The Curse of Strictly Come Dancing......

Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Rachel Riley has split with her husband according to the tabloids. (Front page of tomorrow's Sun).

I didn't see that one coming. :(

Comments

• Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear how sad for them.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Rachel Riley has split with her husband according to the tabloids. (Front page of Star).

Ah, the Daily Star who brought us Princess Di's spirit messages and a story about a man with a widow spider living in his head... I hope they're playing true to form now, Mrs BBV.

Oh no... Just seen your edit. The Sun is s l i g h t l y more respectable. :(
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel Riley has split with her husband according to the tabloids. (Front page of Star).

Me neither :eek::eek:

Haven't they been married for only 1 year :eek: ?

I remember when they were pics of her one day in the dailymail and some people commented on the fact that she wasn't wearing her wedding ring . I didn't think too much about it back then. Is that tabloid reliable :confused:
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see much of the front page but it seems she has dumped him.

Haven't they been with each other since University days? I wonder if her celebrity status has changed her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Ah, the Daily Star who brought us Princess Di's spirit messages and a story about a man with a widow spider living in his head... I hope they're playing true to form now, Mrs BBV?

Oh no... Just seen your edit. The Sun is slightly more respectable. :(

The Sun is usually pretty reliable with an exclusive like that. I did have to double check which tabloid as I only heard in on the Sky Paper review as I was reading something else on my iPad.

Edy....I expect The Mail were onto something. Doesn't strike me as the kind of girl who would break her marriage up on a whim. :(
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel Riley has split with her husband according to the tabloids. (Front page of tomorrow's Sun).

That is sad news Mrs BBV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    That is sad news Mrs BBV

Especially given its a relatively short marriage and so close to Christmas.

I was with the same person for 15 years and no sooner did I marry him the hole thing went up in smoke so I sort of understand how this can happen and apparently it's quit common for long courting couples who finally marry to split quite quickly. My divorce took longer to sort out than my marriage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I kind of did. There were a few little signs along the way, or so it appeared to me. It hasn't really come as a surprise to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this turns out to be true, then I think that they were probably having problems for a while. I can't remember and it probably doesn't mean anything but was he ever in the audience to support her ?
    I don't think that I've ever seen him , although I could be mistaken.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Especially given its a relatively short marriage and so close to Christmas.

I was with the same person for 15 years and no sooner did I marry him the hole thing went up in smoke so I sort of understand how this can happen and apparently it's quit common for long courting couples who finally marry to split quite quickly. My divorce took longer to sort out than my marriage.

Oh Dear, I'm so sorry to hear that you have personal experience of this Mrs BBV after sharing such a long time together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Oh Dear, I'm so sorry to hear that you have personal experience of this Mrs BBV after sharing such a long time together.

Every cloud Terry.....I then met Mr BBV and we are very happily unmarried! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of did. There were a few little signs along the way, or so it appeared to me. It hasn't really come as a surprise to me.

What did you notice Bear? I must admit I am hopeless at spotting signs. I just take everything at face value and sort of see Rachel as 'butter wouldn't melt'. If someone were to tell me she's been up to mischief I would fall over in shock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every cloud Terry.....I then met Mr BBV and we are very happily unmarried! :D

Happy ending at last :D:).

Poor Rachel though .......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you notice Bear? I must admit I am hopeless at spotting signs. I just take everything at face value and sort of see Rachel as 'butter wouldn't melt'. If someone were to tell me she's been up to mischief I would fall over in shock.

I feel a bit silly mentioning it on here, because I might well be very wide of the mark ~ I'll PM you! ;)
  • karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit silly mentioning it on here, because I might well be very wide of the mark ~ I'll PM you! ;)

I think I read something ages ago that it was her husband who had pushed to get married after university. I got the impression that she wasn't quite ready and wanted to spread her wings her a bit.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like the curse of Countdown to be honest - I think Carol Vordermann actually changed her name to her married name and then it all went up in smoke :cry:

Sad for Rachel though, I doubt Strictly had much to do with it.
  • stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really shocked and saddened I know she said she hardly got to see her husband as she was so busy working, could that be the cause? Sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she just get married a year ago? Sounds like she's simply realised that she's made a mistake marrying him.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ad the big question of course is..

was it anything to do with Pasha :)
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shock, I thought she was better than that. You can see why Sophie's husband is keeping an eye on her.
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    If SCD had anything to do with it, I suspect it's that Rachel appreciated the new experience and probably wants more. She's an intellectual and probably thrives on challenging herself. Perhaps hubby wasn't on board with that. They got married quite young and whilst back in the day it was normal for people to marry young and still be together today, life is a lot more open now, more to do and less of a struggle to get around and do it. Much easier for couples to drift apart unless they put the work in.

Either way I hope Rachel is okay. I'm not surprised the husband is upset at losing her, she seems lovely.
  • QueeniejeanQueeniejean Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    labasheedy wrote: »

That's what i was wanting to ask, surely not Pasha though. Not with a married woman unless she made it clear her marriage was over in her opinion. He is such an enigma to me, these Russians and their inscrutable ways.
  • QueeniejeanQueeniejean Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    What a shock, I thought she was better than that. You can see why Sophie's husband is keeping an eye on her.

People do divorce without the fault being anyone's you know.
  • GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    labasheedy wrote: »

That was the first thing that came into my mind. Sad really that was my first thought? :o
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    karina_ wrote: »
    I think I read something ages ago that it was her husband who had pushed to get married after university. I got the impression that she wasn't quite ready and wanted to spread her wings her a bit.

an obvious euphemism no doubt

I wonder if she is now enjoying pavlova for afters...