Sick Eastenders Storyline has put a damper on millions of peoples new years eve!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
Forum Member
I can imagine the millions of viewers who watched tonights show feel quite sad watching tonights EE when it should be a night to enjoy...and its not your normal "someone has been murdered/killed storyline" ..Its actually quite a sick storyline and has potrayed Ronnie as a sick and in someways heartless lady to steal another womans baby and get away with it.!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol that wasn't heartwrenching at all. I'm still going out tonight to get drunk FK YEAH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    She's not actually gotten away with it yet. Doubt it's ruined everybody's NYE.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say that tonight's ep did depress the hell out of me but a soap's new years eve VS my real life new years eve? I'll just resume my life...
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dapz321 wrote: »
    I can imagine the millions of viewers who watched tonights show feel quite sad watching tonights EE when it should be a night to enjoy...and its not your normal "someone has been murdered/killed storyline" ..Its actually quite a sick storyline and has potrayed Ronnie as a sick and in someways heartless lady to steal another womans baby and get away with it.!!

Oh for crying out loud, there has been many sad storylines before this around new year like Tiffanys death and Dennis's death ! I supposed you watched it then too and was not happy.:rolleyes: Why would this storyline dampen peoples moods tonight and keep on their mind, its a bloody soap!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People could choose not to watch it. It's been highly promoted.
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was well publicised so i'm sure those who wouldve been saddened will have not watched.
    And most who did watch will think yeah its a upsetting event, but its also fiction so will still enjoy NYE
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    I doubt it, think of that Joanna women who has been murdered, do you think her family are enjoying theirselfs?

Oh a lighter note, happy new year everyone :D
  • Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    LOL if people are that upset by a soap storyline they need a life! everyone knew what was going to happen so don't act like you didn't.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Didn't ruin mine.
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL if people are that upset by a soap storyline they need a life! everyone knew what was going to happen so don't act like you didn't.

I agree, it sounds like the OP watched it too, and then they complain on here on how sick it was, pathetic....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    The storyline is sick because it has no closeness to reality..
    How many babies die of cot death? Plenty ...but how many mothers go out and steal their close friends baby and replace the baby with their own dead one inflicting years of pain on their friend and family? Never heard of one..

And thats whats so sick about the storyline. It portrays mothers who have gone through cot deaths in a bad light. It makes them out to be some mental case that has been so emotionally tortured and depressed that they would do anything insane to get a baby back..and THAT is the sick part about tonights show...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Didn't ruin mine.

This. Only people that the episode ruined NY for them are those thinking Ronnie is real :o someone should really let them know Ronnie Mitchell doesn't exit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    How many babies die of cot death? Plenty ...but how many mothers go out and steal their close friends baby and replace the baby with their own dead one inflicting years of pain on their friend and family? Never heard of one..

And thats whats so sick about the storyline. It portrays mothers who have gone through cot deaths in a bad light. It makes them out to be some mental case that has been so emotionally tortured and depressed that they would do anything insane to get a baby back..and THAT is the sick part about tonights show...

It has not inflicted years of pain on their friend and family though has it?
    It doesn't do that at all, because as people have already said, it is a soap. It isn't real. Everybody watching knows this.

It is also not just a cot death she's gone through, it is the 3rd child she has lost.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah but you're missing the point, James' death alone isn't enough to send Ronnie over the edge like she has done, it's the combination of all her past losses leading up to this one, and the cot death was like the final push:(
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ronnie has been shown previously to suffer from mental illness, yes her baby dying was the catalyst for her to do this.
    And showing mothers who've lost a baby in a bad light? It doesnt at all. Noone will be watching thinking that

One Life To Live in America did this exact storyline with no comments like EE are getting. Woulda thought itd be the opposite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    No one knows what goes through the mind of a grieving mother who has just given birth to a baby only to lose their child through cot death...and all their close friends and family can do is grieve and support them..

I think that tonights show despite it only "being a soap" has put some ideas and thoughts into those close friends and familys minds and has got some of them thinking...."Is she really capable of stealing another baby? after all she has been grieving so badly and really wants a baby".....and probably has injected some paranoia into those friends or family that have babies themselves..

I think tonights episode has done more damage than good..and everyone who keeps trying to patronise me by saying "its only a soap"...funny that...I seem to remember Alex Ferns (who played Trevor who was abusive to little MO) received alot of flack from the public in real life for playing "an abusive husband" on a soap..
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    I think this should be the headline to one of the papers tommorow

'Millions of Viewers had their New Years Eve Ruined
    when they were told EastEnders is Just a soap and Not REAL'

some people really want to get out more
    have a few drinks and forget about what you have just seen on TV
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I intentionally didn't watch it.
  • BK.BK. Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't affected mine! Have to admit... I didn't really "enjoy" (odd word to use, but you know what I mean) the last couple of scenes. I know Ronnie was in shock and everything, understandably so, so her actions completely make sense in the context.

But her picking up the phone and dropping it when she could call 999? And trying 3/4 different houses? It's possible... but it just didn't come across as very natural to watch, in my opinion. Not that I am dissing it, I thought the scene where she found James was actually really intense and emotional. It was just her actions afterwards that I found very hard to "follow".
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    its eastenders!! everyone whos everyone knows this is the most depressing show on earth. therefore if you are easily depressed or upset, then dont watch it in the first place!
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    its eastenders!! everyone whos everyone knows this is the most depressing show on earth. therefore if you are easily depressed or upset, then dont watch it in the first place!
    Actually no
    they had quite a few lighter moments added in tonight and actually just lately infact
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it ruined anyone NYE then maybe they take the show too seriously plus I would think most people are out on NYE not bothering watching EE.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    If your looking for a jovial bit of escapist christmas and new years viewing during the holiday season, EastEnders is probably best avoided.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are annoyed because this was an eastenders storyline.

if this had happened in an ep of only fools and horses, where both Raquel and Cassandra were pregnant, and 1 of them stole the others baby - the audience would laugh their head off.

or if it happened in a film, a baby swapping scene in a film, wouldn't bother someone.

so why just because it's 'only eastenders' people get so fired up?