Options

Xbox preview programme for X1

Comments

• Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok that's me sent another request off, hope it works now.
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Hi Chaps,

Please can somebody request an invite to the preview programme for me?

My gamertag is kingcazza

Many Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just sent a request for you, hopefully you will get in.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »

Bet he's back on here with his invite tomorrow! :blush:

(100% won't be me!) :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

Cheers mate, hopefully I'll get in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Bet he's back on here with his invite tomorrow! :blush:

(100% won't be me!) :(

I have said before that it should be an app, and let anyone join that wants too. So we can all feel the pain:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have said before that it should be an app, and let anyone join that wants too. So we can all feel the pain:D

I'd prefer an app aswell! :D ... Atleast then I'd know im genuinely going through the process! :cool: .... how do I know you guys are inviting me & not just telling porkies? :blush::D ... Making me feel unwanted In the process! :cry::p
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer an app aswell! :D ... Atleast then I'd know im genuinely going through the process! :cool: .... how do I know you guys are inviting me & not just telling porkies? :blush::D ... Making me feel unwanted In the process! :cry::p

We've been rumbled folks.:D

Not been on in a couple of days. Will resend invites tonight for the usual suspects and I'll add marty too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just checked my xbox messages from web and got this

"Your invite for the Xbox Preview program is waiting! To register your console(s), open this message on your Xbox One, install the Xbox Preview Dashboard by selecting 'Launch app', and then 'Get it FREE' from the app details page."

Thanks guys for this, :)
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Any spare ones going? Gamertag is TehStiggles :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Any spare ones going? Gamertag is TehStiggles :)

I sent of a request for you as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You could always phone up there customer services and see if they can add you if you don't get in. It doesn't make sense why they would block some from joining, while still accepting others.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Cheers :D
  • Options
    crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, I've given up waiting - haven't checked this thread in a while! Thanks for everyone who continues to send invites but poor SimonB79 and I - it seems we are not destined to be on it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crimez83 wrote: »
    Ha ha, I've given up waiting - haven't checked this thread in a while! Thanks for everyone who continues to send invites but poor SimonB79 and I - it seems we are not destined to be on it!

Yep! ... It's a total piss take! ... I've had literally everyone on my friendlist send out numerous invites & im getting totally ignored! 👏 ... (Everyone seems to automatically get accepted within 2 or 3 days!) 👏

(Considering they pretty much trashed my xb360 last time with their stupid shite updates maybe it's not such a bad thing afterall) 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member

Just been accepted in. Many thanks :D

And sorry to the folks who haven't yet got in :(
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely time for Simon & crimez to get on the phone to MS and give them some shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely time for Simon & crimez to get on the phone to MS and give them some shit.

I would if I geniunely believed I had a case! :o ... I think folk are telling me I've been invited but aren't actually bothering! :( ... Thats the only explanation I can think of! :blush:
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I would if I geniunely believed I had a case! :o ... I think folk are telling me I've been invited but aren't actually bothering! :( ... Thats the only explanation I can think of! :blush:

I have tried to invite hopefully you will get in one day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I defo have been trying for you as well. All you do is launch the app, select invite, then select the gamertag of your friends list. You get a green tick in the corner of the gamertag, select done and you get a message saying they will be in contact with your friend. The whole process takes about 30 secs.

Maybe you have already been invited, but missed the code (when there was codes being sent), maybe the service desk can actually reset it. Id give them a phone and see if they can actually do anything. This is assuming you are actually bothered by it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I defo have been trying for you as well. All you do is launch the app, select invite, then select the gamertag of your friends list. You get a green tick in the corner of the gamertag, select done and you get a message saying they will be in contact with your friend. The whole process takes about 30 secs.

Maybe you have already been invited, but missed the code (when there was codes being sent), maybe the service desk can actually reset it. Id give them a phone and see if they can actually do anything. This is assuming you are actually bothered by it.

Yep! ... Its not important enough ta waste money / time calling some indian callcentre! ;-) ... You guys might aswell stop sending em cause your obviously getting nowhere! :blush:
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone been having problems with games not auto-updating when the console is in stand-by?

I've checked the settings and it's definitely selected so that it does do it when in stand-by.

Just last night I was in the middle of playing GTA5 when it quit out to update (and I'm convinced that is the 3rd time it's downloaded the same patch). So I decided to give Halo a go and it wanted to download a 500MB patch. So I switched to Sunset Overdrive and again it wanted to download......

All of these games besides GTA5 were downloaded from the Store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Feb update is live. I have sent out another invite for simon and the dingo:D I get the feeling that you need to call the helpline if you are not in yet.

http://majornelson.com/2015/01/13/xbox-one-february-system-update-game-hubs-tv-updates-now-preview/

Starting today, members of the Xbox One preview program will get to check out these new features first:

Game hubs – New in preview this month, game hubs are the go-to centers for all sorts of interesting content around your favorite games. Every Xbox One game will have a game hub where you can see which of your friends are playing the game, compete with your friends in game leaderboards, dive into the coolest game clips and game broadcasts, and follow the game’s VIPs and top players.

To get to the game hub for your favorite game, find a game in your pins, recently played list, or My games and apps, then press the Menu button and select View game hub. You can also search for any game in the Xbox Store and click on the game hub tile from the game’s store page.

Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – We listened to your feedback and added additional tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background. Note: some items can’t be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.

TV updates – We’re releasing a lot of updates to the live TV experience and features are being released to additional countries in preview this month: OneGuide for the Netherlands – Support for OneGuide will continue in preview for the Netherlands and the missing channels for the Netherlands OneGuide listings will become available over the next few weeks.

TV trending in OneGuide – As you scan the detailed OneGuide TV listings, you can see which shows are trending by a “Trending on Xbox” note and associated icon. Xbox – live TV trending is based on the number of Xbox One owners currently watching that show in each country, pulled from anonymous data collected at a national level. Currently, Xbox TV trending is available to all members in the U.S., UK and Canada.

Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico will begin seeing live TV trending data in Xbox OneGuide.

Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – Xbox One will work even better with more devices. This month’s preview release contains updates to the IR blasting database for new models and addresses issues reported by our fan community.

“Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Preview members with the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in supported countries (UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) will now be able to see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding paused TV on your Xbox One consoles.

Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – We are continuing the preview of live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android devices for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

We’re excited to start the New Year off on the right foot by continuing our commitment to making Xbox One the best place to play. Let us know what you think of this month’s preview and stay tuned for more news on Xbox One system updates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I am trying out the game hub, hovered over dragons age, press start and chose game hub. In dragons age it says that mine and 8 other guys progression is at 37% but I have completed the game and am pretty sure everyone else has. There must be a lot of dlc due for the game. Which I don't mind:D

My super duper bow has given me top damage for 1 blow, sitting at 13, 826. Next is at 7, 744. My lebo archer is badass:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Feb update is live. I have sent out another invite for simon and the dingo:D I get the feeling that you need to call the helpline if you are not in yet.

http://majornelson.com/2015/01/13/xbox-one-february-system-update-game-hubs-tv-updates-now-preview/

Starting today, members of the Xbox One preview program will get to check out these new features first:

Game hubs – New in preview this month, game hubs are the go-to centers for all sorts of interesting content around your favorite games. Every Xbox One game will have a game hub where you can see which of your friends are playing the game, compete with your friends in game leaderboards, dive into the coolest game clips and game broadcasts, and follow the game’s VIPs and top players.

To get to the game hub for your favorite game, find a game in your pins, recently played list, or My games and apps, then press the Menu button and select View game hub. You can also search for any game in the Xbox Store and click on the game hub tile from the game’s store page.

Custom backgrounds and tile transparency – We listened to your feedback and added additional tile transparency to the Home tiles to make your background images more visible. As a reminder, to set a custom background, go to Settings > My Xbox > My background. Note: some items can’t be made transparent due to usage rights/restrictions for certain images.

TV updates – We’re releasing a lot of updates to the live TV experience and features are being released to additional countries in preview this month: OneGuide for the Netherlands – Support for OneGuide will continue in preview for the Netherlands and the missing channels for the Netherlands OneGuide listings will become available over the next few weeks.

TV trending in OneGuide – As you scan the detailed OneGuide TV listings, you can see which shows are trending by a “Trending on Xbox” note and associated icon. Xbox – live TV trending is based on the number of Xbox One owners currently watching that show in each country, pulled from anonymous data collected at a national level. Currently, Xbox TV trending is available to all members in the U.S., UK and Canada.

Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico will begin seeing live TV trending data in Xbox OneGuide.

Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – Xbox One will work even better with more devices. This month’s preview release contains updates to the IR blasting database for new models and addresses issues reported by our fan community.

“Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Preview members with the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in supported countries (UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) will now be able to see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding paused TV on your Xbox One consoles.

Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – We are continuing the preview of live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android devices for Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

We’re excited to start the New Year off on the right foot by continuing our commitment to making Xbox One the best place to play. Let us know what you think of this month’s preview and stay tuned for more news on Xbox One system updates.

Thanks! :cool:

(Appreciate it!) ;-)