Options

Burgers in the toaster

googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
Forum Member
✭✭
So has anyone tried these frozen burgers that you cook in the toaster.

http://www.fry-online.co.uk/news/item/new-burgers-get-a-toasting

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/captaincrunch/3584793/Captain-Crunchs-verdict-on-the-best-burgers.html

In Tesco apparently. And they claim they do not cover the toaster in fat.

Intriguing. But no doubt not that good for you!!!

Comments

• Options
    Russ_WWFCRuss_WWFC Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the first link

The hefty price tag means it’s highly unlikely they will ever make their way into the catering arena. However, it is reported that Tillman’s will also be introducing a Snack Me! meat line, which will be heated from frozen in the microwave. It will comprise Mini Schnitzel, Mini Pork Meatballs filled with a sweet and sour sauce, Mini Beef Kebabs, Mini Chicken Meatballs filled with curry sauce and Mini Pork Riblets.

Sounds interesting those microwave things.

As for the burgers, will probably try if and when they go on offer, can get better value snacks at the moment
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Couldn't you knock up your own version using those toastie bags?
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even like toast from the toaster let alone cooking meat in there :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I don't have a toaster any more so I don't think I would be trying these any time soon. But if they taste like normal frozen burgers I can see them becoming popular if they are not too pricey.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Couldn't you knock up your own version using those toastie bags?

I bought loads of those, one of the best purchases I ever made. When I do bacon I always do a few too many rashers and then use them bags to make a bacon & cheese toastie for breakfast.. Pure heaven.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »
    I bought loads of those, one of the best purchases I ever made. When I do bacon I always do a few too many rashers and then use them bags to make a bacon & cheese toastie for breakfast.. Pure heaven.

Doesn't the fill all slide to the bottom? When I had a toaster I always thought these looked good but that was always the thing on my mind that it would all fall to the bottom of the bag.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't the fill all slide to the bottom? When I had a toaster I always thought these looked good but that was always the thing on my mind that it would all fall to the bottom of the bag.

No. The bags are quite narrow and you usually have to squash everything together so there's never usually any room for movement! They're great little things to have.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Never had that problem, you do get a bit of 'leakage' around the sides but apart from that they're excellent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    orangebird wrote: »
    No. The bags are quite narrow and you usually have to squash everything together so there's never usually any room for movement! They're great little things to have.
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Never had that problem, you do get a bit of 'leakage' around the sides but apart from that they're excellent.

Cool, I have always hated Sandwich makers because they were so hard to clean when you had to cover the plates with butter etc. So I always looked at these as a great alternative, but with the nagging of with it being vertical will gravity take its toll. But if that is not the case I am impressed. I don't have a toaster but if I get one again then I might give these ago.

Now I just use the George Foreman :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, I have always hated Sandwich makers because they were so hard to clean when you had to cover the plates with butter etc. So I always looked at these as a great alternative, but with the nagging of with it being vertical will gravity take its toll. But if that is not the case I am impressed. I don't have a toaster but if I get one again then I might give these ago.

Now I just use the George Foreman :)

I will not let myself buy a sandwich toaster as I know I'd just live off them if I owned one. All that butter.....
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a sandwich toaster but I use the fry light spray oil or butter for the outside. Works just as well as normal butter but without all the fat and calories!