BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 42)

Comments

• Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Well, it's back to work already.

:(

Morning Eddy........never mind, there will be another bank holideee along very soon for you English peoples. :p:D
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning All :D

Morning SR :D
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy :D

Went quickly didnt it.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:)

Another wet day here by the looks of it.
    Forecast says rain till Saturday, dare not look further.:D

Don't know how i'm going to eat at work today, the canteen is shut, they have a 2 week holiday, the tuck shop may be open, not sure else boss will have to go out to get food.
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Morning all :D

Just a hello and goodbye . A very early start to Athens because Sam has an job on the other side of the city at 9.30.
    Have a good day.
    Halla, I would offer you some of my sanity but I am going to need it for MIL's impending visit....:p
    Morning arte.:)

So exciting.:D

When my MIL came for lunch Sunday, O/H spent all Saturday warning me not to upset her.
    As if I would.:D
    I always tend to say the wrong thing.
    nowahalla wrote: »
    .....gathers up remaining shreds of sanity....

sorry 'bout that:) Today we shall be mostly mall-trawling, woopeedoo, I lurve shopping:rolleyes::D and hopefully the AC man will come as the unit in mum's room packed in yesterday afternoon:rolleyes: thankfully middle child is away so I've moved her into his room for now, after patiently pointing out that, no 30 deg was not acceptable for a bedroom and no, just a fan would not be fine, and no, the AC really is not working...etc etc....

how long til gin time then....
    laters

PS beautiful kitty Gemo, interesting baking Hicky....and helloooo everyone else:)
    Morning Halla.:)

All i had in Singapore for 18 months was a fan.

You're all spoilt these days, Air Con, an expensive hobby that.
    acker wrote: »
    Morning acker.:)
    Morning halla :D

Stay strong :D

Morning acker or sweet dreams which ever applies :D

Morning/Bye Arte :D
    Morniong Flora.:)
    Morning All :D
    Morning SR.:)
    Good morning you lot.

Morning EddyBee.:)

Don't days off go quick?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone.:)

Forecast says rain till Saturday, dare not look further.:D

Don't know how i'm going to eat at work today, the canteen is shut, they have a 2 week holiday, the tuck shop may be open, not sure else boss will have to go out to get food.

Morning arte.:)

When my MIL came for lunch Sunday, O/H spent all Saturday warning me not to upset her.

Morning Hicky :D

Sun is just appearing here and its not raining which is a bonus :D

Theres a surprise :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning Everyone.

Forecast says rain till Saturday, dare not look further

Morning arte.

Morning Hicky, dull & damp here today too.

Surely not! :eek::D
    Forum Member
    Morning Hicky :D

Sun is just appearing here and its not raining which is a bonus :D

Theres a surprise :D
    A little Sun is better than none.

It's not easy to say the right thing all the time.:D
    Morning Hicky, dull & damp here today too.

Surely not! :eek::D
    Dull and Damp sounds better than constant rain.
    This is my forecast for the week.
    http://www.itv.com/daybreak/weather/granada/

Won't be wearing my tyres anyway.:D
    Will try to get them swapped back soon, don't want to chance wearing my new ones, going to put the older ones back on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Won't be wearing my tyres anyway.:D
    Will try to get them swapped back soon, don't want to chance wearing my new ones, going to put the older ones back on.

You could try some of the time though :p:D
    Forum Member
    You could try some of the time though :p:D
    I'm not very diplomatic but everyone sees and takes things a different way.
    In theory everyone should like the same food, the same clothes, the same person, the same jokes, the same colours.:D

But like eye colour, finger prints, dna we are so different that in itself it is a miracle, so that said, it stands to reason that i am going to upset a proportion of the population whatever i say.:D

It's just a bigger proportion than some people.

Anyway, got a quarter of a million Order this Morning.
    Got so much work on.
    Hope it doesn't keep me off the web for more than a few minutes though.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Won't be wearing my tyres anyway
    .:D
    It's chucking it down now! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't you be better wearing clothes rather than tyres? :p

I thought you had said there wasn't enough tread on your old ones. :p
    Forum Member
    Just so you can get an understanding of why we are getting this chilly weather.

http://www.itv.com/daybreak/weather/cold-snap-ahead/

It's going to be a very bad week, worse for some.
    Forum Member
    It's chucking it down now! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't you be better wearing clothes rather than tyres? :p

I thought you had said there wasn't enough tread on your old ones. :p
    I didn't want to use my old tyres for the winter as i think you should have at least 50% of tread, but they are ok for summer and want to keep the new ones for next winter, it's usually between early November till mid or end of April depending on where in the country you live.
    I think it costs £10 a tyre to change back and rebalance.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone :)
    I didn't want to use my old tyres for the winter as i think you should have at least 50% of tread, but they are ok for summer and want to keep the new ones for next winter, it's usually between early November till mid or end of April depending on where in the country you live.
    I think it costs £10 a tyre to change back and rebalance.

Why does it need to be 50% on the tyres? Isn't whatever it needs for the MOT enough?
    Whatever you do, don't go back to that garage that put new winter tyres on for you and didn't bother to tell you that you already had perfectly good ones on.

I am flinging myself around wailing like Hamlet today because i have ANOTHER BLOODY COLD.:mad::mad::mad:
    I feel like locking myself in a cave and never coming out.
    Forum Member
    Just so you can get an understanding of why we are getting this chilly weather.

http://www.itv.com/daybreak/weather/cold-snap-ahead/

It's going to be a very bad week, worse for some.

Yaay. Maybe snow :cool:
    Forum Member

Why does it need to be 50% on the tyres? Isn't whatever it needs for the MOT enough?
    Whatever you do, don't go back to that garage that put new winter tyres on for you and didn't bother to tell you that you already had perfectly good ones on.

I am flinging myself around wailing like Hamlet today because i have ANOTHER BLOODY COLD.:mad::mad::mad:
    The MOT tyre tread depth for a pass isn't what i would have for winter driving, the pass depth is pretty grim as far as i am concerned and have never had tyres that went anywhere near the limit.

The ones i took off will be fine for the summer, i can just get 4 tyres in the back if i drop the back seats right down, didn't realise how big they are till i had to carry them and get them in the car.
    Forum Member
    Chantelle showing her baby bump, but she is worried as she has a heart condition.
    This could be risky.

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/ent4034.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not very diplomatic but everyone sees and takes things a different way.
    In theory everyone should like the same food, the same clothes, the same person, the same jokes, the same colours.:D

But like eye colour, finger prints, dna we are so different that in itself it is a miracle, so that said, it stands to reason that i am going to upset a proportion of the population whatever i say.:D

It's just a bigger proportion than some people.

Got so much work on.
    Hope it doesn't keep me off the web for more than a few minutes though.:D

:D:D:D

Morning honey :D

I cant remember the last time I had a cold, although its no consolation to you I know :D Hope you get over it quickly.
    Forum Member
    Chantelle showing her baby bump, but she is worried as she has a heart condition.
    This could be risky.

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/ent4034.html
    It is not uncommon and i'm afraid i take all her pregnancy news with a pinch of salt after the infertility nonsense (which incidentally has played out exactly as predicted)
    I wish the family well and i expect she will be just fine. Not long for them to wait now. :)
    :D:D:D

I cant remember the last time I had a cold, although its no consolation to you I know :D Hope you get over it quickly.

Thanks. Usually six or eight weeks. I am livid because i got it from someone who came to a meeting where 80% of the people had a compromised immune system and waved filthy tissues around complaining about how ill (cough cough) he was.
    Oh well. There are only a couple of thousand varieties of colds and i must be close to having had them all :D

Hicky, Stacey Solomon was on daybreak or whatever the itv show is called earlier. You might want to find it later.
    I don't know what she was talking about because i was distracted by her lovely new Mr Ed teeth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not uncommon and i'm afraid i take all her pregnancy news with a pinch of salt after the infertility nonsense (which incidentally has played out exactly as predicted)
    I wish the family well and i expect she will be just fine. Not long for them to wait now. :)

Thanks. Usually six or eight weeks. I am livid because i got it from someone who came to a meeting where 80% of the people had a compromised immune system and waved filthy tissues around complaining about how ill (cough cough) he was.
    Oh well. There are only a couple of thousand varieties of colds and i must be close to having had them all :D

Hicky, Stacey Solomon was on daybreak or whatever the itv show is called earlier. You might want to find it later.
    I don't know what she was talking about because i was distracted by her lovely new Mr Ed teeth.

Some people have no idea do they, they are full of mememe and bugger everyone else.
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening Islay :D

Yes it has kept him out of trouble today at least :D

Its been really damp and rainy here for the last couple of days so no chance to do the fence yet, no rush though, you know me dont do today what you can put off until tomorrow :D
    It seems to be setting up for a nice day here, but it is still damp in the air for painting.
    You are quite right. It takes effort, including putting yourself in somebody else's shoes instead of trying to force your shoes onto them, and not lecturing them about things they already know.
    Got so much work on.
    that's good, to have something that makes you feel you are doing something worthwhile.

Good morning all.

I have watched so much Match of the Day this weekend that I can't tell my corners from my goal kicks. Where IS Balders?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    It seems to be setting up for a nice day here, but it is still damp in the air for painting.

You are quite right. It takes effort, including putting yourself in somebody else's shoes instead of trying to force your shoes onto them, and not lecturing them about things they already know.

that's good, to have something that makes you feel you are doing something worthwhile.

Good morning all.

I have watched so much Match of the Day this weekend that I can't tell my corners from my goal kicks. Where IS Balders?

Morning Litts :D

Its very promising here, sun is shining and quite warm at the moment but dont know if it will last, putting the fence painting on hold ftb :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    morning chaps

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhh

that is all, thank you...:)
    .....gathers up remaining shreds of sanity....

sorry 'bout that:) Today we shall be mostly mall-trawling, woopeedoo, I lurve shopping and hopefully the AC man will come as the unit in mum's room packed in yesterday afternoon:rolleyes: thankfully middle child is away so I've moved her into his room for now, after patiently pointing out that, no 30 deg was not acceptable for a bedroom and no, just a fan would not be fine, and no, the AC really is not working...etc etc....

how long til gin time then....
    laters

PS beautiful kitty Gemo, interesting baking Hicky....and helloooo everyone else:)

Best to stay in the malls with AC than sweat at home! I guess your mum's bug is better????

Is she having a nice time, in general:D

I had 2 colds very close together and touch wood, so far, that's it. I know people who've had some sort of respiratory tract unpleasantness for weeks and weeks, we're blaming the weather.

Good morning all.

How true! I wondered about Balders too???
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon all:)
    hiya Jojo, 'tis just the AC in mum's room that doesn't work so I've moved her into my son's room for now, the AC men have been but they need to order a new part so it'll be a couple of days....
    Mall was ok, we went to the blingy 'spensive one and I drooled over the lamborghini showroom on the second floor, mum's appetite miraculously restored by the prospect of fish and chips...having feebly refused Thai, Vietnamese & Japanese on the grounds of "not feeling up to eating" - also managed ice-cream afterwards.
    Tomorrow we are off to the temple of fakery, to buy handbags:rolleyes: she doesn't want to do any of the tourist tours, 'cos it's too hot but is sitting outside now by the pool, with no sunscreen on....bangs head on desk... - she also loudly refused the salad with the fish'n'chips on the grounds that it might be full of dirty bugs, way to go to endear yourself to the waitress....didn't bother pointing out that the icecubes in her drink were more likely to be a problem....heyho, two weeks to go.....
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    News from the hospital. Although she has recommended me for another procedure, she found only benign thingies. But the bigger news is the first sentence of her diagnosis
    "I saw this pleasant lady..." :o
    Forum Member
    News from the hospital. Although she has recommended me for another procedure, she found only benign thingies. But the bigger news is the first sentence of her diagnosis
    "I saw this pleasant lady..." :o

Are you sure she didn't say "peasant"? :p
    Forum Member
    :D: D: D

It's awful when you memory starts to go.:D

I don't think any of what was said was made up, she isn't like that is she?

She will be worried sick and has my full sympathy as i'm sure it must be a worrying time for any mother to be.

I'll find the broadcast and listen to it.

Good morning all.

Good afternoon Littsis.:)

It's a bad habit of mine, and i'm so used to having to explain to everyone what to do and how to do it and if someone had done that to me when i was young i wouldn't have made so many mistakes.

It's not always easy to tell if the pother person already knows how to do something, a refresher never hurt anyone, unless they are on DS.:D
    "I saw this pleasant lady..."
    :o
    Thats a load off your mind anyway.

She knew you'd read it.:D
This discussion has been closed.