Is the next season on UK TV?

nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering as we skipped a series last year?
Anyone know?

xxx

Comments

• kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    Just wondering as we skipped a series last year?
    Anyone know?

xxx

I about to ask same question. I think we skipped more than one series as Watch stopped televising it, and only brought it back because of viewer demands.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    As far as I can recall, last year Watch did not show the March series, but did show the September one. It is to be hoped they show the March one this year but we shall see.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Do Len and Bruno travel to do TWO series a year in USA DWTS, then on UK Strictly? Surprised as USA is so strong in local dance talent and history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    As far as I can recall, last year Watch did not show the March series, but did show the September one. It is to be hoped they show the March one this year but we shall see.

We did only miss the one series,I wish they'd show it now
  • bagbag1010bagbag1010 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    oh! I was very upset when Watch didn't show the spring series 2011,this is my fav programme and is rated the second best show in US after American idol and WE didn't get to see it.We still don,t have confirmation now for the new season starting in March-come on Watch do the right thing and please show it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Do Len and Bruno travel to do TWO series a year in USA DWTS, then on UK Strictly? Surprised as USA is so strong in local dance talent and history.

Yes, Len & Bruno travel to US to do both dwts series, and dance is HUGE in America, much more so than in the UK.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Yes, Len & Bruno travel to US to do both dwts series, and dance is HUGE in America, much more so than in the UK.

Thanks. Understandable if DWTS has made dance the new chic in Pasadena, with Hollywood stars now keen to look better on the dance floor. However videos of comps in Irvine always look poorly attended, and Californians come to Blackpool -- not vice versa?

DWTS would be paying a fair whack to fly Len and Bruno across the pond once a week. Cannot see BBC paying Shirley Ballas to commute in reverse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Thanks. Understandable if DWTS has made dance the new chic in Pasadena, with Hollywood stars now keen to look better on the dance floor. However videos of comps in Irvine always look poorly attended, and Californians come to Blackpool -- not vice versa?

DWTS would be paying a fair whack to fly Len and Bruno across the pond once a week. Cannot see BBC paying Shirley Ballas to commute in reverse.

It isn't dwts that has made dance the new "Chic" - it has been "CHic" for years, which is why so many of the world's best dancers go to America, not just to compete but to represent the US in all styles.

My friend who went to America to teach and to dance Pro-Am (something completely lacking in UK) goes to the various State competitions where there can be upwards of 20,000 entries!!!! Because there are so many, the events are often held in different halls, which may account for why some events look less well attended.

And again - Brit competitors do go to the US Championships (often held in Miami). If they don't get noticed it's 'cos there's not that many of them!!!! Things may be looking up though - Neil Jones is now one of the top amateur Latin dancers, thanks to his Russian (or Eastern European) partner, and we now have Joanna Leunis & Michael Malowtoski dancing for UK!! Oh the wonders of Dance Politics!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    just read on a message board on the Watch website, and its from Watch Admin, that it WILL NOT be shown this spring :cry::cry:

really annoyed.........:mad:

http://uktv.co.uk/watch/thread/threadID/46568/
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad::mad:
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wont suit Katherine's fans at all