Options

Humax PVR-9200T keeps switching to BBC 1

Comments

• Options
    stevensdrsstevensdrs Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, on Blackhill. Just started yesterday and changes to BBC1 from BBC7 with the please wait bar in the top right corner. Fine on any other non BBC channels.:(
  • Options
    tecstartecstar Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting this in SW London off of Crystal Palace. I have reported it to the BBC here:

https://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbcfaqs/emailstatic/interferencePage?entryID=&id=MKRR7CKTA5BDJO1JSPB35U0QII&moduleID=

If enough people report it they should hopefully take notice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Surrey pointing at Crystal Palace.

Was convinced it was a remote fault with back and red button sticking as it stopped doing it when it was moved out of room. But its intermittent so that is no proof and others say moving remote makes no difference, so looks like remote is not at fault.

Started yesterday. Turned my back to find teletext page on screen (forgot which page, but not normal one). This morning, kept changing to BBC1 from CBBC.

I did a retune last night in the unlikely chance it cured the problem. No noticeable change.
  • Options
    primrosegirlprimrosegirl Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tecstar wrote: »
    Getting this in SW London off of Crystal Palace. I have reported it to the BBC here:

https://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbcfaqs/emailstatic/interferencePage?entryID=&id=MKRR7CKTA5BDJO1JSPB35U0QII&moduleID=

If enough people report it they should hopefully take notice.

I have reported to the BBC Hopefully we'll get something done. So glad it wasn't just me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine seems fine on BBC4, it's just that it won't stay on BBC2 it just changes to BBC1 and a sign flashes up on the screen 'please wait'. Also I can't use the teletext button, it just won't work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to get busy emailing - & the more the better

Humax Product Information & Customer Technical Support

Tel: 0844 669 8800 (UK Customer Helpline)
    Open: Lines open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Excludes Bank Holidays)

E-mail: uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrfreeview wrote: »
    Time to get busy emailing - & the more the better

Humax Product Information & Customer Technical Support

Tel: 0844 669 8800 (UK Customer Helpline)
    Open: Lines open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Excludes Bank Holidays)

E-mail: uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

I reported to the BBc and I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it seems to be working OK now. Anyone else checked lately?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Same here in Newcastle on the 9200T.

Noticed it switching from CBeebies and BBC2 to BBC1 yesterday evening. It seems to be triggered when the BBC channel tries to load the red button icon on the screen. Also had text open on me out of the blue a couple of times.
    Managed to avoid it by briefly pausing the channel, then playing, but it was immensely frustrating last night.

Haven't tried this morning.

Miles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Seeing the same here on Sutton transmitter (I think). Assumed the box had finally packed in and was about to buy another - that freeview HD receiver will have to wait for another day.
  • Options
    JamboChrisJamboChris Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I reported to the BBc and I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it seems to be working OK now. Anyone else checked lately?

Still happening for me in Edinburgh....
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a brief test this morning I found my 9200 would stay on BBC News (channel 80) if I selected it from the EPG but if I selected channel 80 from the number keypad it would jump back to BBC1 after a short time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Been in touch with Humax and they have had a few calls about this and are looking into it. My own 9200t has been doing the same since last night and is still doing it this morning. No work around at the mo.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukrad wrote: »
    No work around at the mo.

The usual work around for MHEG problems is not to watch live; either chase play or pause the program for 30 seconds and watch it slightly delayed.
  • Options
    telecattelecat Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Mine started with the Teletext index showing up on BBC1 then it kept going from BBC three to one. This Morning the "Loading" for Teletext was flicking on and off but the Index page and Switching channels was not happening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Same problem with 9200T. BBC2 reverts to BBC1, occasionally displaying Teletext index. BBC News (80) usually soon displays Teletext index. Use Redruth transmitter, but not transmitter problem, as my freeview TV (which shares an aerial with the PVR) is working fine.

Have emailed Humax, but no reply yet.
  • Options
    BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the same here as well this morning on me hummy,
    But last night the mrs was laid in bed watching holby and on bbc1 and it kept changing over to breaking news on news24 and thats was on a normal freeview box so she had to keep pressing number 1 on the remote everytime it did it??
    Belmont transmitter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the same here as well this morning on me hummy,
    But last night the mrs was laid in bed watching holby and on bbc1 and it kept changing over to breaking news on news24 and thats was on a normal freeview box so she had to keep pressing number 1 on the remote everytime it did it??
    Belmont transmitter

At least it's not just a Humax 9200 problem then.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    My Topfield PVRs are not affected - but then I have interactive turned off on those. That should be a mandatory option IMHO. OTOH my Samsung TV is not affected either with interactive left turned on.
  • Options
    BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea the freeview box upstairs is a grundig if i remember right,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    My Topfield PVRs are not affected - but then I have interactive turned off on those. That should be a mandatory option IMHO. OTOH my Samsung TV is not affected either with interactive left turned on.

My PVR 8000, Humax TV and my friend's 9300 are all ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same problem in Northern Ireland - CBeebies keeps changing to BBC 1 on a 9200T - not sure if it is more annoying for my daughter who is watching it or for those of us who have to keep going back into the room to reset the channel!

Started around tea time last night.
  • Options
    DSmanDSman Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emley Moor transmitter. I'm currently watching BBC 2 (Daily Politics) through my 9200T and it started switching over to BBC 1 literally every few seconds.
    I then watched the programme through the built-in Freeview on my Panasonic Viera TV and it hasn't switched once.
    BUT I periodically spotted a "NO SIGNAL" message flash on the screen which I don't normally get.
    So it may be that the 9200T just switches to BBC 1 when it gets a NO SIGNAL situation (as if it's just been switched on) and the Panasonic is dealing with it better and keeping the correct programme.
    EDIT: Interestingly, I recorded the programme as well and that recorded without any switch!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Getting the same problem with mine. Rang them, they are looking into it. Glad it's not just me!:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    BrennyUK wrote: »
    Getting the same problem with mine. Rang them, they are looking into it. Glad it's not just me!:mad:

Same here, but only on the machine with the .23 software. My other 9200T, running the .22 software, is unaffected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine isn't switching channels but text keeps coming on when watching BBC, only way I found to stop is is to rewind a few seconds as text won't work if using time delay.

Spoke to Humax earlier and it is a national problem they are looking into, they sent me an email with a possible fix which I have copied below.

Dear Sir / Madam

Please follow these instructions to complete the switch over in your area, for more information on the switchover please contact the Digital UK – 08456 50 50 50 - http://www.digitaluk.co.uk

Please be aware that the Digital Switch over only applies to Freeview, if you are receiving signals via a Satellite or Cable you do not require a retune in regards to the Switch over,

Following these instructions will reset some system settings including your Recording Schedule (Please replace when complete to ensure you still record favourite programmes)

However any recorded programmes will be saved.

By following these instructions you will be able switch your unit over for the digital change,

1. Press the MENU button on the Humax remote,
    2. Using the directional buttons move to Installation and press OK,
    3. Enter the password (Default is “0000”)
    4. Move to Default Setting and press OK
    5. A pop up will appear, Move to YES and press OK,
    6. Enter the password (Default is “0000”)
    7. “Now initialising all setting values!” will appear, please allow a few seconds for the unit to reboot,
    8. After the Loader version will be followed by an AUTOMATIC SEARCH,
    9. STOP THE SEARCH IMMEDIATLEY, by pressing OK
    10. Press OK to acknowledge “No Channels Found”
    NOTE: If any channels are found during the automatic search do NOT save the Results.
    11. When you see the Notice “No channels are available now, Please press ok to search channels”
    12. Press the OK button to open the Installation menu;
    13. Move to “Manual Search” and Press OK

Please Read Carefully:

• Highlight Channel and press OK
    • From the List (21 – 69) select the channel number you require and press OK,
    • Select Search and press OK, once the search is complete Save the results
    • Conduct this search for all the channel numbers below:

Channel 1: 62
    Channel 2: 59
    Channel 3: 58
    Channel 4: 61
    Channel 5: 55

Once you have completed searching and saving all the channel numbers and the programmes that they provide press the EXIT button on the remote to return to BBC1, your unit is now ready to function having survived the digital switch over, your EPG (Guide) will not be populated, for best results leave on BBC1 for a couple of minutes while it populates,

Important Note:

Your Screen Ratio will have Shrunk; To correct this after the tune please access the Menu, Press OK on PREFERENCES, then OK on AV CONTROL, and then OK on SCREEN RATIO to change it to 16:9 then press EXIT to finalise,

Any further issues please contact us – uksupport@humaxdigital.com – 0844 669 8800,

Many Thanks,

Karl
    Humax Customer Support
    Tel: 0844 669 8800
    Fax: 0203 014 5353

Please Reply To uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk With All Correspondence, This Is An Unmonitored Inbox.

EDIT: don't bother it doesn't work!