Comments

• Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good win for Trinity. I'm not sure what has happened to Warrington. :o
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think those two last 5 minute tries might have just saved Brian Noble his job.
  • sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dids858 wrote: »
    Bloody Warrington!

Did they cost you a wager?

My heart is in my boots, they are my team :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great weekend for us. Beating Saints last night. I think that must be in our greatest SL victories. The 42-6 mauling of Hull at the KC last year just pips it for me but an incredible result. Come on Rovers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's time for the Rhinos to rule the world again, GOOD LUCK lad's we can do it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the World Club Challenge. I am a Leeds Rhinos fan for one night only. What a scrap early on. Jamie Peacock knows how to dish out the punches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manly were far too good for us, fair play. We stuck at it well but had the feeling they coulda scored at will if needed.

I fear Wire will get their 1st win next week as that will have took a lot out of us.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Leeds well beaten, no matter what the scoreboard says. How often have we seen the Australians do this to British sides? 30 or 40 minutes of tough, head-to-head play, then suddenly the dam bursts and it's all over in a flash.
  • dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheila_p wrote: »
    Did they cost you a wager?

My heart is in my boots, they are my team :cry:

They are my team as well. I've never been so depressed following them in the 20 odd years I have done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew that Manly would do the business they were red hot against qunis last week.
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    See Tony Smith has taken over at Warrington with James Lowes as first team coach
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he will give the team a shake up, we might have seen the last of lee Briers.
  • sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how long Lee Briers and one or two others last, now.
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    The last time I saw Lee Briers was outside a pub in Marylebone on Challenge Cup day a couple of years ago.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonypennys wrote: »
    See Tony Smith has taken over at Warrington with James Lowes as first team coach

Not surprised James Lowes has been demoted. It's really no good sitting there in the stands looking anguished when things go wrong, as he did all game last week. You've got to at least try to project an air of calm and authority. And keep talking into the phone, even if you are just ordering an after-game pizza for the team.
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Great game tonight between Saints and Leeds , no love lost between Bailey and Graham . Didnt think the shoulder hit was a bad hit , but it spiced things up . Bailey ripping Robys shirt off lol and calling to Graham which you could hear over the refs mic F... off you fat c... :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the hit from Bailey on Fa'Asavalu was incredible. Possibly the two biggest men in SL. Great game, the fact that both sides don't get on added spice. Was suprised that Jamie Peacock didn't lose it
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like something awful may have happened in the academy game before the Wakefield/Celtic game.

A player has been airlifted away, and it's caused the first team game to be caled off at very short notice. There is no definite news as yet. I hope it's not as bad as people are fearing.
  • WoddyWoddy Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Sounds like something awful may have happened in the academy game before the Wakefield/Celtic game.

A player has been airlifted away, and it's caused the first team game to be caled off at very short notice. There is no definite news as yet. I hope it's not as bad as people are fearing.

Just saw the SSN Ticker, does that mean that the Academy game was played on the same pitch before the 1st team game?

I'm afraid it does look like something very serious :( (hopefully not )
  • bamberbamber Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

according to one rugby league journalist, the lad had a heart attack and was rushed to hospital, but could not be saved.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Leon Walker was the guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news. I think it was right to postpone the match; there are sometimes more important things than sport. I am sure the whole rugby league community echoes my sentiments when I send my condolences to Leon Walker's family.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Mr Walker, and my condolences go out to his family and friends, and without a shadow of a doubt it was the right thing to cancel the match. Rugby League, and sport in general comes as an afterthought in a situation like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another tragedy to hit Wakefield Trinity who have had a torrid few months of it. Let's hope this is the end of it.

Rugby League always looks after its own so i am sure there will be some nice tribute.

Deepest sympathies to all family and friends
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Tragic news, the kid was only 21... no age at all.

Deepest condolences to the family, friends and the club.

RIP.