Options

the kate bush appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Wuthering wrote: »
    No offence taken, I can understand that.

I consider myself a collector of Kate related stuff though so this will be a really nice thing to have for someone like me. :)

Well, I hope you enjoy the addition to your collection. I'd like to see a possible Del Palmer collection of photos from his life with KB. Those, could be quite candid and revealing in a nice way. Whether such a thing will ever happen seems rather unlikely, though, as he seems so tight lipped about the era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just come across this article, about how Mark E. Smith of the Fall didn't like Kate Bush the first time around, and apparently can't understand why she's become cool all over again.

http://www.nme.com/news/mark-e-smith/79843

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can't help but feel that if Mr Smith had a tenth of KB's talent, his band might've sold more records, and more people would be interested in what he thinks. Instead, he comes across as an embittered, charisma free old twonk, using KB's return to prominence to make people aware that he's still alive...and still miserable.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just come across this article, about how Mark E. Smith of the Fall didn't like Kate Bush the first time around, and apparently can't understand why she's become cool all over again.

http://www.nme.com/news/mark-e-smith/79843

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can't help but feel that if Mr Smith had a tenth of KB's talent, his band might've sold more records, and more people would be interested in what he thinks. Instead, he comes across as an embittered, charisma free old twonk, using KB's return to prominence to make people aware that he's still alive...and still miserable.
    Yes .. sounds like he needs some publicity. Like you say he's entitled to his opinion but there's no need to be rude .. it ends up sounding like jealousy.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Aerial today. The whole experience of being at the gig already feels like a dream, not least as I had so many dreams about it before I went! I wish I could go again, as I'd take more in a second time rather than simply bask in the presence of Her Kateness! :D
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    finally got to see her last night - I had the hospitality package .... and it isn't often when I say that my expectations were met and exceeded! Just so majestical and enchanting from every detail and every note of emotion. Inspirational. She looked so happy and the audience we so enthralled and with so much love.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    finally got to see her last night - I had the hospitality package ....

For what those cost, I'd expect to meet KB herself!
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    For what those cost, I'd expect to meet KB herself!

she's too introverted for that .... the fact that she is touring again ... and is exceptional live still.... and the hospitality was so well thought out to every detail...... so I like many was more than happy.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else on a bit of a downer now BTD has finished? Considering how invisible Kate normally is, we've all been very spoiled these past six months or so and now....nothing! Hopefully it won't be too long til the DVD comes out. And who knows what 2015 may bring...
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just skinted myself until the end of the month! *ouch*

CATHY by John Carder Bush × 1 £120.00

http://www.cathybook.co.uk/

"A separate edition of the book alone in a slipcase, priced at £40, will be published in November. It is available to pre-order from Amazon"

Hey, an expensive signature from John! (there are other extras as well of course).
    I've also got a 10 yr old signatured/numbered book of his called 'The Cellar Gang', so that'll be two signatures from John - I wonder if I can push him to get me his sisters - that would be nice! heh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    babelogue wrote: »
    And who knows what 2015 may bring...

KB did intimate that BTD was just the beginning. Who wouldn't be inspired to be at the centre of that level of love, adulation and appreciation. How long it takes for tat to become songs, is another matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found this on YouTube, it's a bit clumsy in places but I thought it was good and worth a watch!

Pop Up Chorus sings Running up that Hill

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb3ZssURbrY

Think the link might only work on tablet or phone though.
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    I found this on YouTube, it's a bit clumsy in places but I thought it was good and worth a watch!

Pop Up Chorus sings Running up that Hill

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb3ZssURbrY

Think the link might only work on tablet or phone though.
    That's great! hah - so good to see so many people enjoying themselves, such a mixture as well - Thank's for the link.

Link worked fine for me on PC btw, changed automatically, but here's the non-mobile link in case it doesn't work for anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb3ZssURbrY
  • Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    Just skinted myself until the end of the month! *ouch*

CATHY by John Carder Bush × 1 £120.00

http://www.cathybook.co.uk/

"A separate edition of the book alone in a slipcase, priced at £40, will be published in November. It is available to pre-order from Amazon"

Hey, an expensive signature from John! (there are other extras as well of course).
    I've also got a 10 yr old signatured/numbered book of his called 'The Cellar Gang', so that'll be two signatures from John - I wonder if I can push him to get me his sisters - that would be nice! heh

Hey zounds,
    I've got a 1st edition of Cathy, nice little rarity!
    The cellar gang is a good little read, my copy ain't signed:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A reflection from Kate.

After the dawn

Hi there,
    Now all the shows are over, it's pretty difficult to explain how I feel about it all. It was quite a surreal journey that kept its level of intensity right from the early stages to the end of the very last show. It was also such great fun.
    It was one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. I loved the whole process. Particularly putting the band, the Chorus and the team together and watching it all evolve. It really was the ultimate combination of talent and artists, both from the music business and the theatre world. I never expected everyone in the team to be so lovely and we all grew very close. We became a family and I really miss them all terribly.
    I was really delighted that the shows were received so positively and so warmly but the really unexpected part of it all was the audiences. Audiences that you could only ever dream of. One of the main reasons for wanting to perform live again was to have contact with that audience.They took my breath away. Every single night they were so behind us. You could feel their support from the minute we walked on stage. I just never imagined it would be possible to connect with an audience on such a powerful and intimate level; to feel such, well quite frankly, love. It was like this at every single show.
    Thank you so very much to everyone who came to the shows and became part of that shared experience. It was a truly special and wonderful feeling for all of us.
    Very best wishes,
    Kate x

Sorry for the text but for some reason I couldn't copy the link :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digit al wrote: »
    unfortunately i have more chance of growing a third nut than kate ever touring again......she last toured 30 yrs ago!

:D Just been reading back and saw this on page 3.
    I suppose she technically didn't tour this time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought this little gem would bring us all a bit of Christmas cheer :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9I7M-nR978
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to wish Kate and everyone here a very merry Christmas.
    Also, thank-you for the shows Kate ! I'm free November to December next year if you fancy doing some more :D
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digit al wrote: »
    Just wanted to wish Kate and everyone here a very merry Christmas.
    Also, thank-you for the shows Kate ! I'm free November to December next year if you fancy doing some more :D

Actually I think July's better for my diary:) where's the DVD do we think it'll definitely happen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    Actually I think July's better for my diary:) where's the DVD do we think it'll definitely happen?

I posted some rumours/info re the DVD on the Before the Dawn thread on the main music forum.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »

July 30th would be appropriate, as that is Kate's birthday! :)
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.katebushnews.com/index.php/2015/02/the-red-shoes-gets-vinyl-reissue-in-april/

Thought I'd share this for those of you that may be interested in remastered stuff:)
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woop. I will deffo buy that.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That has been crying out for a proper vinyl version since the day it was released. I spent £60 on an original pressing years ago and it's so thin it's almost like a flexi disc. I dare not play it in case my needle cuts right through it.

Still, it's interesting to see the amount that copies of Aerial are selling for these days. It makes me feel a little smug knowing I got it for about £15 on day of release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭