Options

EE - The real reason they axed Clare Bates & Honey Mitchell... Janine?

Comments

• Options
    donna hopedonna hope Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    but they never axed clare

gemma left after she was offered dancing on ice. eastenders wouldnt let her do it so she didnt resign
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna hope wrote: »
    but they never axed clare

gemma left after she was offered dancing on ice. eastenders wouldnt let her do it so she didnt resign

Not true, gemma signed on to dancing on Ice AFTER she was axed from the soap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bleaney wrote: »
    Not true, gemma signed on to dancing on Ice AFTER she was axed from the soap.

she left eastenders to do another project that project was dancing on ice which she signed with back in august

gemma said all this herself. look through her interviews.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest...we've been there, done that with Janine. When they give her depth and stop her being so panto she is really good, and Charlie is a great actress, but Honey was a great character and Clare could have had potential if they had stuck with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she left eastenders to do another project that project was dancing on ice which she signed with back in august

gemma said all this herself. look through her interviews.

Show me source? All actors when they get axed from soaps say they have 'other projects in the pipeline', its a face-saving tool.

Show me a source, written BEFORE the BBC amnnounced Clares departure that SAYS she will be appearing in Dancing on ice?
  • Options
    untouched-sinuntouched-sin Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    ^ Source to say this wasn't the case or infact she was axed for Janine?

Seems a bit, I'm right, you're wrong at the moment.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And with Honey, I believe she got the boot so that Janine would have someone to 'go back to' when she returned to the square. they needed to 'rough up' Billy's character again for Janine's return, so off went Honey and the kids..
    See below
    So Janine's return meant that two characters got the axe...

WAS IT WORTH IT?

Anyone agree?
    Janine is OK but rather predictable
    There wasn't much scope for future storylines with Honey and that could have hindered Billy's too. Regardless of Janine's return he's been more involved now he's living back in the square.

Why all this fuss for Silly Billy. The best solution would be to axe Silly Billy.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Honey thing could be true, but there was no reason for Clare to have to go for Janine - they could easily have co-existed or even better had a fued.

I think they dived in for the Gemma Bissix seeing how well she did in Hollyoaks, and then had her with nothing to do, perhaps not thinking about the whole return well enouugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Show me source? All actors when they get axed from soaps say they have 'other projects in the pipeline', its a face-saving tool.

Show me a source, written BEFORE the BBC amnnounced Clares departure that SAYS she will be appearing in Dancing on ice?

she said it herself to inside soap. everyone thought she was doing a film with danny dyer that eastenders wouldnt let her do but she left eastenders because itv asked her to do dancing on ice back in the summer. she started training for it as soon as she left eastenders.

you find me a source that says she was axed. you wont find one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Source to say this wasn't the case or infact she was axed for Janine?

Seems a bit, I'm right, you're wrong at the moment.

I'll openly admit I have no source which proves that honey & Clare were axed for janine, as ive said all along, this is a theory of mine (I started the thread).

However, to the best of my knowledge, I am sure it was never reported that ''Bissix quits EE for Dancing on Ice''

And anyway, think about it logically, why would Gemma volunatrily give up a well paid regular job in a soap, for a temporary appearance in Dancing on Ice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll openly admit I have no source which proves that honey & Clare were axed for janine, as ive said all along, this is a theory of mine (I started the thread).

However, to the best of my knowledge, I am sure it was never reported that ''Bissix quits EE for Dancing on Ice''

And anyway, think about it logically, why would Gemma volunatrily give up a well paid regular job in a soap, for a temporary appearance in Dancing on Ice?

Who says it was 'well payed?'

She probably got the same for that show, she'd get for a year in EE. She was on a six-month contract, which she probably knew would not be extended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the news that Gemma was leaving EE, it was announced in May -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_20080523.shtml

Here is the interview Gemma did with Digitalspy when she left EE in july -

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a112553/gemma-bissix-clare-bates-eastenders.html

Notice at the end of the interview she tells us what shes getting up to in the future, no mention of Dancing on Ice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who says it was 'well payed?'

She probably got the same for that show, she'd get for a year in EE. She was on a six-month contract, which she probably knew would not be extended.

You really think shell be paid more in Dancing on Ice than she was in EE?
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that could be the case with Clare, but not Honey that is too long ago now.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and with the Dancing on Ice stuff - I really doubt they would be working the line up for DOI so many months before..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You really think shell be paid more in Dancing on Ice than she was in EE?

For the series of Dancing on Ice, she'd be paid more than the basic wage for a six-month contract in EE.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Can I just throw this in. It has been done before where the actor/tress claims they quit and it later transpired they were axed a few cases would include Jake Moon and Ruby Allen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just throw this in. It has been done before where the actor/tress claims they quit and it later transpired they were axed a few cases would include Jake Moon and Ruby Allen.

SAINTS PRESERVE US!!!!

Thankyou Chrissie, I needed some back up. Your absolutely right of course. the general rule is, if the actor is happy to keep quiet about their departure, then the soap is happy for them to say ''it was my decision''.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    My personal opinion is that Gemma was axed. But I can understand if she did quit. She arrived with this big bump but we knew nothing about why or how it happened 6 months after she left the show.

It just seemed strange that after all her excitment to be coming back. She had spent years trying to get back, even when she joined Hollyoaks she had admitted that she begged Paul Bradley to return so she could return, her mum phoned up every new producer and asked them to let her return but nothing happened and she ended up joining Hollyoaks, then when she gets her chance to return she quits after 6 months and isn't willing to let it lie and see what happens following that low time. Imagine Claire given Nick what for...

But she was introduced and given nothing to do and was unpopular I could understand if Gemma said right I want out this is crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    except gemma did quit. it was rumoured at the time she left to do another preject and that was dancing on ice

your just damn rude and pissed off as its proved your theory wrong

Why am I damn rude? Your throwing your toys out of the pram, and youve proved nothing at all.

EVERY KNOWS YOU DONT QUIT A SOAP TO DO REALITY TV.

It would be like Stacey Slater/lacey turner quitting EE to appear in Celebrity big brother (NOT LIKELY!!)

Your obviously a fan of Gemma and dont like hearing negative things about her. thats fine, I like her too , and actually I think its a real shame shes not in EE anymore.

but if you or anyone else seriously believe a soap actor would leave their job for Dancing on ice then you are cuckoo!!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    But Janine and Billy stop living together soon and he stops having a part in her storylines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Janine and Billy stop living together soon and he stops having a part in her storylines.

I know, but only for a while.

I'm prepared to accept there were other contributing factors to honey being axed... I think EE did want to turn Billy a bit 'bad' again, AND with Jase leaving, they wanted to pair Billy & jay together, again Honey being on the scene might have scuppered that (can you imagine Jay being as rude as he is with honey?)

I do think however, that janines return was the straw that broke the camels back with honey . With janines reappearance, I think the EE writers would have felt that honey was blocking too many storylines.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVERY KNOWS YOU DONT QUIT A SOAP TO DO REALITY TV.

It would be like Stacey Slater/lacey turner quitting EE to appear in Celebrity big brother (NOT LIKELY!!)
    shouldnt that be Dancing On Ice, Stacey Slater Ice Skater? but yeah you would be crazy to quit a soap (or any TV role) for a reality show.

That said if you are a CBBC presenter stuck on the CBBC Channel, getting older and the career seemingly going no where, I can understand why a primetime reality show can seem like a good idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    shouldnt that be Dancing On Ice, Stacey Slater Ice Skater? but yeah you would be crazy to quit a soap (or any TV role) for a reality show.

That said if you are a CBBC presenter stuck on the CBBC Channel, getting older and the career seemingly going no where, I can understand why a primetime reality show can seem like a good idea.

lol, agreed, reality shows are good if you want to give your career a re-boot.

But soapstars dont generally need that (unless theyve been axed of course!) :D:D:D
  • Options
    moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe for one second Gemma left of her own accord. She was axed because they did not know what to do with her. They had run out of ideas basically.