Top 3 Performance and Results Show Discussion - 17/05/12, 7pm on ITV2

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Dix wrote: »
    How about Lisa Marie Presley...didn't even know she could sing :eek::eek: Bet she's not as good as her dad was though. :)

She's certainly got a rather deep husky voice.
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure we're Live Ryan! lol :D Fun time with Jen and the phone and some animated critters. :D Hollie's there in the studio with the trio having fun in the recording studio.

Lisa Marie Presley performs....she might look like the King, but she'll never replace him, that's for sure. Her song was ok...

Back to results....

Jessica............Jimmy, powerful, incredible singer, but doesn't think agree with Steven's accessment. She's got it, she has to have the most magical moment. Re I'll be there...thinks song hurt her, as she had to sing 2 parts.Jimmy's hiccup re it....

ads again...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Understatment of the year! :eek:

Yeah..the King lives. :D
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Joshua far to old fashioned and outdated for the show.

Yes he can sing, but so can thousands of backing singers all over the world.

I don't feel he has a great performance in him, his creepy smile ruins slow/sombre songs and he moves awkwardly during more uptempo, I think he's just not cut out to actually be a popstar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's certainly got a rather deep husky voice.

Was thinking that her style could grow on a person, given enough time. :)
    Forum Member
    So, did Hollie accompany the remaining three contestants to the studio before she was eliminated, or was she just invited along for the sake of it? lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam's a bit Elvis tonight - lookswise
    Forum Member
    Sheesh it's hard to work-out exactly which is Adam's voice and which is the female back-up singers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on Phil!!!
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately I think Phillip did have the better night out of the 3.
    Although it says alot when the judges comments include 'You don't even have to hit all the notes'. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved that
    "I saw Philip senior packing some heat"

:eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    Yeah yeah yeah Jennifer, you'll be trying to remember their names in a week or so. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're back...

Donna Summer reaction...

Adam.....like this number, looks tres :cool: too, nice to see him. :D

Phillip....and Jimmy....did a great job of Beggin', didn't steal the show. Re Disease...liked how Phil is willing to risk anything, but that song wasn't strong enough to sing at this stage of the comp. You Got Tonight, best performance of the night etc. Was Flawless, Phil dug down deep etc.

Judges comments re the trio now..

another ad
    Forum Member
    90 million votes. well b*gger me. :eek:

Jessica Sanchez is through to the final 2.

And so is Phillip Phillips

Eliminated is Joshua.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're back.....

Jessica....through

Phillip......through

Maybe Hollie was hanging round cos they knew Josh would leave...what ya think?

Well done Josh, and winning a song contest doesn't really mean anything....you got a better career coming 2nd or 3rd. :)
    Forum Member
    Guess I can accept Joshua going home. He didn't have the best night I suppose.

Although I've been trying to talk myself with being okay with the eliminee for weeks, ever since Skylar and then Hollie.
    I certainly would have preferred a Double J final 2 though. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    come on Philip - TALENTED !!!

Had a few Friday night sherberts - going to watch my new

BONNIE RAITT dvd now - woohoo

see you next week!!:D:cool::cool::cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Joshua far to old fashioned and outdated for the show.

Yes he can sing, but so can thousands of backing singers all over the world.

I don't feel he has a great performance in him, his creepy smile ruins slow/sombre songs and he moves awkwardly during more uptempo, I think he's just not cut out to actually be a popstar.

Wouldn't consider Josh a backing singer, but more in the style of Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin, or style of their songs. If he gets the right type of songs, he could do very well. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I absolutely can't accept it :( There have been many results that have had me fuming on AI over the years, particularly Melinda Doolittle not making the top three and Adam not winning, but this one tops them all.

For me the best singer there's ever been on any singing contest anywhere. I admit it wasn't his best night, 'Imagine' in particular was a big mistake, but I just fail to see how someone who has the makings of the greatest soul singer for the past thirty years didn't get to the finale
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N X M wrote: »
    I absolutely can't accept it :( There have been many results that have had me fuming on AI over the years, particularly Melinda Doolittle not making the top three and Adam not winning, but this one tops them all.

For me the best singer there's ever been on any singing contest anywhere. I admit it wasn't his best night, 'Imagine' in particular was a big mistake, but I just fail to see how someone who has the makings of the greatest soul singer for the past thirty years didn't get to the finale

Totally agree I am totally gutted what is America thinking? The final is going to be so boring now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I've been trying to talk myself with being okay with the eliminee for weeks, ever since Skylar and then Hollie.
    I certainly would have preferred a Double J final 2 though. :(

Jessica will have to pull out all the stops next week, or it's curtains for her. However can't see her or Phillip as popstar material for very long, as they don't sound like pop singers I've heard.

Anyway see you next week, and have a nice weekend. :)

xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I agree. I think sadly the judges did him no favours. If they had no gone so over the top then many people might not of got the hump. I think though its hard not to go over the top on him because he is just a different class. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's the times we live in, more to do with pop music, and everything else takes a back seat. Or people have forgotten how popular soul music used to be. Josh has a beauliful voice and should do very well. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Jessica will have to pull out all the stops next week, or it's curtains for her. However can't see her or Phillip as popstar material for very long, as they don't sound like pop singers I've heard.

Anyway see you next week, and have a nice weekend. :)

xxx

I think Jessica will win this now by a landslide. She has had far more hits on networking sites in America and also her downloads are beating Philip 3 to 1. I also think that the majority of Joshua voters with vote for Jessica. It seems this year that people who supports one of them likes the other as well. Many people have been saying J J for the final or that they like those 2 acts the best.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So America loves soul type singers such as Adele, Amy, Duffy etc but don't want to vote for Joshua, that just seems daft (not that anyone said that, I am talking about America). I can just imagine Philip saying he wants to record real music and his acoustic sets in tiny concert halls and I think that would be so boring.

Jimmy and the judges should have used their particular song choices to make Josh sound more contemporary just for the one show. He sang 2 songs I didn't know and Imagine wasn't the greatest of choices so that's what lost it for him.