Now its over... the most irritating campmate ever?

Over the years IAC has had its share of wildly irritating campmates - Burger van Day, Gillian McFake, the Price woman, Jan Leeming, Joe Bugner all spring readily to mind.

But was Kendra Wilkinson the most annoying yet? The way she followed up everything she said with that nervous laugh, the endless "Ohhh Myyy GUAAAARRRDD", the bleating on about being a young mother and "I'm doing this for my kids"... (yeah riiiight).

I honestly never thought they would top BvD and Pwicey in the utterly risible stakes, but IMO they may just have succeeded this year.

Comments

• CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Gemma Collins outdid Kendra on the irritation front - and she was only there for 3 days!
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janice Dickinson

...no... Gillian McKeith
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's either Jimmy Bullard or Natalie Appleton, both were a pain to watch.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Van Day was the only contestant to really annoy me, almost to the point of not being able to watch him.

I just found Kendra incredibly boring more than anything else tbh.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Gemma Collins outdid Kendra on the irritation front - and she was only there for 3 days!
    That's a fair point. I'd forgotten about her, which says quite a lot.
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Janice Dickinson
    Janice Dickinson was loud and brash, but the difference for me was that she didn't take herself too seriously. She was perfectly knowing and candid about what a pumped-full-of-silicone cartoon character she was. In my eyes, gave her a certain bizarre sense of wry, watching-through-the-fingers endearment.

In contrast, Kendra seems to take herself deadly seriously. You can imagine her going to some godawful sweatshop or dilapidated tenement block and still being (loudly) convinced that being paid to have a few cockroaches dropped on her makes her far worse off...
    pork.pie wrote: »
    ...no... Gillian McKeith
    To be honest she was so pathetic that I think it's probably unfair on the word 'irritating' to bracket the two together ;-)
  • Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mind Kendra, and didn't really find her too irritating. I don't think she is a horrible person, she just knows how reality tv works and how to get the attention. I think she's ultimately harmless and she seemed to get on with most of camp (except Edwina).

The most annoying was Van Day, I nearly stopped watching that year it wasn't entertaining.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The banging of the saucepans and yelling every morning did it for me. Most irritating - Jimmy. Followed by Gillian McKeith and Gemma. Oh..and Christopher Biggins, Joe Swash and Matt Willis. Plus Nadine Appleton, Kerry Katona and the soap star whose name I can't remember, who beat Ashley Roberts.
    Then there was the punk rock star who does butter adverts, John Lydon, plus Tara Palmer Tompkinson and Helen Flanagan. There are probably more but mercifully, they've faded from memory.
  • LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Antony Cotton anyone?
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen Flanagan, Kerry Katona, Jimmy Bullard.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biggins - that voice >:( and there was a truly vile fashion presenter whose name escapes me.

generally I like the irritating ones - some of the people mentioned on here have been my favourites for providing cringeworthy moments Jan Leeming, Gillian McKeith, David Van Day for example. And Janice Dickinson was one of my all time favourites along with Tara Palmer Tomkinson. Darren Day was pretty annoying though.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Van Day was the only contestant to really annoy me, almost to the point of not being able to watch him.

I just found Kendra incredibly boring more than anything else tbh.
    David Van Day was the main reason I watched that season, I found him very funny, although I would have hated to in the jungle with him.

The Appleton one was the one that grated on me, and the woman who was in the same one as Van Day and was later in CBB and shredded the letters. I really disliked her and still do.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To this day I still want to slap Helen Flanagan..........hard. >:(
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillian McKeith without a doubt .>:(
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Swash and he is worse now his lack of talent knows no bounds imo Biggins is about as bad.
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The banging of the saucepans and yelling every morning did it for me. Most irritating - Jimmy. Followed by Gillian McKeith and Gemma. Oh..and Christopher Biggins, Joe Swash and Matt Willis. Plus Nadine Appleton, Kerry Katona and the soap star whose name I can't remember, who beat Ashley Roberts.
    Then there was the punk rock star who does butter adverts, John Lydon, plus Tara Palmer Tompkinson and Helen Flanagan. There are probably more but mercifully, they've faded from memory.

Just as a matter of interest - was there anyone who you liked ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »

Definitely! Its hard to remember how annoying she was because it was only 3 days but watching the coming out show, it all came flooding back. I can only thank gemma for leaving when she did!!
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before last night I had it at level pegging between Gemma, Mel, and Jimmy.
    But after the reunion show tonight it has to be Jimmy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Mel she was so annoying either crying shouting or moaning
    Kendra was irritating always looking into the cameras
    Antony Cotton was nasty
    Paul Burrell was my worse, I couldn't watch him at all!!
    Oh and Natalie Appleton and Peter and Katie
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    David Van Day. Just the sound of his voice wound me up. I've never disliked any contestant as much as him.
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really did not like Edwina Currie.

I know McKeith was seen as irritating by many, but I thought she was class. Proper batty. I can still picture those spices she smuggled in in her knickers. mmm Spicy! That faint was funny as ---- too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    David Van Day. Just the sound of his voice wound me up. I've never disliked any contestant as much as him.

He wasn't likeable, but his fighting with Nicola McLean did have the entertainment value of watching a fight where you hope both of them will lose.

Very, very lucky Gemma Collins didn't stay any longer though. I seem to remember disliking Robert Kilroy Silk.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before last night I had it at level pegging between Gemma, Mel, and Jimmy.
    But after the reunion show tonight it has to be Jimmy.

I should have added that I was talking about this series.
    I didn't realise that the thread was asking for the most irritating ever.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kendra like ye know like I I I am like ye know like me me me.

and her calling Edwina an evil woman just because she was micky taking her saying `like` all the time. . bit over the top that :blush:
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    Paul Burrell's lame name-dropping and general fake nature got to me big time.

Anthony Cotton was just... Ugh.

Was not a fan of Edwina's constant sex talk this year... quite irritating, like she was trying to create a 'cougar' character or something to be her reality tv calling card.

Helen Flanagan, Natalie Appleton, Gemma Collins, aka the 'why the hell did you agree to the show' crew... I don't mind if campmates are scared of trials, I would be too and I do have sympathy, but when people don't even try that annoys me.

On the flipside though I can't add Gillian McKeith or Sinitta to that list, even though technically I should, because they were both so bonkers I was actually entertained! :D
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel Sykes
    Joe pasquale