Options

we might after all get Mass Effect remasters

shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
Forum Member
✭✭✭
EA Studios boss Patrick Soderlund spoke about the subject with Game Informer at Gamescom

"The honest answer is that we are absolutely actively looking at it," Soderlund said of remasters. "I can't announce anything today, but you can expect us most likely to follow our fellow partners in Activision and other companies that have done this successfully."

Comments

• Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd only be interested in a remaster of the second game though, so if it was a collection and not sold individually I'd give it it a miss. I'm sure remasters will happen in the run up to the new Mass Effect game.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    snafu65 wrote: »
    I'm sure remasters will happen in the run up to the new Mass Effect game.

Not sure it'll be that soon, but I do think it's a matter of time now. EA have completely changed their tune since last asked.

All three games, and all dlc please! :D
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every other last gen game got a remaster so this is inevitable lol. I never completed the DLC's so I would buy this game again.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would quite happily platinum all three games again. problem is i think they've waited too long they should have been out by now so people can work through them and complete them ready for Andromeda. not sure coming out after andromeda is the best thing
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love all 3 remastered, 2 i would say was the best. They seemed to get the ballance between the rpg and shooter just right, mass effect 3 just lost the rpg elements in my opinion and became more of a space shooter
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    In my opinion,

ME1 had the best story, the best rpg elements, and the best citadel

ME2 had the best characters and character development (and the best Normandy!)

ME3 had the best combat system and a brilliant co-op multiplayer

All three had amazing story moments though. I think 2 and 3 often seem better because they had such epic story moments, even if their overall stories had more flaws, whilst 1 is a more concise story overall.

I'd probably play remasters, but it depends. I think they'd need to add some new bits, maybe improve the combat of 1 and 2 so they are on par with 3. In other words, I'd take remakes over remasters. I'm not big on remasters in general, even though it is one of my favourite game series, there's usually just not a big enough difference for me to justify it. I could just play the original games if I wanted or pc versions with mods.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    i would quite happily platinum all three games again. problem is i think they've waited too long they should have been out by now so people can work through them and complete them ready for Andromeda. not sure coming out after andromeda is the best thing

Agree. I also think it's strange tgAt Markham Asylum and City are getting remastered now. Errrrrr, a bit late.