Options

What's for Dinner tonight? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, a while ago someone came onto this thread, never to be seen again, just to mock a typo I'd made!

Tonight is linguini with mushrooms in cream and white wine, with asparagus.
    http://www.realitalianfoodies.com/recipes/pasta-with-mushroom-white-wine-and-cream/

Yum, that sounds perfect!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,043
    Forum Member
    Something with chicken :)
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm making a spinach, potato and courgette curry with some spicy beef meatballs.
  • Options
    Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    My last dinner tonight as an unmarried woman. Not reay sure what to have - any suggestions?

Congratulations Sarah, hope you have a long and happy life together:)

Chicken curry and rice, strawberries and cream for afters, delish!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    How many carrots?

Naughty :)
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,335,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicken Korma
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Yum, that sounds perfect!
    Yes, it was lovely. Quite rich but not too rich.

Celebrating end of OH's brain radiotherapy. Everything seems to have gone well. We have to wait six to eight weeks for a scan and then a week for the results so will have some respite from immediate worry, unless anything happens, until that is looming over the horizon.

So we're having a takeaway from our favourite Chinese, after a few drinks in the sun. Starting with bean curd satay (which they do really, really well), then braised vegetables, soft noodles, egg fried rice and bean curd in black bean sauce. OH will probably share that, plus something with chicken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Lasagne and chips :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oops, got no chips, so will have potato wedges lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, it was lovely. Quite rich but not too rich.

Celebrating end of OH's brain radiotherapy. Everything seems to have gone well. We have to wait six to eight weeks for a scan and then a week for the results so will have some respite from immediate worry, unless anything happens, until that is looming over the horizon.

So we're having a takeaway from our favourite Chinese, after a few drinks in the sun. Starting with bean curd satay (which they do really, really well), then braised vegetables, soft noodles, egg fried rice and bean curd in black bean sauce. OH will probably share that, plus something with chicken.

That does sound very positive about your oh, enjoy the respite x

I think next time I have a Chinese I'll have a veggie option, I do tend to leave the meat,
    apart from their pancake rolls, they are so tasty!

Tonight, having orangemaids fave, lasagne, I got chips and garlic bread with it,carb overload, will line the stomach for a few drinkies later:-)
  • Options
    MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 377,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 veggie sausages, chips, coleslaw, houmous and salad.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    oops, got no chips, so will have potato wedges lol

How did you allow that to happen!! :D

Tonight I'm just about to start making Southern Fried Chicken with chips. I do have some, just checked. ;-)
    Cooking fried chicken with a couple of cans of Stella, listening to Magic Soul on the radio and then some wine when dinner's ready. Perfect Saturday night.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A mixture of flavours. Chicken with ratatouille and spinach with cajun spice, fresh mint & corriander and cream.

Yes, i'm clearing the fridge out.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,517
    Forum Member
    Quorn chicken vindaloo which was gorgeous if I say so myself!

I hand blended the onions, garlic and ginger which made all the difference. Also added some mustard seeds which gave it real depth of flavour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went out for sushi. Soooooo good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went out for sushi. Soooooo good!

Do you have a night off tonight from being a bouncert or
    are you off later?
    Never tried sushi, like my fish battered and deep fried:p
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,335,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roast chicken
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a night off tonight from being a bouncert or
    are you off later?
    Never tried sushi, like my fish battered and deep fried:p

I rarely do the doors nowadays too much hassle, not enough money, non guaranteed hours and no benefits such as pension provisions or holiday leave. I work full-time in a CCTV control room now, with a couple of other part time jobs. I will only do the odd bit of doorwork on nights like NYE where it's triple time and you can earn good tips. Sushi is my favourite food ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That does sound very positive about your oh, enjoy the respite x

I think next time I have a Chinese I'll have a veggie option, I do tend to leave the meat,
    apart from their pancake rolls, they are so tasty!

Tonight, having orangemaids fave, lasagne, I got chips and garlic bread with it,carb overload, will line the stomach for a few drinkies later:-)
    Thank you! I appreciate that!

The takeaway was lovely, really tasty and we had a great evening. Yes, I love pancake rolls, too!

I like vegetarian sushi, too, when I can find it, which isn't too often. It tastes like nothing else. I love the pickled ginger.

Tonight is a bake of mushrooms, pepper, courgette and leeks in a tomato and chilli sauce, with a topping of sliced potatoes, topped with cheese sauce and finished off with some cheddar on top, with a salad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quorn chicken vindaloo which was gorgeous if I say so myself!

I hand blended the onions, garlic and ginger which made all the difference. Also added some mustard seeds which gave it real depth of flavour.
    I'll have to try that. Sounds good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cauliflower cheese with fish and veg..need to go food shopping , freezer getting low lol
  • Options
    chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beef stew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely do the doors nowadays too much hassle, not enough money, non guaranteed hours and no benefits such as pension provisions or holiday leave. I work full-time in a CCTV control room now, with a couple of other part time jobs. I will only do the odd bit of doorwork on nights like NYE where it's triple time and you can earn good tips. Sushi is my favourite food ever.

A friend of mine used to work the doors, she said the most troublesome were the women!
    She gave it up,too little money for abuse hurled at her.

As a sushi virgin, what would you recommend?

Scrambled eggs and beans on toast later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine used to work the doors, she said the most troublesome were the women!
    She gave it up,too little money for abuse hurled at her.

As a sushi virgin, what would you recommend?

Scrambled eggs and beans on toast later.

I agree. I did the doors nearly full-time for 8 years in total and was hit by more women than I was men. IME they would also be quicker to use a weapon like a glass or stiletto heal, whereas a man would tend to use his fists.

If you haven't tried it before, I'd start off with something simple like tuna or salmon maki/nigiri rolls, before trying something more adventurous. It does cost a lot though if you have a big appetite like myself, so I am thinking I will start to make my own.

Anyway for later I got some half price chicken fillet strips yesterday, so I think i'll make some spicy chicken goujons and have that with some veggies and oven chips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I did the doors nearly full-time for 8 years in total and was hit by more women than I was men. IME they would also be quicker to use a weapon like a glass or stiletto heal, whereas a man would tend to use his fists.

If you haven't tried it before, I'd start off with something simple like tuna or salmon maki/nigiri rolls, before trying something more adventurous. It does cost a lot though if you have a big appetite like myself, so I am thinking I will start to make my own.

Anyway for later I got some half price chicken fillet strips yesterday, so I think i'll make some spicy chicken goujons and have that with some veggies and oven chips.

Thanks for that, I see tesco do 'tasters' I might try a couple for lunch next week.
This discussion has been closed.