Rise of the tomb raider

Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
Forum Member
Cant see a thread on this? Anyone playing? I've only just started and its great so far.

If you are on windows 10 you can get it from the windows store for £6.40 by changing your region to the Ukraine.

Comments

• snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Played it over Christmas. It's an excellent game, I really enjoyed it. :)
  • Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will this be available for the PS4?
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member

Christmas i think.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A year after the Xbox release, so late 2016.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the previous version. Hoping it's as good as that. Unfortunately have to wait since ps4
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good'n
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Christmas i think.
    Matt D wrote: »
    A year after the Xbox release, so late 2016.

Thanks.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will any PS4 owners still care by the time it comes out? With Uncharted 4 and a slew of other great games on the horizon ROTR is going to have to work hard to get noticed.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Will any PS4 owners still care by the time it comes out? With Uncharted 4 and a slew of other great games on the horizon ROTR is going to have to work hard to get noticed.

I think PS4 owners will still care. Uncharted is coming out in April isn't it so that won't impact Tomb Raider at all. I guess it depends on what else is coming out around the same time. If it's just the annual Xmas showelware like CoD and AC then I think Tomb Raider will do quite well. If it goes up against another Fallout-esque game or Horizon or something like that then it might struggle.

But the reboot was quite popular among Playstation gamers so I suspect this one will too. And it got fairly decent reviews so I'm sure it will do fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I think PS4 owners will still care. Uncharted is coming out in April isn't it so that won't impact Tomb Raider at all. I guess it depends on what else is coming out around the same time. If it's just the annual Xmas showelware like CoD and AC then I think Tomb Raider will do quite well. If it goes up against another Fallout-esque game or Horizon or something like that then it might struggle.

But the reboot was quite popular among Playstation gamers so I suspect this one will too. And it got fairly decent reviews so I'm sure it will do fine.

All valid points. What about price though? The Xbox One version is already widely available for about £28, could well be cheaper or even (shock) free on GWG by then. Will a £50 price tag for what could be viewed as a year old game, with a cheaper version on the other side of the shop, have a psychological impact?
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Nice to see it had more tombs to explore this time.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of good stuff has been said about ROTR since its release, I'm certain there are many PS4 owners itching to play this, no matter how long it takes.

I hope so anyway, because it would be a great shame if Lara doesn't see another outing because of poor sales.

So I urge all PS4 owners to support this great game because it deserves to do well, crystal dynamics deserve credit for there work.

By the time this does arrive on the PS4, sales of the PS4 could well be near 50 million! If just 5% of those could make ROTR a great success. The future of Tomb Raider could lay in the hands of the PS4, something to think about!
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit reluctant to pay full price for it though given the ps snub and year wait but will see.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought an Xbox One because of this game. I really enjoyed it, played it many times through now.

By the way, THIS is the original thread (which fell off the board).
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do a GOTY edition with all DLC and I would consider the PS4 version at full price. I loved the last one. If its just the standard edition 1 year later I will wait for heavy discounting.

Either way I look forward to playing it at some point in the future on PS4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I bought an Xbox One because of this game. I really enjoyed it, played it many times through now.

By the way, THIS is the original thread (which fell off the board).

Is it as good as the last one? I thought that was amazing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of good stuff has been said about ROTR since its release, I'm certain there are many PS4 owners itching to play this, no matter how long it takes.

I hope so anyway, because it would be a great shame if Lara doesn't see another outing because of poor sales.

So I urge all PS4 owners to support this great game because it deserves to do well, crystal dynamics deserve credit for there work.

By the time this does arrive on the PS4, sales of the PS4 could well be near 50 million! If just 5% of those could make ROTR a great success. The future of Tomb Raider could lay in the hands of the PS4, something to think about!

Yes, i'm one of them. I've got all of them since the very first one back in the 90's. I can't wait to get this.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it as good as the last one? I thought that was amazing?

It's a similar story and a lot more tombs/puzzles to do. Nothing very challenging though.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    All valid points. What about price though? The Xbox One version is already widely available for about £28, could well be cheaper or even (shock) free on GWG by then. Will a £50 price tag for what could be viewed as a year old game, with a cheaper version on the other side of the shop, have a psychological impact?

Yeah true, but as Hotbird suggested, if they go a definitive version of it with all DLC then that might solve the price issue. Sony could do a bit of smart marketing and give us the first one on plus (even tho you and many others have bought/got it a few times now).

Also as gillyallen said a few people could boycott the game which mightn't help things either.

I'm sure the game will do just fine tho. It's a quality game (so I believe) so people will buy it.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Its very easy. Dont play on normal settings like i have play on the harder difficulties its like its designed for toddlers
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Christmas i think.

I don't think I can wait that long when I have an xbox 360!!! :o
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's unlikely to sell like hotcakes, which it would have had it been released on both consoles at once, but I don't think the price difference will put people off buying it. This has never been the case for any other timed exclusive.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    Its very easy. Dont play on normal settings like i have play on the harder difficulties its like its designed for toddlers
    That was my issue with the reboot. I played it on Hard and it wasn't challenging and annoyingly there wasn't a harder difficulty to be unlocked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 Rise Of The Tomb Raider confirmed for 11th October with a raft of new features.

There is a new story chapter called 'Blood Ties' – which will be playable using PlayStation VR You play as Lata searching her Father's mansion for clues to proof of ownership.

There's an extra mode named 'Lara's Nightmare' in which you must defend the mansion from zombies.

PS4 gets all of the previously released DLC

There's a new co-op mode named Endurance.
    "Two players must team up to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies by night. Fire takes fuel, food restores health, and every resource must be hunted, collected, or crafted. Battle to the top of the leaderboards, as others try to beat your longest survival run."

Does this justify at wait and, I suspect, a full price tag?
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a decent package to try and appease PS4 owners, and a full RRP would be justified too in my opinion for the content you're getting, I don't agree with the argument it's a year old, it should be cheap. If I hadn't already played it on XB1 it would be one of my most eagerly awaited games for the autumn.