What is with voting logic? I do not like x housemate = housemate OUT!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't understand why people vote like this. At the moment, for instance, Nadia, Michelle and Makosi are being bitchy or at least 'naughty'. This will inevitably create a horde of viewers going NADIA/MICHELLE/MAKOSI OUT! Are you incapable of realising that there are OTHER housemates who aren't just 'quieter and less bitchy', they're boring and don't actually DO anything to make the show that you invest an hour into every night ENTERTAINING?

Please help me understand this logic that's pervaded BB.

Comments

• sharon39sharon39 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Agreed OP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Yeah wrote: »
    I don't understand why people vote like this. At the moment, for instance, Nadia, Michelle and Makosi are being bitchy or at least 'naughty'. This will inevitably create a horde of viewers going NADIA/MICHELLE/MAKOSI OUT! Are you incapable of realising that there are OTHER housemates who aren't just 'quieter and less bitchy' but they don't actually DO anything to make the show that you invest an hour in every night ENTERTAINING?

I know it seems like that, but in fairness if a housemate irritates you and you don't like watching them you're going to want them out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But irritation is GOOD in most cases! That's what makes the show entertaining, especially when the other housemates turn on the irritating one!
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    It will always be like that while it is vote to evict, sadly.

people vote out the more interesting ones, and we are left with a final of bores. Then people moan about it :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will always be like that while it is vote to evict, sadly.

people vote out the more interesting ones, and we are left with a final of bores. Then people moan about it :rolleyes:

But Pete Burns might be coming in and there's a double eviction this week that'll get rid of two of the biggest characters! :cry::cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree OP I don't get it either makes no sense.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    The majority of the viewers have never understood that if you vote out the interesting ones we are left with a dud of a show. Year after year they keep making the same mistake then complaining the show is boring, they will never learn. If the producers actually had the brains to change it to vote to save we might have a decent show on our hands.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    They would rather Preston and Nick in obviously lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    The majority of the viewers have never understood that if you vote out the interesting ones we are left with a dud of a show. Year after year they keep making the same mistake then complaining the show is boring, they will never learn. If the producers actually had the brain to change it to vote to save we might have a decent show on our hands.

i know, i never understand it either, all you get left with most of the time is radar dodgers! :mad::cry:
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadia irritates me.
    I don't find her tantrums entertaining in the slightest.
    I want her out.
    (I won't be voting for her though because I've given up on voting after BB11's farce of a finale.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    The majority of the viewers have never understood that if you vote out the interesting ones we are left with a dud of a show. Year after year they keep making the same mistake then complaining the show is boring, they will never learn. If the producers actually had the brains to change it to vote to save we might have a decent show on our hands.
    Are you saying that only bitchy HMs are interesting? i like HMs who can enjoy themselves & entertain me without constant bitching. The ones in the pool only bitch because they have nothing interesting to say.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind if somebody wants to vote somebody out because they don't like them. If they don't like them they don't like them.

It's just when it seems to be about anger about a housemate for the mildest of excuses and they add 'GET l <insert housemate name> OUT!!!!' to the end of their post.
    It comes across as though that person is actively seeking an excuse to hate anybody and that hate is finely balanced on a hair-trigger. Then all that hate is relentlessly directed towards that housemate until they eventually are evicted.
    Then the process seems to start all over again and the hate transfers onto some other poor sod of a housemate.

By all means vote for whoever you like if they've been nominated to be put up for eviction. But at the end of your post please don't shout at me to order me to 'GET <insert housemate name> OUT!!!!!'....especially when they're not even up for eviction.
    It comes across as a teensy bit scary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. An evict to punish thing has developed and it's been detrimental to the show.

Of course there are going to be people you can't bear to listen to anymore (Charley). And people who are so dreadful you just don't want them to have the airtime (Rex's girlfriend). And people who get so smug about their position you want the smirk off their faces.

But if they just annoy you a bit and annoy the other housemates a lot then leave them in and get rid of the wallpaper housemates. It makes for a whole lot better television.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people vote like this. At the moment, for instance, Nadia, Michelle and Makosi are being bitchy or at least 'naughty'. This will inevitably create a horde of viewers going NADIA/MICHELLE/MAKOSI OUT! Are you incapable of realising that there are OTHER housemates who aren't just 'quieter and less bitchy', they're boring and don't actually DO anything to make the show that you invest an hour into every night ENTERTAINING?

Agree with you OP.;)
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple. Its the vote to evict.

Vote to save gets rid of deadwood, much better entertainment wise, not so good for show's bank balance.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is this type of mentality that has ruined many a BB over the years.

Someone should tell the idiots with their mobile phones that they don't have to live with these people and are watching characters on a TV screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why people vote like this. At the moment, for instance, Nadia, Michelle and Makosi are being bitchy or at least 'naughty'. This will inevitably create a horde of viewers going NADIA/MICHELLE/MAKOSI OUT!

I agree with the above in principle but I did edit the part about boring v entertaining out though - I sometimes enjoy the quieter ones, nothing wrong with being nice, and everyones idea of entertainment is different (I don't tend to go for the gobby ones; Nadia, Charley etc may well entertain others but don't entertain me)

Sam Pepper being naughty was brilliant though IMO; I like him and I like the frisson he brought to the house, at that particular moment in time.

I think it depends who it is; if you like them, they can get away with murder, if you don't they annoy you whether they are mischief making or as quiet as a mouse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is why many people advocate the vote to save instead of vote to evict method.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's your logic that's confused, imo.

You're assuming that when people vote out HMs they don't like they're making the show less entertaining for themselves.

They might be making it worse for those who find such HMs entertaining, but so what?

When a HM I don't like goes, it always makes the show better from my point of view, no matter how "entertaining" anyone else finds them, and I suspect a lot of BB voters feel the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    It's your logic that's confused, imo.

You're assuming that when people vote out HMs they don't like they're making the show less entertaining for themselves.

They might be making it worse for those who find such HMs entertaining, but so what?

When a HM I don't like goes, it always makes the show better from my point of view, no matter how "entertaining" anyone else finds them, and I suspect a lot of BB voters feel the same.

Totally agree. The most entertaining thing that a dislikeable housemate can do is walk out looking peeved after an unexpected eviction. If the cost we pay for a few of these lovely, lovely evictions is a rather dull final, it is a cost well worth paying in my opinion.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. An evict to punish thing has developed and it's been detrimental to the show.

Of course there are going to be people you can't bear to listen to anymore (Charley). And people who are so dreadful you just don't want them to have the airtime (Rex's girlfriend). And people who get so smug about their position you want the smirk off their faces.

But if they just annoy you a bit and annoy the other housemates a lot then leave them in and get rid of the wallpaper housemates. It makes for a whole lot better television.
    HMs who annoy the other HMs a lot do not make better television for me.

And the so-called "wallpaper" HMs are often far more interesting. Or, even if they're not very interesting, they're at least not incredibly irritating.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What bugs me is the people who after voting out all the unpleasent ones, but then complain about how boring it is in the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    What bugs me is the people who after voting out all the unpleasent ones, but then complain about how boring it is in the end.

I think this is a forum myth. I challenge you to find any individual forum member, ever, who has posted that they have voted out 'big characters' then moaned that the 'big characters' have gone. I have never, ever regretted a vote I have made; I doubt whether many people have..
  • kazzamackazzamac Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Nadia in BB5 and still don't like her, so if she is up I may vote for her but I'd also go for Preston or Nick too as they don't bring anything to the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the voting parallels what happens in normal life... If you don't like or get on with someone... after a while, you cut them out of your life!

You don't put up with them annoying you and making you angry indefinitely .....or do you OP? ;)

Most viewers/voters are not playing 'a game'... to many, it is an alien concept.

It doesn't make us stupid....just emotive!

It is simple really! :)