✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    Mmm Cherry pie.
    Mmm, fluffy jumpers.
  • Options
    DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've started watching my twin peaks dvd again - it's been a while since I watched but it's like catching up with an old (and very odd) friend.

Log Lady intros apart (sound and picture quality isn't the best for some reason?) it doesn't feel or look 20+ years old either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    love David Lynch but I just hated Twin Peaks.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-watching Twin Peaks on Netflix at the moment. Great show, beautiful locations as well.
  • Options
    Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who can tie a cherry stem in a knot with their tongue? :D

I loved Twin Peaks in all it's surreal, weird glory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who can tie a cherry stem in a knot with their tongue? :D

I loved Twin Peaks in all it's surreal, weird glory.

ahh the lovely Audrey. :D what a great interview technique. :D
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best TV shows to ever be on TV.
    Addictively Weird.
  • Options
    JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it Pamela Ewing?
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It was shown on the Horror channel last year. An amazing TV show. I think influenced 'Lost' and 'Carnivalé'.

I think the original plan for it was to have a 5 years season arc. The murder was never really meant to be solved.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I think they were wildly ambitious if they thought they could ever keep it going without resolving the murder.

Although I agree with them that the network forced the reveal prematurely and then the show sort of fell into a lull after that with very little direction and bizarre sub-plots (the James story was tedious to the extreme). I read that Lynch went off focusing on other projects as well, neglecting TP during its second season.

Nevertheless I do think it improved in the latter half of the second season with the Windom Earle plot and the last couple of episodes were superb, even if the ending was beyond frustrating!

And the first season remains television perfection IMO.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The British Board of Film Classification down graded Fire Walk With Me from 18 to 15 today: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/EVF063753/

Surprised at that; it's horrid.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But almost everyone behaved bizarrely in Twin Peaks.

As understatements go...that's up there with the best of 'em!

I was hooked, but I don't think I'd want to watch it again, not sure it would have stood up to the test of time - has anyone watched it again after a long while? (and my boyfriend at the time bought me 'Laura Palmer's diary'.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    As understatements go...that's up there with the best of 'em!

I was hooked, but I don't think I'd want to watch it again, not sure it would have stood up to the test of time - has anyone watched it again after a long while? (and my boyfriend at the time bought me 'Laura Palmer's diary'.

That's one of the best things about it, it has a timeless quailty, it doesn't look like it's 23 years old. I think you'd still enjoy it.
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd forgotten how haunting the music is - now found the sheets for the main theme and Laura's theme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »

And the first season remains television perfection IMO.

The first series is absolutely brilliant - I'd forgotten how few eps there were in it actually. The second series is a lot more bloated but the oddness keeps me coming back for more.
    loracan wrote: »

I was hooked, but I don't think I'd want to watch it again, not sure it would have stood up to the test of time - has anyone watched it again after a long while?

I'm well into the second series of my re-watch now and it's not aged at all imo. Probably helped because it was so ground breaking at the time. Really enjoying the re-watch because I'd forgotten just how good it is! :D
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bugloss wrote: »
    the scene when Leland killed Maddy got a lot of complaints, I remember........

Not surprised. It was really brutal and one of the main things I remember about Twin Peaks.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    'Laura Palmer' turned 45 last week (Sheryl Lee's birthday is the 22nd April)

God how time flies! :eek:

Following up on the earlier comment that Desperate Housewives is, in a way, a lighter version of "twisted suburbia" soap that Lynch/Frost wanted Twin Peaks to become, there is another connection, as Sheryl Lee played Mary Alice Young in the original unaired first Pilot episode of DH.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Twin Peaks. Brilliant stuff. Who the murderer was, was pretty obvious but it didn't matter. 'Bob' was so scary but I've no idea why other than that he looked bonkers. :eek: