Return of the Giant Killers: Africa's Lion Kings

FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
Forum Member
I never know where threads could be anymore.

First time seeing this. Narrator is bad and I don't like that the lions don't have names

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No weekend repeat - Too much dull sport on instead.
  • FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Oh no! Poor cubs
    Forum Member
    Her back legs were broken. One vicious fight
    Forum Member
    The black and white shots are so ridiculous
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fascinating footage ruined by an exaggerated voiceover and annoying edits.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the greatest voiceover or script. Lots of footage of failure towards the end, but I would like to have seen a bit more of the build up to the Elephant kill. Anything to make me believe it wasn't even in the slightest way contrived.

They may look violent but mainstream nature programmes are sanitised versions of the actual events. There are some excruciating examples on Youtube of extended kills where animals are effectively eaten alive and are still screaming away with a third of their bodies ripped apart.

Different situation but this, on the face of it, is quite extraordinary imo:

(Do not view if you are squeamish or likely to be disturbed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVRhRzE_AkQ
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Not the greatest voiceover or script. Lots of footage of failure towards the end, but I would like to have seen a bit more of the build up to the Elephant kill. Anything to make me believe it wasn't even in the slightest way contrived.

They may look violent but mainstream nature programmes are sanitised versions of the actual events. There are some excruciating examples on Youtube of extended kills where animals are effectively eaten alive and are still screaming away with a third of their bodies ripped apart.

Different situation but this, on the face of it, is quite extraordinary imo:

(Do not view if you are squeamish or likely to be disturbed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVRhRzE_AkQ

This is one of the reasons I don't believe in God - the sheer cruelty of nature.