All-star cast announced on July 27th

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes this will be an interesting part, to see the final pairings. Not so sure about Apollo and Anna, the jury's out on that one. I have heard Chelsie's name thrown into the hat with Apollo, that may be, too obvious a choice, comparing her to Julianne. We could speculate endlessly:) quite enjoying that.

Height will have to play some part with the pairings, how tall is Peta, she has fewer choices than the other female pros, I would guess, as some of the male celebs are a bit shorter in stature?

Bristol and Mark please no:eek::eek::eek: I honestly have a low threshold of tolerance, where she is concerned.

I can't comment on Kelly, Emmitt or Drew as I haven't watched them. I only got hooked on the series when Julianne and Apollo were paired, so I have no idea of the former celebs' abilities or personalities.

I'm hoping Kelly is a runner, if she is paired with Tristan, he deserves a fair crack in this series?

I'm quite interested in the Pammy and Val pairing or I had heard her name linked with Tristan, either male pro would be entertaining;) She may liven Val up a bit:eek::):)

Like Kym, Peta is 5'7" - I think Emmitt is 5'9? - Gilles is even taller though he said he would only dance with Cheryl. Joey is taller as well.

Deena Katz (Sr. Talent Producer who does the casting, subject to Conrad Green's tweaks) once said it's all about height first and foremost.

I didn't start watching until Season 6 so I've seen less of the show than you have, though I caught a lot of the dances on YouTube. Few of Kelly's, though, and I'm curious why you like Kelly. When Tom interviewed her in the ballroom circa Season 9, I (and others) thought she looked weaned on a pickle. And she seemed very ungracious to Alec, who she called the Iceman (true or not it's unwise to say so on national TV). I'm afraid my first impression of her has left an indelible mark. But I'm open to other opinions!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I would like to see each pairing to be different to who they were originally paired with just to make it fairer

I know the Kelly and Derek rumor is circulating but that seems unlikely to me unless Kelly has continued dancing since Derek always gets paired with one of the best. I'd say a Derek and Shawn pairing is likely or failing that, he will be with Melissa.

I think Kirstie and Val will get paired together just to see how she gets on with the other brother ;) especially since her and Maks are so close. I reckon Pamela could be quite an interesting match for Maks :)
    Forum Member
    For all it's worth these are my predictions. Based a little bit on rumors but mainly on who I think would work well together :)

Apolo & Anna
    Helio & Karina
    Drew & Chelsie
    Emmitt & Kym
    Gilles & Peta
    Joey & Cheryl

Kelly & Tristan
    Kirstie & Val
    Melissa & Mark
    Pamela & Maks
    Shawn & Derek
    Bristol & Tony
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Like Kym, Peta is 5'7" - I think Emmitt is 5'9? - Gilles is even taller though he said he would only dance with Cheryl. Joey is taller as well.

Deena Katz (Sr. Talent Producer who does the casting, subject to Conrad Green's tweaks) once said it's all about height first and foremost.

I didn't start watching until Season 6 so I've seen less of the show than you have, though I caught a lot of the dances on YouTube. Few of Kelly's, though, and I'm curious why you like Kelly. When Tom interviewed her in the ballroom circa Season 9, I (and others) thought she looked weaned on a pickle. And she seemed very ungracious to Alec, who she called the Iceman (true or not it's unwise to say so on national TV). I'm afraid my first impression of her has left an indelible mark. But I'm open to other opinions!

BIB I said I don't know anything about Kelly, as haven't seen her dance, so haven't formed any opinion. That was why I was asking if she was any good (a runner)? From your description of her she seems a tad acerbic in her opinion of Alec perhaps they didn't get on? What series was she a contestant?

What does 'she looked weaned on a pickle' mean, is that similar to a sourpuss?
    Forum Member
    Kelly was on the first season :) Her Latin standard was much higher than her ballroom from what I remember
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the list simply because there is no one like Cloris on it! :D
    Forum Member
    For all it's worth these are my predictions. Based a little bit on rumors but mainly on who I think would work well together :)

Apolo & Anna
    Helio & Karina
    Drew & Chelsie
    Emmitt & Kym
    Gilles & Peta
    Joey & Cheryl

Kelly & Tristan
    Kirstie & Val
    Melissa & Mark
    Pamela & Maks
    Shawn & Derek
    Bristol & Tony

Think Peta and Gilles would be smouldering together lol:D.

Is Val a bit shorter than Kirstie?

Poor Tony if he gets Bristol, would like him to get someone with more natural dance ability, but whether that would be Melissa who knows.

Pam and Maks, would be an interesting combo, would his behaviour and interactions change with her as a partner, now that I would love to see lol. Wonder if he would be more amenable in temperament if he had Pam as a partner, or if he would be more impatient with her? Watch this space:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB I said I don't know anything about Kelly, as haven't seen her dance, so haven't formed any opinion. That was why I was asking if she was any good (a runner)? From your description of her she seems a tad acerbic in her opinion of Alec perhaps they didn't get on? What series was she a contestant?

What does 'she looked weaned on a pickle' mean, is that similar to a sourpuss?

Yes, that could mean similar to a sourpuss.

Here is how Heidi of PureDWTS described her:

"Heidi: Well, my memory goes back to a time in the not too distant past when Kelly was sitting in the audience….was it during Donny’s season?? Anyway, I remember that she looked like she was being held hostage – fer instance, her contract made her be there if asked. Tom goes up to talk to her and she was pretty bitchy…my memory is a bit sketchy on it, but I remember talking to, I think, Courtney about it and we both noticed it. I seem to recall that Tom even moved away from her quickly when he realized that she was…um…unpleasant. The reason I am mentioning this is that I can’t believe she would go back to DWTS after her very obvious lack of desire to even be in the audience. Maybe she’d had an off night? Or has she become unemployed since then?? I’m not an expert on Kelly Monaco and I didn’t watch her season…but after all that, do you think she would come back and possibly get her ass handed to her by someone far more popular?? This ain’t the same show anymore, after all. "
    Forum Member
    Kelly was on the first season :) Her Latin standard was much higher than her ballroom from what I remember

Thanks, interesting to know her ability, wonder if she carried on dancing at all. That will be true of the other celebs too. Some of the celebs who have danced in Vegas have sharpened their skills, will depend if they are voted through. Should think this will impact on how well they dance, wonder how long they will have to get up to speed for the show?

This will be interesting to see, if the standards in general have improved over the series celebs who did well in earlier seasons, will they be level pegging with celebs from later series, in their dance ability. Now if they had a true All Star series we would have found out. That was one of the things I would have looked forward to seeing.
    Forum Member
    Yes, that could mean similar to a sourpuss.

Here is how Heidi of PureDWTS described her:

"Heidi: Well, my memory goes back to a time in the not too distant past when Kelly was sitting in the audience….was it during Donny’s season?? Anyway, I remember that she looked like she was being held hostage – fer instance, her contract made her be there if asked. Tom goes up to talk to her and she was pretty bitchy…my memory is a bit sketchy on it, but I remember talking to, I think, Courtney about it and we both noticed it. I seem to recall that Tom even moved away from her quickly when he realized that she was…um…unpleasant. The reason I am mentioning this is that I can’t believe she would go back to DWTS after her very obvious lack of desire to even be in the audience. Maybe she’d had an off night? Or has she become unemployed since then?? I’m not an expert on Kelly Monaco and I didn’t watch her season…but after all that, do you think she would come back and possibly get her ass handed to her by someone far more popular?? This ain’t the same show anymore, after all. "

Oh dear, not warming to her personality so far after that introduction. She sounds more like a 'bulldog chewing a wasp' than a sour puss:eek:

BIB Suppose it could work for or against re-visting DWTS territory, the thought occurred to me that past winners may be didn't want to participate again because they didn't need to prove anything or realised they may not do as well in this series. Perhaps that was why there aren't as many winners participating as I hoped.
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with the list simply because there is no one like Cloris on it! :D

Me too or Marie Osmond dressed like one of her dolls:eek: It's bad enough that Bristol is taking part! I'll shut up about her now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, not warming to her personality so far after that introduction. She sounds more like a 'bulldog chewing a wasp' than a sour puss:eek:

BIB Suppose it could work for or against re-visting DWTS territory, the thought occurred to me that past winners may be didn't want to participate again because they didn't need to prove anything or realised they may not do as well in this series. Perhaps that was why there aren't as many winners participating as I hoped.

The first season was only 6 weeks long, so Kelly didn't do nearly as many dances as subsequent winners, and she had only 5 others to compete against. Season 9 had 16 celebrities, so the winner (Donny Osmond) had to beat out 15 others. I'm not sure she's in the same league.

Season 8 (which has all 3 finalists returning), had 13 contestants and was 11 weeks long--nearly twice as long as Kelly's season.

And since Kelly's season there have been many other innovations: Marathons; group dances; team challenges; relays. I hope she's not paired with Derek (as she implied she could be) because I may not be able to stomach voting for them.

The majority of winners who didn't return couldn't: Brooke Burke, Nicole Scherzinger, Hines Ward and Donald Driver are all committed to jobs; Jennifer Grey said her body couldn't take another season. Someone said the show didn't want any winners from TOO recent a season so maybe that's why J. R. Martinez wasn't included.

The only past winners who may not have been asked (though I have no confirmation one way or the other) are Kristy Yamaguchi and Donny Osmond. Someone said Donny is busy.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I don't think Kelly is in the same league as any of the others.

I did watch her series, and IMHO, the older male TV presenter (John someone?) was completely robbed in the final - and when they did some sort of re-run of the final with just the 2 of them due to the outcry, he totally wiped the floor with her.

She could well be the first one eliminated this time round
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    I don't think Kelly is in the same league as any of the others.

I did watch her series, and IMHO, the older male TV presenter (John someone?) was completely robbed in the final - and when they did some sort of re-run of the final with just the 2 of them due to the outcry, he totally wiped the floor with her.

She could well be the first one eliminated this time round

I didn't watch that first series but I caught some of the videos on youtube and John O'Hurley was hilarious - he's an actor. I can well understand there would have been an outcry that he didn't win - the guy could have won on personality alone - what a great character he was :D I wonder why the pro Charlotte that he had such a great partnership with didn't do any other series :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzP0Zl2SExo

I was hoping he'd be in the all star line up but it seems not :( rather have him there than Kelly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too or Marie Osmond dressed like one of her dolls:eek: It's bad enough that Bristol is taking part! I'll shut up about her now.

I warmed to Bristol and could have coped with Maria, but celebs of Cloris' or Steve-O's skill level would have spoiled it for me.

I didn't watch season 10 so I've not seen Pamela dance. After watching Mýa make a mockery of the show, including Nicole put me off for a while. It's not that I don't like Nicole, but she was a Ringer with a capital R.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Kelly is going to be great. Didn't she get 13 or something for her first dance? She did improve, but I still don't think she was a good dancer.

I felt sorry for Bristol at the beginning of her season. Her repeated mantra of "I can't do this" really did my head in as the season went on. She was still saying "I'm not sexy" etc in the very last week. Why do the show in the first place if you're not prepared to try? Her inclusion and the controversy spoiled that season for me.
  • Jackster31Jackster31 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First I was quite underwhelmed with part of the list mainly the female celebs....but now after a few days, I'm getting quite excited at possible 'pair-ups'. Here are my predictions:

Male celebs
    Apollo & Cheryl --- Cheryl or Anna would make a good pairing with skaterboy, however Anna already had Evan, so can't see this happening......
    Drew & Chelsee --- Height and personally match, methinks....
    Emmit & Karina --- Can't remember Karina ever being paired with an athlete...not sure...though
    Gilles & Anna --- now that would make a matchup! Anna's my favourite female pro and with 'hot ticket' Gilles, she'll have a good shot at the MBT....***biased***
    Helio & Kym --- interesting match up...
    Joey & Peta --- last season's winner, not likely to get Gilles...

Female celebs
    Bristol & Tristan --- feel sorry for Tristan, but he's not high enough up in the hierarche to be guarenteed a better prospect...I could be wrong....
    Kelly & Val --- again a 'height thing'....
    Kirsty & Tony ---not Maks and the other 'boys' won't be able to carry the freight, I'm afraid, even Maks almost lost a limb last time out...
    Melissa & Mark --- could be she is too tall for him, but I could see this partnership work for a good few weeks in...
    Pamela & Maks---- one hot sizzling ticket....Maneater meats self proclaimed 'God's Gift'....bring on the rumba...then exit....
    Shawn & Derek --- she'll be able to cope with 'brother from another mother' Derek in stead of Mark, anyone else... I just don't see it.

So these are my predections.....I guess we'll see how ridiculous it is in a few weeks...
    Forum Member
    http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8753156

Pam wants Damian back, can't see that happening, could be awkward if he did, with Peta and Maks now being a couple.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/123757_DWTS_Hosts_Predict_the_Most_Intense_Season_Yet/
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8753156

Pam wants Damian back, can't see that happening, could be awkward if he did, with Peta and Maks now being a couple.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/123757_DWTS_Hosts_Predict_the_Most_Intense_Season_Yet/

I can't see it happening either. Damian is a sweetheart but I think she'd be better off trying with a different pro this time - with Damien I believe it was his first time and last time as a competing pro on the US show and although they did fairly well I got the feeling she may have done better with an established pro with a bigger fan base. I can see her with either Maks or Tristan :)
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Predicted Pairings, pour moi, keeping as many old couples together as possible:

Apolo & Anna
    Helio & Karina
    Drew & Peta
    Emmitt & Chelsie
    Gilles & Cheryl
    Joey & Kym

Kelly & Val
    Kirstie & Maks
    Melissa & Tony
    Pamela & Tristan
    Shawn & Derek
    Bristol & Mark (Unless Sabrina returns...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackster31 wrote: »
    First I was quite underwhelmed with part of the list mainly the female celebs....but now after a few days, I'm getting quite excited at possible 'pair-ups'. Here are my predictions:

Male celebs
    Apollo & Cheryl --- Cheryl or Anna would make a good pairing with skaterboy, however Anna already had Evan, so can't see this happening......
    Drew & Chelsee --- Height and personally match, methinks....
    Emmit & Karina --- Can't remember Karina ever being paired with an athlete...not sure...though
    Gilles & Anna --- now that would make a matchup! Anna's my favourite female pro and with 'hot ticket' Gilles, she'll have a good shot at the MBT....***biased***
    Helio & Kym --- interesting match up...
    Joey & Peta --- last season's winner, not likely to get Gilles...

Female celebs
    Bristol & Tristan --- feel sorry for Tristan, but he's not high enough up in the hierarche to be guarenteed a better prospect...I could be wrong....
    Kelly & Val --- again a 'height thing'....
    Kirsty & Tony ---not Maks and the other 'boys' won't be able to carry the freight, I'm afraid, even Maks almost lost a limb last time out...
    Melissa & Mark --- could be she is too tall for him, but I could see this partnership work for a good few weeks in...
    Pamela & Maks---- one hot sizzling ticket....Maneater meats self proclaimed 'God's Gift'....bring on the rumba...then exit....
    Shawn & Derek --- she'll be able to cope with 'brother from another mother' Derek in stead of Mark, anyone else... I just don't see it.

So these are my predections.....I guess we'll see how ridiculous it is in a few weeks...

Very interesting list!

No idea if it's true or not, but I read somewhere that Deena Katz, who does the casting, is Melissa Rycroft's manager. IF that's true, she may pair Melissa with the best pro she can.

Or maybe Conrad Green has the final say in the pairings.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a huge supporter of Shawn and Mark that Shawn without Mark will be... bleh. :(

No matter what though, I'd like Shawn to win. Maybe she'd be good with Derek or Tony.
  • Jackster31Jackster31 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I so would be bumped out if old couples would be reunited:mad:. I can't see that as being fair at all to the 'rest of the pack' who get new partners regardless and have to work on chemistry:o
    Uh uh.....mix it up I say....and let the chips fall where they may.....Should make for very interesting and (potentially) explosive prime time watch...that is if the producers don't mess it up:sleep:

***just saying***
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they can't have the original pairings then they should pair everyone with a new pro, otherwise it's just not fair.