The current state of britain & it's X-Factor phenomenon

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    I think it is because everyone likes a bit of escapism.

This.

I know that's why I personally spend more time on showbiz nonsense and talking about tv shows/movies/music/books than anything else when online. We get bombarded with real world issues enough just by turning on the TV or radio or opening a newspaper. I can't even check my email without being exposed to the latest grizzly headlines whether I want to see them or not. I see no harm in people wanting to forget about all the horrible things out there when they can.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    This.

I know that's why I personally spend more time on showbiz nonsense and talking about tv shows/movies/music/books than anything else when online. We get bombarded with real world issues enough just by turning on the TV or radio or opening a newspaper. I can't even check my email without being exposed to the latest grizzly headlines whether I want to see them or not. I see no harm in people wanting to forget about all the horrible things out there when they can.

Exactly. I find the people who complain about "X Factor celebrity obsessed culture, we should be changing the world instead, Britain is full of idiots" are young people who don't have a steady job to go to. If they did, they'd be far more concerned with their work and how to pay their bills than seeking out depressing political stories on the internet and debating them.

Some people, when they have finished another long, hard, monotonous day of work, housework, shopping, going to post office, taking car to MOT etc might just want to sit down and relax by being vacuous for a few hours. Is that a crime? No, so stop being so judgmental OP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Exactly. I find the people who complain about "X Factor celebrity obsessed culture, we should be changing the world instead, Britain is full of idiots" are young people who don't have a steady job to go to. If they did, they'd be far more concerned with their work and how to pay their bills than seeking out depressing political stories on the internet and debating them.

Some people, when they have finished another long, hard, monotonous day of work, housework, shopping, going to post office, taking car to MOT etc might just want to sit down and relax by being vacuous for a few hours. Is that a crime? No, so stop being so judgmental OP.

I think this thread was in aid of OP being a little miffed they had no traffic to their other thread:)

Mind you, their plan worked because they are now on page 2 of the other thread