Options

James Blunt - You're Pitiful

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
James Blunt and/or his record company won't allow Weird Al Yankovic to put his parody of You're Beautiful called You're Pitiful on his next album. Sensible or sense of humour bypass? You decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeAWESP7THs&feature=related

Comments

• Options
    The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Refusing to let the track be released makes Blunt come across as a bit pompous, even if that might not be the case.

Considering the company he'd be in if he let the track be released I can't help but think it might be the wrong decision.

On the other hand, we're discussing it now... That counts as attention too.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely - if its parody - they can't stop him. Copyright infringement law explicitly protects the right to parody, so I can't see how they can block it.

Or does music not officially count as parody? Anybody know?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think james should be removing the Bl and adding a C.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading James Blunt talking about the song and saying he found it funny and liked it, but his Record Company had the problem with it's release.

That said you can (could?) download it for free from Weird Al's site anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    It's an honour being yank-ovitched!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt James Blunt has any say at all in this. He said on Top Gear he loves the parody.
    This is recording label not him personally methinks. That damn single sold about 10 million copies- yeew.But Blunt himself seems really nice, even if his singing leaves a lotta lotta room to be desired.!!
  • Options
    JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was a singer, I'd do everything possible to keep Weird Al away from my material. That guy gives comedy a bad name.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That song sums up my life.:(