Anybody got a One Plan Contract They No Longer Want

Comments

• d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    davethorp wrote: »

Whether 3 will take action then to get people off the one plan I doubt even 3 themselves know yet

I would agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    My 12 month sim only deal ends in December. Does anyone have any experience of Three contacting them at te end of the fixed term to try to switch you? If so, what did they offer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    My 12 month sim only contract ended in August and nobody called me. No reason why they would
  • Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkllama wrote: »
    My 12 month sim only contract ended in August and nobody called me. No reason why they would

They usually call you to offer you a better deal '30 days' left of your contract but can you really offer a better deal than The One Plan?
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My £15 sim only one plan goes out of contract in December.

Im expecting a loyalty call offering to reduce it to £10 a month and being exempt from traffic sense :)
    Forum Member
    pinkllama wrote: »

There's every reason if you're on a cheap TOP deal.
    Forum Member
    nafanny29 wrote: »

Im expecting a loyalty call offering to reduce it to £10 a month and being exempt from traffic sense :)

I'd settle for that too :-)
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nafanny29 wrote: »

You're expecting unlimited data for a tenner, and to be exempt from traffic sense. I'm guessing you're joking, right?
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    You're expecting unlimited data for a tenner, and to be exempt from traffic sense. I'm guessing you're joking, right?

I think his tongue was firmly in cheek.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just checking!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Iam payin £12
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On assumption I can't negotiate a discount on my soon to end on contract handset One Plan contract, I need a plan B.

After doing the maths purchasing an iPhone from Apple and then compliment with a Sim deal works out cheaper total cost of ownership than paying for handset over life of contract ( although you've got the cash flow hit up front ). So I may settle for buying an iPhone 6, but instead of taking out a sim deal at £20 pm continue my existing One Plan contract at £36 pm. That means I can swap over the sim to new handset and keep unlimited tethering at a £16 pm premium......which although steep may be my preferred option.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    player1 wrote: »
    On assumption I can't negotiate a discount on my soon to end on contract handset One Plan contract, I need a plan B.

After doing the maths purchasing an iPhone from Apple and then compliment with a Sim deal works out cheaper total cost of ownership than paying for handset over life of contract ( although you've got the cash flow hit up front ). So I may settle for buying an iPhone 6, but instead of taking out a sim deal at £20 pm continue my existing One Plan contract at £36 pm. That means I can swap over the sim to new handset and keep unlimited tethering at a £16 pm premium......which although steep may be my preferred option.

How much tethering are you doing? wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a mifi contract separately with 10GB of extra data in addition to the small tethering allowance you'd get with the phone.
  • showstoppershowstopper Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I'm paying £9.90 a month for the one plan
    This is on a 1 monthly rolling basis as in out of my initial 12 months period
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    How much tethering are you doing? wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a mifi contract separately with 10GB of extra data in addition to the small tethering allowance you'd get with the phone.

sadly my landline broadband speeds are woeful so until fibre reaches my area my only option to enjoy streaming ( to my iPad or Smart TV) is to use 4G. Streaming a HD movie eats into a data allowance in no time
  • TheRottweilerTheRottweiler Posts: 95
    Forum Member

Your a very lucky boy, just keep paying that monthly bill on time...:):):):):)
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When did you join the one plan? How are you only paying £9.90?
    Forum Member
    I'm still after another One Plan if anybody has one they no longer want, its easy to swop owners through Three
  • Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still after another One Plan if anybody has one they no longer want, its easy to swop owners through Three

Pm ash45 he wants rid of his.
  • JFCJFC Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A question.

I am paying 36 quid a month for my Samsung S4 and my contacts will be finished in january. Does my monthly bill automatically drop to the non subsidised rate and I get to keep my One Plan contract or will it stay at 36 quid and force me to change to a non unlimited tethering contract?

I don;t really need a new phone for a good while yet, my S4 is still rocking two years on
    Forum Member
    It will stay at the current price. You either upgrade or keep the phone and change to a new sim only deal with whichever network you like.
    Forum Member
    Thanks just PMed
  • JFCJFC Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will stay at the current price. You either upgrade or keep the phone and change to a new sim only deal with whichever network you like.

Thanks. I will upgrade to an S6 on the proviso that I keep my unlimted tethering, otherwise if they refuse I will look at my options.
    Forum Member
    Was that a bump ?
  • maverickjesusmaverickjesus Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I love that you have been trying (and failing) to covertly bump this thread without anyone noticing for well over a month now, even though there is clearly zero interest. Top marks for perseverance, I guess :confused:
This discussion has been closed.