Fifa 17

Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So far, new penalty run ups, free movement on free kicks, the ability to place passes from free kicks and fake throw ins!

Comments

• Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait to preorder it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I skipped 16 so I might get this.

But then I might not cuz final fantasy xv is out around then and that will take priority.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I skipped 16 so I might get this.

But then I might not cuz final fantasy xv is out around then and that will take priority.

Samd here, really want both but FFXV will take priority if I only have money for one.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they finally get the pace thing right. 15 was totally reliant on pace, if you had fast players you were sorted. A 70 overall rated striker with pace was more useful than an 80 rated slow striker. Then on 16 they went the total opposite, your striker with 95 pace would be matched step for step by Per Mertesacker, it's ridiculous. That's the main thing they need to fix.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will come with the usual EA overpriced and full of bugs.
  • SirPsychoSexySirPsychoSexy Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but its PES this year for me.
    Fifa 16 was terrible, and i am fed up with the same rubbish when playing online.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Well worth the £55 pre order price...

Not.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I skipped FIFA 16 because it didn't feel like it was different enough. FIFA in general is like that, but with 16 in particular it just didn't feel like it was worth paying so much for an updated database, that you could probably download anyway for 15.

I'll probably buy FIFA 17 after it comes out. I'll let the price drop a bit first.
  • Rubby_WilliamRubby_William Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Hope to witness something better than ever!
  • ScousingScowlerScousingScowler Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PES is getting better and better whilst Fifa seems to be stuck in a rut, Fifa 12 was probably the last significant improvement in the series, all that have followed have been too similar.
  • Gordon gGordon g Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder of it will have micro transactions.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I skipped 16 - I think only once have I bought two FIFA editions in a row - but this one looks as though it has enough new features to get me to bite. New game engine, single-player story mode and more intelligent off-the-ball AI.

PES is improving every year, yes, but it really was left behind in the dust during the last generation and is simply playing catch-up. We were all able to overlook the awful presentation, lack of licenses and game modes in the PS2 days because the gameplay was miles ahead of FIFA. That simply isn't the case any more. You can certainly make an argument that PES gameplay is better than FIFA, and vice versa, but the gap is smaller than it has ever been. With that in mind, FIFA's extra levels of polish make the difference.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would spend a year working on improving the career system and ironing out the silly little problems, but unfortunately they have to chase the sales and the majority of people want the headlines like new penalty run-ups and other unnecessary stuff.

It'll still be worth buying but it seems every time they fix a career mode issue it reappears the following year... unfortunately I'm in a minority where I like offline modes so they concentrate (I guess rightly so) on what the majority wants - like Ultimate Team.

Anyway. Still it's worth the money in spite of the issues, won't pre-order but will get it when the price is right.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same in that because there usually aren't any huge differences I don't see the point in buying each one. Last one was Fifa 15 and I would usually be happy with that for a few years but the new Career story mode interests me a huge amount.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story mode reminds me a little bit of a modern version of an old ZX Spectrum game called "Footballer of The Year". I used to love that game, I always thought it was a little bit ahead of it's time and was surprised that nobody ever really made any newer versions of it (apart from a couple of sequels on the Spectrum).

I've heard the pace problems might be fixed, although I fully expect them to have gone too far the other way again and pace to be too powerful again. I'd much that though than seeing Jamie Vardy struggling to outpace Per Mertesacker.