Options

800 more jihadists

warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Around 800 jihadists have returned to Europe to launch attacks after being trained by extremists in Iraq and Syria, intelligence services have warned.

Counter-terrorism officers said the fanatics had been recruited by the Islamic State or Al Qaeda-linked groups and were waiting for the order to strike on the Continent.

Around half of the 700 Britons who have travelled to fight in the Middle East have also returned, with some believed to be planning attacks in the UK.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/uk-intelligence-services-800-devout-muslims-are-ready-to-launch-attacks-in-europe-after-returning-from-iraq-and-syria/

Comments

• Options
    Forever ChangesForever Changes Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many 7/7s it will take before the donkeys in charge take real action rather than hot air and empty soundbites
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many 7/7s it will take before the donkeys in charge take real action rather than hot air and empty soundbites

Like?
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Shouldn;t this be in the Paranoia Forum?
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Shouldn;t this be in the Paranoia Forum?

Nope, it should be Dhimmi forums :D
  • Options
    Jim NashJim Nash Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like?

Closing mosques; eradicating Islam from a country in which neither it nor its adherents have any place; reminding David Cameron that Islam is not "a religion of peace".

Etc.
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, unbiased source you've got there.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there's thousands of Muslims who fantasize about blowing up the UK and all of Europe but hardly any with the guts and means to go through with any sort of attack.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    Good, unbiased source you've got there.

Does that mean you have evidence it's wrong?
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Does that mean you have evidence it's wrong?

Seeing as the website has zero evidence, it's not really up to people to prove it wrong.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like?

Controlling immigration on the basis of each and every individual.

Deporting all illegals.

The cessation of pandering to religions inclusive of, but not necessarily limited to, the absolute freedom to criticise and ridicule any religion or any belief.

The equal balance of application of the existing hate speech laws on published material or their removal.

The right to profile on any grounds a suspected terrorist.

I am sure I can come up with more but I thought they were reasonable starters
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
  • Options
    samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Nash wrote: »
    Closing mosques; eradicating Islam from a country in which neither it nor its adherents have any place; reminding David Cameron that Islam is not "a religion of peace".

Etc.

So basically becoming anti-islam is what you are saying?

Because of some bad eggs...everybody should be tarnished with the same brush.
    What a nice human being you are...
  • Options
    DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because of some bad eggs....

Security forces believe it to be 20-25% of this peaceful religion are radicalised or sympathetic to the daesh, hardly a few bad eggs.
  • Options
    Jim NashJim Nash Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically becoming anti-islam is what you are saying?

Because of some bad eggs...everybody should be tarnished with the same brush. Bla bla, personal insults, blablabla

I don't need to become anti-Islam.

Yes, you need to respond to the lowest common denominator. If the Yanks could somehow learn that, they'd ban guns and save lives. Ditto Islam here.
  • Options
    AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member

If the "real action" involves removing things which make us a democratic and free country then that change should never happen, no matter how many 7/7's happen or how many people die, because it's not worth preventing a terror attack if that's what it costs.

I don't like the anti Muslim sentiment that always seems to rear it's ugly head on discussions of terrorism. There are always people out there who are willing to blow up innocents and they'll always come up with a twisted justification for why the victims deserve it. It's not a particular religion, but we want to be careful that we don't turn it into one with a self fulfilling prophecy; We fear terrorism from Muslims, and drive them out of the country. The country then gets attacked by groups of Muslims who see themselves as acting in self defence because the British started persecuting innocent Muslims as punishment for what the bad Muslims did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Controlling immigration on the basis of each and every individual.

Deporting all illegals.

The cessation of pandering to religions inclusive of, but not necessarily limited to, the absolute freedom to criticise and ridicule any religion or any belief.

The equal balance of application of the existing hate speech laws on published material or their removal.

The right to profile on any grounds a suspected terrorist.

I am sure I can come up with more but I thought they were reasonable starters

Of course you could - why didn't you just post a link to the BNP's immigration policies, who you have in the past said you support?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course you could - why didn't you just post a link to the BNP's immigration policies, who you have in the past said you support?

Do you have any of your own ideas about immigration, do you think all should be welcome or are you once again arguing a case merely because immigrants are a minority, you know, your usual stance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allaorta wrote: »
    Do you have any of your own ideas about immigration, do you think all should be welcome or are you once again arguing a case merely because immigrants are a minority, you know, your usual stance.

Of course I have my own views!

I believe in the withdrawal of the UK from the EU.

Last year the majority of people coming in to the country were economic migrants from the rest of the EU - we must differentiate between economic migrants and asylum seekers.

We should prioritize the latter, and people from Commonwealth and other ex-Empire countries, and roughly go back to pre-2004 immigration rules prior to the introduction of the EU free movement of labour directive.

It is essential we leave the EU.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Jim Nash wrote: »

Etc.

why would you want to close mosques ? The majority of Muslims seem to be law abiding in this country . Yes there are a large number who also seem to hate Britain and the evil west but closing down mosques will achieve nothing . There are other means to address them i.e new laws and the enforcement of the law.
    Closing down legitimate places of worship would go against all that Britain stands for . I would prefer to live in a liberal democracy where freedom to practice whatever your religion is sacroscant
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe in the withdrawal of the UK from the UK.

And who can disagree with that? :p

But why do you want to all but irradicate EU immigration?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MartinP wrote: »
    And who can disagree with that? :p

But why do you want to all but irradicate EU immigration?

:D

Ooops! Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out!

I don't believe in the complete free movement of capital and labour in the EU. It is a tool for Big Business to maximise profit and drive down wages.

(PS. "Eradicate" - my go!)
  • Options
    Peter_BlondePeter_Blonde Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    The UK still pretending only 700 muslims left the UK to fight for ISIS? Oh dear..
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :I don't believe in the complete free movement of capital and labour in the EU. It is a tool for Big Business to maximise profit and drive down wages.

But it is good for people to be able to move around and improve their lot. There are plenty of people from southern and eastern Europe who have a much higher standard of living here than they would have had at home.
    (PS. "Eradicate" - my go!)

That will teach me to mess around with my phone in a boring meeting. The first word that was auto-filled was "irradiate" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Last year the majority of people coming in to the country were economic migrants from the rest of the EU - we must differentiate between economic migrants and asylum seekers.

We should prioritize the latter, and people from Commonwealth and other ex-Empire countries, and roughly go back to pre-2004 immigration rules prior to the introduction of the EU free movement of labour directive.

Withdrawal from the EU wouldn't stop migration, it would merely mean it could be more controlled....if we had the political will.

You can't tell the difference between immigrants and asylum seekers, neither will you accept there are large numbers of asylum seekers who only graduate to that status when they're caught as illegal immigrants.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is one point we agree on. Your solution to illegals and religion would be interesting. I think we already agree on the religion as you did not dispute the points.