XF: Back To Basics 2 - The Grand Final!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    TreyC and Chris Brown

Chris thank you so much for coming down to perform with this amazing girl. That duet was just a breath of fresh air and girl you really put your all into it. You worked so well together on the stage. Good luck tonight and no matter what you will be going far in the music industry!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I don`t remember him singing a snow patrol but N-dubz for MK1 is a bit different as they could easily be mistaken as a tribute act.

Aiden has covered Chasing Cars so for me I just felt that there was no creativity in the song choice. And for that second comment MK1 have a similar style to N Dubz but they will hardly be mistaken for them.
    Forum Member
    Treyc

Treyc I had to go back and double check as I thought your mentor had already used Jordin Sparks for you but it was actually Alexandra. I liked the vocals but it wasn’t something that made me go wow. I honestly wish you had have sang a much more R&B style song with a bit of rap in it as I felt as though your performances are missing something. I wish you the best of luck and feel you deserve to get into the final 2.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have good comments overall for Treyc, will that be enough for her to make the final two?

Back on stage and ready to turn their swags on with their celeb partner, it's Little Mix!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIzSvft-DBE
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

I thought that was just stunning! Outstanding vocals from both of you. Thank you Chris for flying over to duet with our amazing Treyc. You voices complimented each other so much especially at the high notes towards the end. Im so proud of you tonight no matter what happens, you are a true star in my eyes and I think your performances makes you deserving to be in that final two! Excellent duet
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treyc Cohen

Treyc, I'm a HUGE fan of yours but this just wasn't as good as I think it could have and should have been. It wasn't quite the R&B Treyc we've been before, I just think it was too much of a risk to take in the final leg of the competition. Regardless, I hope that your fans vote for you tonight as you have great potentional to win the competition!
    Forum Member
    Little Mix and Kery Hilson

Woah!! You both certainly put my swag on. Thank you so much for coming keri. You are on fire tonight and you also worked well together. The vocals and harmonies were amazing and I really cannot call it tonight girls. You are just amazing and you will also do well whether you come 3rd, 2nd or 3rd!!
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Treyc's duet with Chris. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »

Thank you very much!
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

*Standing Ovation*

Girls what can I say that was just amazing. On your own girls you are amazing and could make a monster smash hit of that song but to add Keri into the mix tonight just made the performance soar to a new level. I feel that you girls really deserve to be in the final 2 and I hope that the public will continue to vote for you and get you to where you deserve to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix

*Standing Ovation*

Girls! Oh my word, that was FANTASTIC! I really do think it's going to be very close tonight! That, again, was very urban and showed off the fantastic vocals between you and your original style of performance. It was great to see such a great dance-y song covered as well and I wished I could just come up and join in. Great work girls, and I really hope you get through to the next round!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime I hear that song, Cher Lloyd comes to mind and you've already covered her.. But nevertheless I was a bit too urban for me if Im honest, as I don't think you'd immediately fit into the Keri Hilson market but I thought it was a good risk and I thought you smashed it on the vocals so good luck tonight
    Forum Member
    MuSiKe wrote: »

What did you think of aidens duet? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing comments overall for the girls, will they make the final two?

We now come to the end of the Celeb duets and it's time for you to have your say as the lines are now OPEN!

Here's a reminder of tonight's performances so far:

Party Songs

Aiden Grimshaw - I kissed A Girl/Good Feeling Mash-up
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk31vjr9NQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYOCJn5xvTE
    Good feeling = Gf
    I kissed a girl = Ikg

Starts Ikg: 0:00 - 1:01
    Gf: 1:24 - 2:12
    Ikg: 1:02 - 1:54
    Gf: 2:41 - 2:55

Treyc Cohen - Evacuate The Dancefloor (by Cascada)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLD7xn0cad4

Little Mix - Louder (by Parade)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI62NlMa5V0

Celebrity Duet

Aiden Grimshaw - Open Your Eyes (with Snow Patrol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1Q9y6VVy0
    Aiden:All this feels strange and untrue
    And I won't waste a minute without you
    My bones ache, my skin feels cold
    And I'm getting so tired and so old

Aiden: The anger swells in my guts
    And I won't feel these slices and cuts
    I want so much to open your eyes
    'Cos I need you to look into mine

The music will pause and Aiden will introduce Gary!!

Gary: Tell me that you'll open your eyes
    Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Gary: Get up, get out, get away from these liars

Aiden: 'Cos they don't get your soul or your fire
    Take my hand, knot your fingers through mine

Gary:And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time

Aiden: Every minute from this minute now
    We can do what we like anywhere

Gary: I want so much to open your eyes
    'Cos I need you to look into mine

Aiden: Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Aiden:Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Both: Tell me that you'll open your eyes

Gary: All this feels strange and untrue

Aiden: And I won't waste a minute without you

Treyc Cohen - No Air (with Chris Brown)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKnpyoFEBo

Little Mix - Turn My Swag On (with Keri Hilson) [Alexa Goddard Cover]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIzSvft-DBE

So inbox me your rankings of 3-1 to me as always. Judges can vote too and I'm sure they know the drill at this point.

The lines will FREEZE at 8pm when one act will be eliminated in third place so don't let that be your favorite, in the meantime, feel free to talk about what's happened tonight so far, here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I say the reason for my delays was due to several long bus journeys from one town to another and then back again. :o
    Forum Member
    Jacka as you didn`t post your comments for aiden what did you think of his performances? :)
    Forum Member
    Please vote for Aiden!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over 30 minutes left and it's looking very close between all three acts...keep the votes coming.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Voted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please support Treyc!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacka as you didn`t post your comments for aiden what did you think of his performances? :)

I didn't get a chance to look at his first performance, but I was fairly impressed with his celebrity duet. You seem to have finally gotten the grasp of what he should be singing!
    Forum Member
    Voted

Good to see some viewers voting tonight, thanks for the votes even if they werent for Little Mix :p
    Forum Member
    Whether aiden comes 1st, 2nd or 3rd I am happy, as it is pretty good for my 1st mentoring career. I would like him to be 1st though!! :)
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you think of aidens duet? :)

It was better, but he shouldn't have got this far with some of the songs he's sang. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually quite pleased I made it to 5th place with what is always the hardest category to mentor (The Overs) in my mentoring debut. However, I hope to try and go one step further in The X Factor vs The Voice UK :)