Android Upgrades.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm currently on T-Mobile paying about £26 per month for an HTC Wildfire with a decent amount of minutes and 3GB of internet, my contract is up next month.

I'd ideally like to keep a similar price range per month. Ideally I'd like ICS, lots of storage space for apps, with an SD card slot for my music. I don't mind paying a little bit (£50) up front...

Can anyone recommend a good handset?

Thanks

Comments

• c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could root and download a custom ROM for the wildfire.

If not, then is your budget £50 + around £75 you can get for selling the wildfire or just straight £50 ?

Also how many minutes do you need ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 600 mins at the moment, usually use between 300 and 500 per month. My Wildfire is already running Cyanogenmod 7 though it might be recycled with the family :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I have 600 mins at the moment, usually use between 300 and 500 per month. My Wildfire is already running Cyanogenmod 7 though it might be recycled with the family :)

You should be at least able to get a Galaxy S2 on upgrade, AND negotiate a discount on your monthly bill.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    for £26 pm plus a bit up front you should be able to have any phone you want.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look on HotUKDeals. The Samsung GS3, HTC One X and Galaxy Note are all available for £26 or less.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I recently changed from a Wildfire to an HTC One X - a massive improvement, it runs ICS and has a fantastic screen.

The only drawback (for some, but not me) is that it has no SD card slot but it does have plenty of onboard storage.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    I'm currently on T-Mobile paying about £26 per month for an HTC Wildfire with a decent amount of minutes and 3GB of internet, my contract is up next month.

I'd ideally like to keep a similar price range per month. Ideally I'd like ICS, lots of storage space for apps, with an SD card slot for my music. I don't mind paying a little bit (£50) up front...

Can anyone recommend a good handset?

Thanks

Galaxy S2 on 3

£25 a month for unlimited internet, 5000 text and 500 mins.