American Idol Top 4 (Second time) Live Show + Results Discussion

13»

Comments

• dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Yes, I watched the show each week, and as Snooker is on, watching that, but had the show saved for me, and watched latest one this morning. Didn't surprise me that Amber went as judges never liked her, which was clear to see from their comments, over the weeks, as she wasn't what they needed.

Funny Valentine isn't a great number and wasn't when it first came out either, but I liked Amber's version, which I would listen to again if it ever came to that, as she made it listenable.

Judges have been favouring insincere Angie for weeks.

Amber was clearly a judge favourite. They've consistantly praised her every week (even when it wasn't warranted). It's been Kree and to a lesser extent, Angie, who've been getting the most critique. Angie most certainly hasn't been favoured.

As for your comment about My Funny Valentine not being a great number - you're just plain wrong. It 'first came out' in 1937 and is a jazz standard classic that's been covered by such greats as Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Miles Davis. Amber wasn't the one who made it listenable!!

One wonders if you've been watching the same show as everyone else....
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its clear that the judges wanted either Amber or Angie to win. The clearly dont want Kree to win now.

From day 1 it has seemed like the Angie show. Every single song she does sounds exactly the bloody same, but none of the judges ever point it out. Ok, she can play piano. Woo. Bloody. Hoo. Does it make her the best? No. So all this rubbish about nobody being better than her when she is at the piano, what the. I really hope America see's sense and Angie leaves this week, as i think Candice and Kree have been the best since the start (Candice's worst performance is almost as good as Kree and Angie's best....which says a lot)

Angie belongs in Musical Theatre. The other two, belong in the charts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amber was clearly a judge favourite. They've consistantly praised her every week (even when it wasn't warranted). It's been Kree and to a lesser extent, Angie, who've been getting the most critique. Angie most certainly hasn't been favoured.

As for your comment about My Funny Valentine not being a great number - you're just plain wrong. It 'first came out' in 1937 and is a jazz standard classic that's been covered by such greats as Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Miles Davis. Amber wasn't the one who made it listenable!!

She certainly hasn't been getting the most critique. There has been times when Amber, Kree and Candice have all given performances much much better than Angie, yet, the judges give her a standing ovation, and critique the others. It's been quite obvious since hollywood week that the producers want Angie to win. A lot more people are realising that now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I actually think you're in the minority here - most people seem to be coming to the realisation that Angie has been heavily favoured by the producers and judges. So yes, one DOES wonder if you've been watching the same show as everyone else.
  • David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Experience has counted this time, Amber is 4 or 5 years younger than Candice and it has shown. Amber just wasn't ready for the long haul that Idol becomes for top 4 contestants, she just didn't have the repetoire needed. Amber has one significant advantage over Candice, her look. Candice needs to do a Jennifer Hudson and lose lots of poundage. In terms of post idol success these are the only 2 with a chance, auto tune can sort out Amber's problems, discipline can sort out Candice's issues.