse than the girls.

Vicky Gomersall is a good knowledgable presenter, as is Clare Tomlinson and infact a few of them.

Sure, some are there on looks, but some of the chaps aren't and they can't present. I don't even know some of there names.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    If SSN was a BBC channel there would be colossal outrage at the blatant sexism :p
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is because Sky Sports use women as the totty, nothing more.

It is the Sky Sports way.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Doesn't a female usually present the football match choice game with the likes of Matt Holland/Curbs as the resident pundit?
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Doesn't a female usually present the football match choice game with the likes of Matt Holland/Curbs as the resident pundit?

Yes, the very delectable Sarah Jane Mee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive seen them do it before, and i disagree. It would be sexist if there werent any female presenters on the channel but there are so i see no problem.
  • Options
    Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss McQueen looks quite nice not being dolled up. Just a plain white top. Refreshing.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Chloe Everton had stayed there, instead of coming to QVC to annoy the viewers. I never saw her on sports but, on QVC, she spouts a load of crap, and shouts continually.
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because there only their to appeal to the knuggle dragging 'lads' who require a sexy woman in order to be interested...

I however am not interested even with the totty.

Its the very same reason Sky employs Natalie Pinkham (and formerly Georgie Thompson) on Sky Sports F1.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However all the women on SSN have some sort of journalism degrees and TV industry experience before the start on-screen.

Pinkham has presented plenty of TV shows for years and has always been a big F1 fan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because there only their to appeal to the knuggle dragging 'lads' who require a sexy woman in order to be interested...

Oh the irony! :o:D
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the very delectable Sarah Jane Mee.

Sarah Jane is very talented. Apart from her sports presenting, she does a lot of 'news' on Sky News. Co presenting with Eamonn this week on Sunrise and presenting from 9 to 10 afterwards.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've given up on people watching while the World Cup matches are on, they've got two men presenting together now.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Where are the lady presenters wearing burkas? In the interest of true equality, of course! :confused:
  • Options
    SnakeGuySnakeGuy Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    What's the blonde called on Sky Sports News now C405 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not watching but it's probably Kate Riley
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Not watching but it's probably Kate Riley

No , thanks though. This girl is much prettier than Kate Riley. She's probably the youngest looking presenter I've seen on Sky Sports and she's fairly new I think. She's on as we speak.
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    It is Kate Riley
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JBO wrote: »
    It is Kate Riley

Yes , quite possibly. I couldn't see any images in Google , when i checked before , that looked like her, but on checking again I managed to find one.She must have many different looks and styles . Thanks !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's no 'quite possibly' about it. It is Kate Riley :D
  • Options
    LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However all the women on SSN have some sort of journalism degrees and TV industry experience before the start on-screen.

Pinkham has presented plenty of TV shows for years and has always been a big F1 fan.

Yes indeed.

Pinkham also worked on 5Live's coverage of the F1 where of course her looks would have meant nothing.
  • Options
    griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Millie is back soon especially with Vicky gone on maternity leave and Charlotte being pregnant aswell
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Charlie Webster still on, I haven't seen her for ages?
    Or the lovely irish lady Rachel.... (can't remember surname).
  • Options
    griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie Webster has left SSN and Rachel Wyse is presenting the GAA Hurling, but will be back on SSN