Options

We've had constant long hot sunny days...

ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
Forum Member
✭✭
Where's the hosepipe ban, where are the pictures of dry reservoirs?

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We haven't.

Been raining for the past week or more in Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember the last 'long, hot, sunny day' we've had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I can't remember the last 'long, hot, sunny day' we've had.

You must be in Wales then......
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must be in Wales then......

Liverpool.
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a great summer, a normal summer, a summer as I remember them as a child.

A few more hot summery days/weeks then into Autumn,--it's how it should be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Liverpool.

Close enough....
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Don't know about sunny, but I'm hotter today than any of the recent hot days. In fact, I feel quite sick.
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely regional. We've had mostly sunshine and hardly any rain for 2 months here, but I know it's been quite different in other counties.

Also, we had a wet winter so the reservoirs and water table were healthy going into the summer. Water shortage problems occur when a dry summer follows a dry winter.
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Glad to see the back of summer to be honest.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hit it Blue Pearl....
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Don't know about sunny, but I'm hotter today than any of the recent hot days. In fact, I feel quite sick.

I know how you feel, will be glad when it cools down
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice and warm here on the coast today with a nice slight breeze hoping we get a few more weeks of decent weather before the grim cold descends
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,946
    Forum Member
    There's also been quite a lot of rain mixed in with it. Been a nice summer, I just wish people would stop complaining about it being slightly warm.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We've also had a reasonable amount of rain, hence the grass is green and not a parched brown colour.

There will be a hell of a harvest this year, following perfect growing conditions.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »

I haven't seen the start of it yet!

And OP - droughts, and the ensuing hosepipe bans don't really come about as a result of warm, dry summers, because the seasonal rainfall is low then anyway. They come about when we have unseasonably dry *winters*, which is when the water companies expect to replenish their stocks. If that happens a couple of years on the trot, then even in a normal summer they will look to users to conserver water consumption.
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »

You say on the 7th of August.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    We've also had a reasonable amount of rain, hence the grass is green and not a parched brown colour.

There will be a hell of a harvest this year, following perfect growing conditions.
    I assumed everywhere had a wonderful summer, I'm astonished. The Park I'm about to head to looks like Spain with brown grass and wilting trees.
    Cooler here today though which is good as moving around getting work done instead of sitting melting.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    I assumed everywhere had a wonderful summer, I'm astonished. The Park I'm about to head to looks like Spain with brown grass and wilting trees.
    Cooler here today though which is good as moving around getting work done instead of sitting melting.

I'm astonished that you've got brown grass if you're in the UK, as the rainfall has been fairly evenly distributed. Rainfall in July was close to average at 94%.

Where are you, if you don't mind me asking ?

It has been a good Summer pretty much everywhere, with plenty of very warm Sun, but not a drought. .
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Blimey, don't you remember winter?
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was bloody cold here on Saturday. We had to put the heating on during the day for a bit! (three vulnerable people at home though, before anyone takes the mick).
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been a good summer where I live, a bit of rain this week but in general it's been very warm and sunny for quite some time. It's been more like a proper summer. Very different to what we've had in recent years.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    It's either really hot or raining here.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the reason why we havent had any hosepipe bans this summer is down to all the rain that we had last winter. They have filled the reservoirs. So there is no need whatsoever for any measures to preserve water
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had a perfect mixture for weeks now of hot sunshine and short spells of torrential rain and thunder storms. The grass and gardens aren't parched and everything is flowering in abundance. Even the farmers around here are happy! There was enough winter rain to replenish reservoirs which is when it usually happens.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London is just a constant muggy Hell Hole. Can't wait for it to cool slightly.