Coronation Street books and some memorabilia - free to good homes

KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

I've spent the last year 'minimalising' my life and one of the last things to go is my extensive collection of Coronation Street books. I think that I've managed to collect every major book published about the street over the past 50 years. I've not checked it against a list or anything, but it's quite a hoard.

Anyway, the time has come for me to say goodbye to them. Rather than selling them on eBay or flogging them at a carboot sale for 20p, I thought I'd offer them up to you lot at Digital Spy.

Please contact me via PM if you're interested in any of the books. I also have one or two pieces of memorabilia but not much. They're all free to a good home.

I'll provide a full list of what I've got to anyone who enquires.

Not sure if this contravenes any of the T&Cs. Sorry beforehand if it does.

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    Why not donate to one of the corriepedias or something? I'm sure they'd snap them up.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's also one random Brookside book ... :cool: :D

'20 Years of Brookside'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I've spent the last year 'minimalising' my life and one of the last things to go is my extensive collection of Coronation Street books. I think that I've managed to collect every major book published about the street over the past 50 years. I've not checked it against a list or anything, but it's quite a hoard.

Anyway, the time has come for me to say goodbye to them. Rather than selling them on eBay or flogging them at a carboot sale for 20p, I thought I'd offer them up to you lot at Digital Spy.

Please contact me via PM if you're interested in any of the books. I also have one or two pieces of memorabilia but not much. They're all free to a good home.

I'll provide a full list of what I've got to anyone who enquires.

Not sure if this contravenes any of the T&Cs. Sorry beforehand if it does.

It isn't my thing (I collect footy memorabilia), but I do think that's a very nice & generous gesture from you KK.

Fair play to you mate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    List of books in no particular order:
    • Fifty Years of Coronation Street, Tim Randall
    • Coronation Street Treasures
    • The Coronation Street Story, Daran Little
    • Coronation Street Around the Houses
    • Coronation Street, Jack Tinker
    • Coronation Street 25 years
    • Access All Areas: Behind the Scenes at Coronation Street
    • Street Talk, The Language of Coronation Street
    • The Life and Loves of Elsie Tanner
    • The Ogdens of No.13
    • Coronation Street - Celebrating 30 Years
    • Weatherfield Life
    • Life and Times at the Rovers Return
    • Coronation Street - The Inside Story, Bill Podmore
    • The Street Where I Live, H. V. Kershaw
    • Coronation Street - Early Days
    • Coronation Street - Elsie Tanner Fights Back
    • This is Coronation Street
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Why not donate to one of the corriepedias or something? I'm sure they'd snap them up.

That's a good idea. Anybody got a contact at Corriepedia?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't my thing (I collect footy memorabilia), but I do think that's a very nice & generous gesture from you KK.

Fair play to you mate.

Thanks Uncle Q :o

I've realised that I've more or less completely stopped looking at them, so they may as well go to a new home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Im also having a bit of a declutter at the moment - Get em on eBay! :) I've made a bit of pocket money by selling stuff and minimalising at the same time
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good idea. Anybody got a contact at Corriepedia?

that's a good ideal David the wavid might know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let you all know that I've been in touch with David the Wavid and am awaiting his response.

I'd like the books to go towards something like Corriepedia, so for those of you that have messaged me with requests I'll be waiting to hear back from David the Wavid in the first instance.

Love

KK
    xx
  • omerta138omerta138 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    What memorabilia do you have and would you be willing to post overseas at my expense?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omerta138 wrote: »
    What memorabilia do you have and would you be willing to post overseas at my expense?

Memorabilia isn't much at all really. I'd be willing to post anywhere in the world if you are happy to pay.

A version of a 1988 Coronation Street boardgame by Berwick. Just like this one (this is not my version!)

A Lledo 'Miami Modes' tram. Like this one but with no packaging.

All four DVD boxsets from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. The 60s, 70s and 80s are a matching set. The 90s is in different style box.

'This is Coronation Street' DVD set.

I also have a full 1995 John Hine model of the street including 7 houses, Rovers Return, corner shop and a cobbled base. This is really hard for me to part with and I'm toying between keeping it or passing it on. I collected all of the houses and the base individually about 10 years ago. Again, not my version but it's just like this.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    I also have a full 1995 John Hine model of the street including 7 houses, Rovers Return, corner shop and a cobbled base. This is really hard for me to part with and I'm toying between keeping it or passing it on. I collected all of the houses and the base individually about 10 years ago. Again, not my version but it's just like this.

I have one of those, a model of the street, they're lovely, it takes pride of place on my mantelpiece, I wouldn't part with that at least if I were you. =)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuthStar wrote: »
    I have one of those, a model of the street, they're lovely, it takes pride of place on my mantelpiece, I wouldn't part with that at least if I were you. =)

It's beautiful.

It's the one thing I'm really stuck over what to do. I've not had it 'out' for months and months. Seeing it relegated to a storage box doesn't seem to do it justice.

Perhaps it needs to move in with someone else.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    A kind offer but Geraldine doesn't let me collect anything at all. She thinks it means I'm less devoted to her if I'm spending time in my shed with my bits and pieces.
    Forum Member
    The houses are seriously cute. I wouldn't part with them if I were you.

I'm keen on the boardgame. I have no idea how much it would cost to send to this side of the world though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please note - some of the houses in that picture are in the wrong order!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought my old mam one of those ornaments of the street you mention, it's very cute, but she's a bit of an ornament snob - last time I was up there I noticed it had been relegated to the bedroom.

She likes her Lladro figures, so I guess my gift wasn't up to spec.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this just goes to show that Soap fans are the best kind of people :):D :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The houses are seriously cute. I wouldn't part with them if I were you.

I'm keen on the boardgame. I have no idea how much it would cost to send to this side of the world though.

It's very lightweight. I can give you measurements and weight if you'd like to look for a price?
    Forum Member
    That would be wonderful thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be wonderful thank you.

I'll PM you the information in a bit, just popping out for an hour or two!
    Forum Member
    Okay, wonderful. I'm just off to bed as it's almost 3:30am here. I shall PM you back later. Thanks again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Most of the books have been accounted for so thanks for getting in touch guys.

Just a short reminder that I'm still giving away my DVD boxsets from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. This is a great opportunity to get hold of them!

Please PM me if you're interested

love KK
  • MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Do you still have the houses for sale. My mum would love them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mollybe wrote: »
    Hi

Do you still have the houses for sale. My mum would love them.

Sorry Mollyby - I've decided to keep hold of the miniature street.

Just can't part with it!