Options

Anchos 605 concern

I got a anchos 605 wifi 4gig the other day and i turned it on without fully charging it(Me being the impatient bugger i am). It's been recharging since last night and still isn't fully recharged for me to test. What are the chances of it still working fine?

Comments

• Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    If you are recharging it via the usb lead, then it takes absolutely ages to charge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    If you are recharging it via the usb lead, then it takes absolutely ages to charge.

Yeah, especially if it is switched on.

I normally charge mine up overnight on the docking station (i have the 504) and at night if i've put a few films on it, i plug it into my PS3 to watch them all, and the battery is normally almost dead - the USB connection basically just about powers it, and it'll take about 8 hours to fully charge it from USB (on a PC or PS3 or whatever)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I have the 20gb version and have had nothing but problems with it. Invest in a mini dock to speed up the charging process, and leave it alone to do its stuff - it doesn't like being interrupted! ;)
    If - or when - you develop problems, take a look at forum.archosfans.com, and don't bank on a great deal of support from Archos itself.
    Having said all that, when it's working, it's great!