Options

pace 810/or any other hd sat rec.

has anyone got a pace 810 receiver also
what boxes are people using for

sky 28" tests
premiere
any others

sorry if this has been asked before but i did check and could not find the info i wanted

steve

also where did you get your pace 810 from

Comments

• Options
    bayardsbayards Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pace, Humax and Philips will have boxes for Germany - and their Premiere service starts a full HD launch any day now after the soft launch.

Problem is the 3 manufacturers above still haven't got any boxes in German shops. I've had one on order since September - and the date just keeps slipping.

H
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    on german sat forums they say Humax and Pace are now available, so as in german online satshops
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I have the 810 i can get the sky hd tests, i also have premiere on 19.2 east
    has anyone got a pace 810 receiver also
    what boxes are people using for

sky 28" tests
    premiere
    any others

sorry if this has been asked before but i did check and could not find the info i wanted

steve

also where did you get your pace 810 from
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    sat man
    where did you get your pace 810 from please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    from my supplyer
    sat man
    where did you get your pace 810 from please
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sat-man wrote:
    from my supplyer

Is it a Sky box or just like a normal digital box?

Can you view the Sky EPG with it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PACE are supplying Premiere with their HD receivers which can also be used for FTA HD broadcasts so while SKY test HD without encryption they can pick the channels up. However they do not have the Videoguard decoders nor the ability to run SKY services so are useless for SKY HD unless someone proves the Dragon Cam solution works with them and even then no SKY EPG.
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    where do you get these pace boxes from?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That looks nice. I need a new receiver too. :) I found another one at Pulsat.

QUALI-TV QS-1080IRCI HDTV RECEIVER

Availability: In Stock
    Optional Extras: None

HDTV Quali-TV QS-1080IRCI High Definition digital receiver with embedded Irdeto, 2 common interface slots and HD-1/Euro1080 viewing card

£529.00 € 786.74 $917.61

Doesn't mention a Hard Drive, hmmm.

This looks promising..

"DirecTV plans on launching four Ka-band satellites by 2007. This means local HiDef channels over satellite for the biggest markets by the end of 2005, with room for 500 HD channels. Plus 1000 more HD local channels and 150 national HD channels by the end of 2007. Thats a total bandwidth of 34Gbit/s, which is about 10 times the bandwidth they currently have in the Ku band (the band they use now for direct-to-home TV service). The bandwidth crunch for satellite providers is over, and the Ka band is the answer."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote:
    QUALI-TV QS-1080IRCI HDTV RECEIVER

Availability: In Stock
    Optional Extras: None

HDTV Quali-TV QS-1080IRCI High Definition digital receiver with embedded Irdeto, 2 common interface slots and HD-1/Euro1080 viewing card

£529.00 € 786.74 $917.61

Doesn't mention a Hard Drive, hmmm.

this model is no hard drive, no DVB-S2, no mpeg4 (but it's 4:2:2 compatible...): QUALI is going to launch a couple of new models with these features in may/june
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I run a satellite/eletronics shop i got it from my trade supplyer
    andybno1 wrote:
    where do you get these pace boxes from?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    sat-man wrote:
    I run a satellite/eletronics shop i got it from my trade supplyer

What name do you trade under as a satellite supplier and/or where are you based, if you dont want to say here roughly where are you in the UK town/city?. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    V-TECH wrote:
    nice receiver, but:
    "DVB-S2 PVR High Definition with CA / CI solutions from Irdeto / Nagra / Conax-7. It can be developed on Terrestrial and Cable platform and can be customized for end user"
    so no sat use at the moment, I guess, and I couldn't find it anywhere on the european market...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    danit wrote:
    nice receiver, but:
    "DVB-S2 PVR High Definition with CA / CI solutions from Irdeto / Nagra / Conax-7. It can be developed on Terrestrial and Cable platform and can be customized for end user"
    so no sat use at the moment, I guess, and I couldn't find it anywhere on the european market...

What a twit whats it's saying is other versions are or can be developed for end user/other systems such as cable/terrestrial. :o

Dont want to wait for one? then consider a reelbox LiteV3 better duck now!!. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sat man

which supplier please i am starting to think you maybe telling porkies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hdmad wrote:
    and a handful of others. All keep updating their delivery dates - most are hovering around 15 Feb at the moment.

H
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trade only, v***** group ****sat and al****e they are all trade supplyers, do you tink i care what you think
    sat man

which supplier please i am starting to think you maybe telling porkies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    a******e haven't got any in stock as i've had 4 on back order since the new cat came out. They said March. Which is pointless for me since the Sky HD boxes will be available by then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    v***** group ****sat and al****e none have had any in stock yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sat-man wrote:
    trade only, v***** group ****sat and al****e they are all trade supplyers, do you tink i care what you think

Nice one Sat-man you should care, if you got that attitude towards him what are other potential customers supposed to think and doing it a public forum too?. :eek:

Do you honestley think people would want to buy £350+ HD satellite recievers from you now or when they are readily availible or sky HD?. :o

NR ring any bells?. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a request on either the Pace/Humax or Philips since September from Switzerland - and today got an email to say the PRD 1000 is in stock and do I still want one. You betcha! The order has been placed and I am p****** myself with excitement as I can catch the Olympics in HD (hopefully) and all that (have a motorized system).

YooHoo!!

H
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I now have the pace 810 back in stock today

let me know how you get on with the humax
    bayards wrote:
    Had a request on either the Pace/Humax or Philips since September from Switzerland - and today got an email to say the PRD 1000 is in stock and do I still want one. You betcha! The order has been placed and I am p****** myself with excitement as I can catch the Olympics in HD (hopefully) and all that (have a motorized system).

YooHoo!!

H
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope nope have sky hd yet but al*****e are haveing them in on monday/tuesday, They have the non sky pace 810 in stock as i picked 5 up today from my local depo

But to buy the sky hd receivers from them you will need to have a trade acccount with them and be a sky ASA as they will want you ASA number

v***** group ****sat and al****e none have had any in stock yet