Options

Anyone not a fan of Call of Duty online?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
I don;t see why this is so popular online at all tbh. The only COD I enjoyed online was COD4. COD W@W was all about zombie mode for me, COD MW2 was just complete fail and I'm finding BO much fun online. Although I do enjoy single player very much I just can't get on with online I find it quite boring and I think there are better online games out there. As I've finished the campaign I'm thinking about selling the game while its still worth something.

This is all just my opinion of course not stating it as fact or anything but just wondered if it was just me who's not really into COD online.

Comments

• Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its popular cause its easily the best online game out. Most other online games are boring perhaps cause they cant last in popularity till the next installment were most COD games do even if they do get hate.

MW2 will be forever known as a fail which to me means the game will be for ever underrated.

It handles fantastic and you love your FPS i don't know how anyone can hate the game for the single player mode at least.

COD games are worth the money in my book for the amount of play time online and other things you can do on them.

but each to there own my mate plays fifa online day in day out i dont see the appeal.
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I don;t see why this is so popular online at all tbh. The only COD I enjoyed online was COD4. COD W@W was all about zombie mode for me, COD MW2 was just complete fail and I'm finding BO much fun online. Although I do enjoy single player very much I just can't get on with online I find it quite boring and I think there are better online games out there. As I've finished the campaign I'm thinking about selling the game while its still worth something.

This is all just my opinion of course not stating it as fact or anything but just wondered if it was just me who's not really into COD online.

The bit in bold is contradicting yourself isn't it?:confused:
    I personally love COD when I'm playing with a good crowd. When I'm not it does my head in- I do not enjoy on my own.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a long history of online gaming on the PC, so I didn't see what all the fuss was about when COD4 came out. I've played all of the recent CODs (MW to Black Ops) and they still aren't as great as the likes of UT99, UT2004 or Counter Strike: Source.

I did enjoy COD4 on PC more than on PS3 though, mainly due to dedicated servers and hectic 64 player games, but I would prefer to play CS:S over any COD game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So other than COD4 online and COD:BO online, you're not a fan of COD online? :confused:;):p

I've enjoyed each one I've bought but I do get bored of them quite quickly. They all tend to be a bit samey...that said, I do come back to them after a few months of not playing..
  • Options
    WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    COD is only good online when the people in your lobby make it good.
    Those who take it way to seriously annoy me to death, those who say they will do things to your mother puzzle me and people who call other players sh1t annoy me. (along with annoying 12 year olds screaming).
    When you get either mates or a good lobby who want to have abit of fun, COD can not be beaten and is easily the best arcade FPS, it also adds a bit of challenge that some people cant handle.

Killzone is a better all-round experience though imo and i can not wait for february
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Shockingly bad imo, camping is far worse then MW2 because the map design promotes camping. I've being playing this tonight and didn't like it one bit. The guns are weak, the maps are crowded with camping spots, seem to spend more time running around and having less fun. Really bad effort by treyarch.

MW2 has its problems, but a good game on mw2 is better then any experience I've had on black ops so far.
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    I am a fan of COD online. I'm pretty decent at it which helps and I don't get mad when things don't go my way. I only played COD4 for a couple of months before WaW came out and the latter is still my favourite to play online.

I haven't even looked at the campaign for Black Ops yet, but zombies is really fun. Dead Ops is amazing fun with 4 friends.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of anything on-line. I don't want to play random strangers, I want to play at home on my own, or at worst occasionally against my brother.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed MW even though I am sh*te at the CoD games.

I'm the guy who always comes last in the leaderboards, the one with the 1:18 k/d ratio.
  • Options
    jarwynjarwyn Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of anything on-line. I don't want to play random strangers, I want to play at home on my own, or at worst occasionally against my brother.

Regards

Mark

Yep, I'd agree with that. Don't like online gaming ... but unfortunately it seems that more and more of the big blockbuster games are edging their content more that way. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bit in bold is contradicting yourself isn't it?:confused:
    I personally love COD when I'm playing with a good crowd. When I'm not it does my head in- I do not enjoy on my own.

No sorry I meant to say im not finding it much fun online. My mistake I should read my posts lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No sorry I meant to say im not finding it much fun online. My mistake I should read my posts lol

It doesn't matter I'm always making stupid mistakes like that;)

Back to COD like I said before it depends who you're playing with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't matter I'm always making stupid mistakes like that;)

Back to COD like I said before it depends who you're playing with.

I think its just me getting killed from behind a lot as I'm deaf so obviously can't hear when people are running up behind me. I think thats why I prefered Killzone 2 as well cos hardly anyone would be behind me so I'd find it more fun to play. Doesn't bother me if I'm shit at games just gets a bit annoying constantly dying from being shot from behind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think its just me getting killed from behind a lot as I'm deaf so obviously can't hear when people are running up behind me. I think thats why I prefered Killzone 2 as well cos hardly anyone would be behind me so I'd find it more fun to play. Doesn't bother me if I'm shit at games just gets a bit annoying constantly dying from being shot from behind.

I hate people killing me from behind, I don't mind being killed but when it comes from behind it really aggrevates me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate people killing me from behind, I don't mind being killed but when it comes from behind it really aggrevates me.

If I'm having a shoot out with someone in front of me and he gets me first then I'm fine with that (unless its hit detection :mad:) but to constantly be killed from behind is really frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I'm having a shoot out with someone in front of me and he gets me first then I'm fine with that (unless its hit detection :mad:) but to constantly be killed from behind is really frustrating.

What I find frustrating is when you die then you watch the killcam and he's right in front of me

I go blind when call of duty is being played- unless I'm watching someone then I see everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha I know when I watch my brother play I notice everyone and everything when I play I end up running around like a headless chicken
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm generally not a fan of online, because unfortunately the majority of people who play it are either pricks, idiots or both.

That's not aimed at anyone on DS btw, as I played a few games of MW2 online with DSers and enjoyed it very much. It just unfortunate that proper gamers like us are in the minority :(
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first COD game I played was MW2. I played it online twice...both times, I got absolutely slaughtered.

Being a novice, there was no way I could possibly compete and gain experience fairly against players who'd probably played COD4 and COD5 online for hours each day and knew every trick in the book. Every time I stepped out into the open, I was killed.

I haven't played online since January and have no intention of doing so again. I don't have a chance.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    The first COD game I played was MW2. I played it online twice...both times, I got absolutely slaughtered.

Being a novice, there was no way I could possibly compete and gain experience fairly against players who'd probably played COD4 and COD5 online for hours each day and knew every trick in the book. Every time I stepped out into the open, I was killed.

I haven't played online since January and have no intention of doing so again. I don't have a chance.:(

Mate I was the same! After my first 12 hours of gameplay I think I had a k/d ratio of like 0.6 at best. I eventually managed to pull it back to between 0.99/1, but can't go any further than that haha!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont bother about my K/D ratio to be honest. I play S&D, CTF and now Sabotage games where just by their very nature you are going to get shot to pieces. I mean you basically have a huge target over your head saying "I'm here" but its interesting seeing it anyway for each game on Blops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the way I play the game means I struggle to stay in positive figures. Very often I will be in the Top 3-5 for kills but also have a huge number of deaths! It's just the way I play, I like to go sprinting around like a maniac searching for people to shoot, rather than steadily progressing like the best players do.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    The only one i play is World At War and i only use it for the Zombie mode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one i play is World At War and i only use it for the Zombie mode.

I have put a ridiculous number of hours into zombie mode offline with my mate, but simply cannot connect online. Anyone know why?
  • Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I have put a ridiculous number of hours into zombie mode offline with my mate, but simply cannot connect online. Anyone know why?

With zero information you have provided there is no way anyone could even guess at why you cannot play on-line.