Forum Member
    #56 in the UK chart.
  • davidjohn1985davidjohn1985 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Shame :(
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been #45 had the chart just been soley based on sales. It's streaming that damaged her chart position sadly. :(
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been #45 had the chart just been soley based on sales. It's streaming that damaged her chart position sadly. :(

Cause 45 is SO much better than 56? :confused:
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THeres a couple of threads on her already.

Personally I dont like the song, but she really has been caned by lack of airplay. The radio stations really have undue influence over the charts. The song isnt sufficently urban/dancey to be picked up by Kiss or 1xtra.

What is surprising is the lack of support from the BBC. When the Voice was on there was a hell of a lot of hype about her, about here was a newly discovered talent. There was a lot of eulogising about her (not just from Will.i.am) & yet just over a year later shes been left with apathy.

I dont really understand what the problem has been though. I thought she recorded her video for Home several months ago.

It wouldve made sense to release a single at the beginning of 2014, then release a 2nd one near the album launch date.

Now- unless the 2nd single is a killer track she's a gonner.

Its sobering to think the biggest success of The Voice so far has been Becky Hill, a semi finalist from series 1 (although that was obvious even from the show- she just oozed star quality)
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Home would be a better track without Will.I.Am belching all over the middle 8. By far the worst part of the song.
    boddism wrote: »
    Its sobering to think the biggest success of The Voice so far has been Becky Hill, a semi finalist from series 1 (although that was obvious even from the show- she just oozed star quality)

To think the British public voted Vince Kidd (**shudders**) over Becky Hill to get into the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Home would be a better track without Will.I.Am belching all over the middle 8. By far the worst part of the song.

To think the British public voted Vince Kidd (**shudders**) over Becky Hill to get into the final.

Did they though?? I thought it was down to Jesse J?? She OBVIOUSLY preferred Vince to Becky (werent they friends??) & anyway hes more her kinda artist.
    Which was a stupid decision anyway as he was clearly a niche artist & Becky had a fab voice and stage charisma in spite of her inexperience compared to other competitors.

Bit off topic- AHEM!!:blush:
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Cause 45 is SO much better than 56? :confused:

Where did I say it was better? :confused: It's closer to the Top 40 than #56 is and is 11 places higher - it's better than nothing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did I say it was better? :confused: It's closer to the Top 40 than #56 is and is 11 places higher - it's better than nothing!

Her not making top 40 on her debut is a big deal.
    As I said- the next single better be big or else its curtains.

Seriously these Voice contestants could do themselves a big favour by following Becky Hill's example & getting themselves guest vocalist slots.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed because I really thought Leah was the real deal.
    It's not a great song but i thought it would make the chart.
    I wouldn't write her off just yet though.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't you of expected will.i.am to of spoke put over this blacklisting? I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out of returning to The Voice now
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I like this song a lot. Its nothing groundbreaking obviously, it definatley deserved a top 20 placing at least.
    Though without airplay and the support of the insufferable radio one, then it was always doomed to fail.
    I just find it amazing that the BBC refuse to promote artists from the voice. Makes no logical sense to me.
    They could have at least whacked her on the C list for a couple of weeks.
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I'm disappointed because I really thought Leah was the real deal.

If she was the real deal she would not have gone on the voice - and most certainly would not have associated herself with William.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chatting to some who worked with Leah(she worked in SpaceNK in Belfast), one knows her mum quite well. Seems the whole album should have been released months ago, but Will stopped half way through the to do other stuff. Whether he was already pre booked when he started working with Leah????
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Chatting to some who worked with Leah(she worked in SpaceNK in Belfast), one knows her mum quite well. Seems the whole album should have been released months ago, but Will stopped half way through the to do other stuff. Whether he was already pre booked when he started working with Leah????

He obviously had time to do that pile of rubbish "It's my birthday" with that lad whoever he was.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Did they though?? I thought it was down to Jesse J?? She OBVIOUSLY preferred Vince to Becky (werent they friends??) & anyway hes more her kinda artist.
    Which was a stupid decision anyway as he was clearly a niche artist & Becky had a fab voice and stage charisma in spite of her inexperience compared to other competitors.

Bit off topic- AHEM!!:blush:

No, at that point in the competition, it was down to the public. I think on the show though, Becky was hindered by the fact that some thought her childish and "bratty" (something I personally never saw). It probably didn't help that she accidentally swore during her performance of Seven Nation Army.

And as you say, Jessie clearly favoured Vince, though I'm not sure how much bearing that'd have. Will clearly favoured Jaz, Tom clearly favoured Ruth and Danny arguably favoured Max, but none of those acts made the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Makes sense as she shot a did back in January if I recall correctly. Not sure if it was the Home vid.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I may be wrong but when the series finished I thought Will I Am was so miffed about Leah not winning that he ignored her contract and took her to the US to work with him even though he wasn't officially allowed to

Maybe that's the reason that the BBC have ignored her. She basically broke her contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    I may be wrong but when the series finished I thought Will I Am was so miffed about Leah not winning that he ignored her contract and took her to the US to work with him even though he wasn't officially allowed to

Maybe that's the reason that the BBC have ignored her. She basically broke her contract.

Well.if this posters story is true he didn't stay loyal.dumping her for ages to do other work whilst she waited.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    No, at that point in the competition, it was down to the public. I think on the show though, Becky was hindered by the fact that some thought her childish and "bratty" (something I personally never saw). It probably didn't help that she accidentally swore during her performance of Seven Nation Army.

And as you say, Jessie clearly favoured Vince, though I'm not sure how much bearing that'd have. Will clearly favoured Jaz, Tom clearly favoured Ruth and Danny arguably favoured Max, but none of those acts made the final.

The editing on the show really didn't do Becky any favours. I think they were trying to give her a Cher Lloyd style edit to make her seem cool and edgy, but that doesn't work on a show like The Voice. I remember Danny slating her last performance as well, just because he didn't know the song.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a terrible song and I'm so disappointed this is the sound she's chosen to go with. I loved Leah on the Voice - her version of Lovin' You sent shivers down my spin. I can't help but feel she's wasting her talent and that Will.I.Am is a terrible influence on her in terms of musical style and credibility.

Ssuch a shame. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    It's a terrible song and I'm so disappointed this is the sound she's chosen to go with. I loved Leah on the Voice - her version of Lovin' You sent shivers down my spin. I can't help but feel she's wasting her talent and that Will.I.Am is a terrible influence on her in terms of musical style and credibility.

Ssuch a shame. :(

As a prodigee of Will.i.am I doubt she chose to do anything much!! Personally I dislike the musical arrangement on the song. For me she'd be better suited to ballads & quirky Indie sounding songs than mainstream pop. That really isn't her image.
    She's unlikely to appeal to the young girl demographic of music buyers, she doesn't seem camp enough for the gay market & she doesn't have the grandiose style of the older torch type singers like Paloma Faith. So in essence she has an image problem
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that streaming counts it would make a lot of sense for record labels to release songs for streaming significantly earlier than the single release; given that songs tend to take longer to build up steam on streaming and then stick around longer/more solidly.

Looking at Spotify's UK streaming chart, Ariana Grande -Problem, Nico & Vinz -Am I Wrong (current singles update #1) and Charli XCX's Boom Clap are still only now moving up the charts, and Cheryl's Crazy Stupid Love, a former #1 on the singles chart is moving up even slower, only #23 on streaming so far.

Meanwhile Rather Be is still in the top 20 on streaming, Let It Go (Frozen) is still in the top 30, and Bastille's Pompeii from January 2013 is still in the top 40 at 38!