Options

Thread to chat with winner Ian, when he's got some time ...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Ian, after you won the golden veto ball, (but before the regular veto comp) there were several fish-interrupting conversations where you said that the DR was pressuring you not to use the veto under any circumstances but rather suggesting that you should work with Frank, even if Brit or Shane won the 2nd veto ( to save four QPers and then vote to save the other). Was the DR really pressuring you to work with Frank, or was that a tactic to avoid Dan from trying to get you to use the veto on him because you were worried about Brit going up? Would you say the DR asks questions to make you think a certain way benefits you the most or benefits the way the wizards want the game to go?
  • Options
    SiGaSiGa Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Ian.

I wanted you or Frank to win. I only supported Frank because his Dad is former WWE Champ Sycho Sid Vicious.

So glad you won and are on DS. I do see some similarities between yourself and Bradley from current BBAus (who I am supporting to win it.) and a tad bit of Luke A from last BBUK.
  • Options
    molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SiGa wrote: »
    and a tad bit of Luke A from last BBUK.
    :confused: What tad bit of Luke do think is like Ian?
  • Options
    Nicky2win87Nicky2win87 Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Ian delighted you won! Wish we had a similar BB in Ireland so I could go for it, love the format!

If you do have time to respond, what was it like for you when Janelle and Boogie first walked into the house?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Sorry it's taken me so long... busy few days. I did doubt Dan several times in the last week. The staged fight seemed very fishy to me.

When Boogie and Janelle entered the house I was thoroughly shocked. I thought both of them were done with BB, so it was really cool to see them there.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Britney was pretty poor as a coach. She could be funny sometimes I guess, and she was certainly some eyecandy to look at, particularly at evictions when she could look pretty stunning. The whole 'headbutt' thing (he hardly touched him) was blown way out of proportion in the house. Obviously it's all a game and I guess Willie was an easy target at that point, alongside the fact that he was isolated having been a relative of Russell (though I liked Russell on Survivor) and ended up wanting to leave anyway. And he blew things up after he brought up the fact that the veterans could enter the game, though this idea had originally come from Britney anyway.

And of course it turned out to be true, the coaches did enter the game, and Dan was one of those who did pretty much exploit his original position as a coach to gain a strong position in the house. I didn't really like how the whole coaches thing was done. Overall I liked the balance between newbies and veterans in the previous season more, it made the newbies take on the veterans to a far greater extent.

Anyway, would love any thoughts on these points.
  • Options
    Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    the coaches did enter the game, and Dan was one of those who did pretty much exploit his original position as a coach to gain a strong position in the house.
    yes thats true and imo it was unfair that he had the advantage being a coach AND had a 3 week immunity. So i am glad Dan didnt win in the end and btw he sucked as a coach and almost got kicked out week 2. I was so pissed when they evicted jojo instead.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Linus2 wrote: »
    yes thats true and imo it was unfair that he had the advantage being a coach AND had a 3 week immunity. So i am glad Dan didnt win in the end and btw he sucked as a coach and almost got kicked out week 2. I was so pissed when they evicted jojo instead.
    Three weeks immunity - some might call it an unfair advantage but others could say it evens out the disadvantage of going into the game as a previous winner and with the reputation of being one of the best players of all time.

After his team lost Jodi after the HoH comp it made Dan's team an easy target as there is less chance of repercussions at a time where people like to lie low and play it safe.. that coupled with the desire to get Dan out because of the fear instilled in the Britney/Janelle alliance by the coaches meant Dan was always going to be a target. The demise of Jodi and Kara benefited Dan - who was never fooled by the illusion of being a coach, he worked out he was going into the game. It made him appear weak - reducing his target and left him with one, guillable Danielle. Dan's strategy was always to pick one and coast to the end with them, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dan's plan all along.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    IanT88 wrote: »
    When Boogie and Janelle entered the house I was thoroughly shocked. I thought both of them were done with BB, so it was really cool to see them there.
    Speaking of them,did it seem like kind of an intimidating prospect having to play against the coaches after they entered the game as players(as a "newbie" playing against veterans who had had success in the past)?Or was playing with them basically the same as playing with all the non-returning players?
    Congratulations on the win.:)
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Dan's strategy was always to pick one and coast to the end with them, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dan's plan all along.

Dan's primary strategy was to make multiple F2 deals, all of them contingencies, then let them all work to take him to the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian:

Did you know Britney had a F2 deal with Danielle?

Why did you admit to having a F2 with Britney? Did you want to seal her fate?
  • Options
    Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan's strategy was always to pick one and coast to the end with them, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dan's plan all along.
    i believe Dan was determined to team up with Boogie, be a part of chill town or whatever. That plan failed coz Boogie was loyal to Frank and so he had to get rid of Frank. That plan also failed and Boogie was out before Frank. And then he decided to stick with Dani until the end because she worshiped him and was easy to play.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three weeks immunity - some might call it an unfair advantage but others could say it evens out the disadvantage of going into the game as a previous winner and with the reputation of being one of the best players of all time.
    TBH, I barely even REMEMBER Dan or his win or his buddy or his season. I don't know where people get this idea that he was one of the best , let alone of all time. He was not, he is not. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    i believe Dan was determined to team up with Boogie, be a part of chill town or whatever. That plan failed coz Boogie was loyal to Frank and so he had to get rid of Frank. That plan also failed and Boogie was out before Frank. And then he decided to stick with Dani until the end because she worshiped him and was easy to play.
    The plan was to keep the coaches together. Dan and Janelle are good friends IRL. Boogie refused to work with Janelle. Dan had nothing to do with Boogie going... that was all Ian and thank goodness someone had the sense to get Booger out.

He never "stuck" with Danielle, he got stuck with her and that worked out because she was easy to manipulate and could win, something he rarely could. The only one dafter and even easier to manipulate was Shane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    The plan was to keep the coaches together. Dan and Janelle are good friends IRL. Boogie refused to work with Janelle. Dan had nothing to do with Boogie going... that was all Ian and thank goodness someone had the sense to get Booger out.

This thread is in danger of being derailed :(

However..... Dan could/should have kept Janelle off the block and evicted Frank, regardless of Boogie's wishes. Despite his threats to the contrary, Boogie (with Jenn) would have had no choice but to roll with Dan, as one of his (unwitting) side alliances.

This is factually incorrect. Britney informed Dan and Danielle that Shane (who was the new HoH) intended to continue the Silent 6 agenda of evicting floaters. Dan expressed disapproval (knowing how close he came to being backdoored by Frank) and Danielle went upstairs to change Shane's (tiny) mind and presto, Boogie and Frank would be nominated. Ofcourse, Frank was the target, but he won the Veto and left Boogie trapped on the block.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I think Ian made the right moves at the right time, great player
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    This thread is in danger of being derailed :(

However..... Dan could/should have kept Janelle off the block and evicted Frank, regardless of Boogie's wishes. Despite his threats to the contrary, Boogie (with Jenn) would have had no choice but to roll with Dan, as one of his (unwitting) side alliances.

This is factually incorrect. Britney informed Dan and Danielle that Shane (who was the new HoH) intended to continue the Silent 6 agenda of evicting floaters. Dan expressed disapproval (knowing how close he came to being backdoored by Frank) and Danielle went upstairs to change Shane's (tiny) mind and presto, Boogie and Frank would be nominated. Ofcourse, Frank was the target, but he won the Veto and left Boogie trapped on the block.
    I'm not sure what show you watched, it wasn't the one I did. Start a Dan thread if you think he was all that. :cool:
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I think Ian made the right moves at the right time, great player
    Agree. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what show you watched, it wasn't the one I did.

I have complete respect for Ian's game, but I still prefer to stick to facts:

1. Ian warned Britney that she was Boogie's (and therefore Frank's) target. Deliberately playing on her paranoia?

2. Britney went to Shane, who told her he still wouldn't break the Silent 6.

3. Britney went to Dan and Danielle (at the pool table) and told them Shane's intentions and his refusal to break his word.

4. Dan said "F the word".

5. Ian joined them and only waffled about who should be nominated.

6.Danielle went upstairs and got Shane to change his mind.

As a side note, this incident demonstrated that Britney had lost control of Shane and that Danielle owned him from this point onwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TBH, I barely even REMEMBER Dan or his win or his buddy or his season. I don't know where people get this idea that he was one of the best , let alone of all time. He was not, he is not. :cool:
    You're in the minority with that opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A far better way was like last year where they had equal number of newbies and veterans. Unearned immunities are just unfair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    A far better way was like last year where they had equal number of newbies and veterans. Unearned immunities are just unfair.
    It wasn't an equal number - 8 newbies and 6 veterans, 5 if you remove Evil Dick from the equation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was more equal and the gameplay ended up being quite equal without a need for a head start for one side.
  • Options
    SiGaSiGa Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: What tad bit of Luke do think is like Ian?

I just saw a similarity with them being in effect treated as an outsider which I felt Ian was a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're in the minority with that opinion.
    What a ridiculous offensive post. You have no idea who is popular in the US and who is not. You have no idea what majority opinion is, you only know what YOUR opinion is.

Which reminds me that opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. :mad:
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a ridiculous offensive post. You have no idea who is popular in the US and who is not. You have no idea what majority opinion is, you only know what YOUR opinion is.

Which reminds me that opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. :mad:

To be fair though Dan is one of the more popular winners. I'm pretty sure he was topping all the fave polls during Season 10 and America voted him to be America's Player as early as Week 4.

He was perceived more as a villain this year, but I think the majority still respect him as a game player. Not a Natalie style villain.

:)