Finding Dory

RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So Finding Dory is out on the 29th July!!

I want to see it, and I'm 22.

Do you think they'll be more adults watching this than Finding Nemo? Obviously they'll be families with kids watching, but like with Toy Story 3, will a lot of young adults will be watching out of nostalgia do you think? So basically will children of 13 years ago (meaning young adults now) watch now?

Comments

• stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I don't why people are embarrassed about seeing it as an adult? I've seen loads of Pixar films as an adult. Saying that - try and avoid a screening where a group of schoolkids turn up - I nearly had that with Toy Story 3.
  • Jeremy_ClarkJeremy_Clark Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I saw it,s good,but sad a lot.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum and I went to see it yesterday and when it ended we both agreed that it was sweet but we wouldn't be in a rush to see it again unlike the first film which is a classic (I was 18 when it was released).

It was sad in parts but I honestly wouldn't have rated as highly as the reviews have done. The real highlights for me were Hank 'inking' himself in the touch pool and the truck scene towards the end.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love a good Pixar film.

I'm taking my 9 year old nephew as a birthday treat on Saturday but would have seen it regardless.
  • Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it a few weeks ago and loved it., but it's not as good as the first one.

Then again...sequels never are.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best sequels I have seen in a really long time. It's great.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it, though to be honest it's been so long since I've seen it I no longer remember much about the first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I liked it, though to be honest it's been so long since I've seen it I no longer remember much about the first.

Neither does dear Dory
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither does dear Dory

I guess I walked into that one.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Finding Dory is out on the 29th July!!

I want to see it, and I'm 22.

Do you think they'll be more adults watching this than Finding Nemo? Obviously they'll be families with kids watching, but like with Toy Story 3, will a lot of young adults will be watching out of nostalgia do you think? So basically will children of 13 years ago (meaning young adults now) watch now?

I took my son who's eleven to see it and my daughter wanted to go too, she's seventeen.

I liked it better than Finding Nemo which is a classic.
  • Raye1774Raye1774 Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went and saw this with a friend yesterday (I'm in my 40s and she's in her 60s) no stigma to going alone. I enjoyed it but I didn't feel the same tug at my heartstrings that I felt when I saw Finding Nemo. Not one I will rush to see again, but still worth going to see.
  • KekebearKekebear Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    My husband and I have always seen Disney films when they are released, so I'm not sure of the "stigma" of seeing Finding Dory...

We really enjoyed it; the sea lions had me HOWLING!
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took the kids to see it. They liked it OK but it didn't work at all for me.

It's not easy to put my finger on exactly what was wrong with it, but I think one of the main reasons was that I've had root canal surgery that was funnier than Ellen Degeneres.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    For such a big Pixar film I didn't see this hyped much like you got with Secret Life Of Pets!

I didn't even know it had been released until during the week when I noticed!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We took my 9 year old nephew.

Ellen bugs me, so Dory's voice bugged me.

But it was an enjoyable film.

Idris Elba getting everywhere at the moment - the sea lions are a hoot :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    For such a big Pixar film I didn't see this hyped much like you got with Secret Life Of Pets!

I didn't even know it had been released until during the week when I noticed!

I agree. The hype and attention for Finding Dory has been very low in the UK.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Ellen bugs me, so Dory's voice bugged me.

Also the 'speaking whale' thing was awful.

It was the worst joke in the first movie and they milked the hell out of it in this one. I appreciate that it's not aimed at me, but there is no excuse for overused bad gags, kids movie or not.
  • TheAngryGermanTheAngryGerman Posts: 1,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it. :)