Have you ever felt that viewers have been 'fooled' by a particular housemate?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm willing to take the backlash. I know I sound very self-righteous. But still.

There are certain housemates that try to present themselves a certain way and said presentation feels very unconvincing. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm a gay guy who loves Rupauls Drag Race. I wanted to love Michelle, who presents herself as Queen of the Outcasts. She presents herself this way, but her moments on Big Brother seem to contradict this. I can't help but think that people who have an attitude like this: http://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/2su57u/cbb_uk_aka_the_the_michelle_visage_show/ are somewhat fooled, and 'wrong' for their supporting a certain housemate.

I feel like I've been on the 'foolish' side too. Aisleyne, for example, did the one thing that I want from a HM whenever everyone gangs up on one 'crazy' housemate and proves how weak and sheepy they are: go against the grain. But she never really lived up to the moment she called Sezer, Grace and co. out as being bullies.

Comments

• JVSJVS Posts: 12,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea who Michelle Visage is or was. I don't like what KH is doing, but I can't see where Michelle has been too bad. I still like her.

Most people were probably 'fooled' by Alex, the quiet man disappeared and the street hoodlum started to show.
  • JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Have you ever felt that viewers have been 'fooled' by a particular housemate?"

All the time, but then I realise it's just that they hold a different opinion from mine.
  • TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke A and Aaron!!! They put on their nice guy act and I feel like only myself and a small minority of the forum could see through it and saw the passive aggression, snideness and fakeness in all the "nice acts". I do accept the possibility that I'm the delusional one because I tend to believe the opinion of the majority can usually be taken to be the real one, but this worries me as I have quite a good track record with judging characters.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i have felt that way, i feel that way during every series of BB. I know people are fooled by certain HM's.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke A, Aaron. One of the biggest ones was Aisleyne.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke A, Aaron. One of the biggest ones was Aisleyne.

I wasn't on the forum when Aisleyne was in there but everyone i knew that liked BB hated her. It seems like on here she was really well liked and i don't get it. She is a horrible little chav who talks like an idiot.
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    I had no idea who Michelle Visage is or was. I don't like what KH is doing, but I can't see where Michelle has been too bad. I still like her.

Most people were probably 'fooled' by Alex, the quiet man disappeared and the street hoodlum started to show.

Yes funny to watch Alexander with his cap on and that walk and crotch grab go all gangster, 61 and still all street deep down :D
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every series I seem to go against forum sentiment.

I couldn't stand Davidson. Didn't much care for Busey. And now Hopkins, the latest forum favourite, is perhaps my least favourite housemate ever.

Not sure why I keep getting it so wrong time after time. :-/
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every series I seem to go against forum sentiment.

I couldn't stand Davidson. Didn't much care for Busey. And now Hopkins, the latest forum favourite, is perhaps my least favourite housemate ever.

Not sure why I keep getting it so wrong time after time. :-/

Your not on your own.....
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those annoying twins Jack and what's his face from civilian BB were doing a brilliant job of fooling the public a few years back. Luckily most on this forum saw through them but social media and BOTS seemed to love them.

Brian Belo, Rachel Rice and Jim Davidson also spring to mind
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadia Almada for certain. I suspect she was a lot more unpleasant than she was portrayed by the producers (and Victor claims she physically assaulted two people on Fight Night).
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Certainly Katie this series. It just seems so obvious that she's a horrible person.

Helen last year. Although she didn't even seem to have any support up until about four days before the final...
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only obvious thing I can think of is when people vote out the most fascinating housemate in the first week, I think the viewers are above being fooled