What has happened to Mark from the Grosvenor Hotel in Torquay

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
Forum Member
I know Mark (Jenkins) has sold the Grosvenor Hotel from the Hotel series on Channel 4. . He has left but does anyone know what he is doing now!!. The publicity from the Hotel series must be getting the new owners of the Grosvenor Hotel in Torquay a lot of business.

Comments

• bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was on The Sunday Brunch with Alison last week.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He tweets a lot and so does Alison.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new owners have him working there to see guests as so many people were asking to see him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    it seems as though he's going to be followed by CH4 film crew as he tries to build up his next project.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Can anyone please inbox me Marks tweet addy please :)
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he might be the new Hotel Inspector now Alex Polizzi has gone to the BBC,and after its last series it certainly needs a revamp.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be AMAZING!!!
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »
    I thought he might be the new Hotel Inspector now Alex Polizzi has gone to the BBC,and after its last series it certainly needs a revamp.

As lovely a man as he is, I don't think I'd want his advice on running a hotel!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He didn't know how to run his own hotel properly, so why on earth would any hotel who's not doing well want his advice?

He'd probably end up running it into the ground the way he did with the Grosvenor. He's a great person with people, but as a businessman he's total shite. He hasn't got a great record with his other companies either as can be seen here.

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/905938395
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,805
    Forum Member
    He didn't know how to run his own hotel properly, so why on earth would any hotel who's not doing well want his advice?

He'd probably end up running it into the ground the way he did with the Grosvenor. He's a great person with people, but as a businessman he's total shite. He hasn't got a great record with his other companies either as can be seen here.

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/905938395

From a newspaper article I found from 2011 looks like he was up the creek before C4 rolled up, have put details in 'The Hotel' thread.

I see RIVIERA HOTELS TORQUAY LLP is also in administration.

Did he walk away with more debts or repay some?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,805
    Forum Member
    I can see C4 filming him running a Holiday Camp, then a prison and hospital.

"Christian it's a holiday camp not camp holidays and his wife wasn't pleased being voted best drag queen of the week."

"When I said let's have an open day I didn't mean leaving the gates open!"

"What do you mean you cut off the wrong leg?"
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he might be the new Hotel Inspector now Alex Polizzi has gone to the BBC,and after its last series it certainly needs a revamp.[/

Would you really take advice from this guy about running a Hotel? I certainly wouldn't. He just isn't cut out to manage staff or run a business. He had no control over his staff, they walked all over him, showed little or no respect and he doesn't have the balls to take over and sort something when it isn't working. How a manager would repeatedly let his events organiser chuck money away without stepping in is no manager in my opinion.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member

Has Alex signed exclusively with the BBC then?
  • johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Has Alex signed exclusively with the BBC then?
    Last year she did both 'The Fixer' and 'The Hotel Inspector', however in an interview in the Telegraph a few weeks ago she stated that she is pregnant and the baby is due in the next few months and she then intends to take a break, so unless a new hotel series has been filmed a new series this year seems unlikely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    always amazed me that Mark got hold of £1.2m to buy the Gros, when he appeared to have no hotel management experience :eek: :confused: - must have been able to pull the wool over the lenders' eyes....
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    I can see C4 filming him running a Holiday Camp, then a prison and hospital.

"Christian it's a holiday camp not camp holidays and his wife wasn't pleased being voted best drag queen of the week."

"When I said let's have an open day I didn't mean leaving the gates open!"

"What do you mean you cut off the wrong leg?"

:D:D:D
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Jenkins has signed up to a major showbiz agency and he's planning a career in TV.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    always amazed me that Mark got hold of £1.2m to buy the Gros, when he appeared to have no hotel management experience :eek: :confused: - must have been able to pull the wool over the lenders' eyes....

Who said he borrowed money?
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Jenkins has signed up to a major showbiz agency and he's planning a career in TV.

Mark would make an ideal host of a new revamped series of "It's A Knockout" in fact Alison could join him as co-presenter with that laugh of hers she would be ideal. Christian could be roped in as well. Completely manic entertainment it would suit them all very well. An opportunity the TV companies should not miss,
  • chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark would make an ideal host of a new revamped series of "It's A Knockout"

Given the dolphin racing and the hobby horse polo as examples - you could be right
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He tweets a lot and so does Alison.

He Facebooks a lot too!
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed him at the GroSvenor Hotel, and miss the series. I hope they do some more like that with another hilarious manager.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    He Facebooks a lot too!

My guess is he's got a lot of time on his hands. :D
  • Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope we see him back on tv in a new series with him working in a business and see if the tv company could persuade Alison to join him. Hell, put them both on the C4 payroll.