Options

A new Sky+HD Promotion?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
Forum Member
Hi,

Sorry for posting a new thread but I can't see a thread with this same offer... so just thought I let everyone know...

I had a call yesterday from Sky offering me "as a loyal customer" -

Free Sky+HD Box
Free Installation
Free 12 Months subscription to HD Mix

I have to stay with Sky for a minimum 12 months but can cancel the HD mix after a year.

Sounded too good to be true! but I got it confirmed and they are sending the details in the post and installing on Saturday :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willing to bet it wasn't Sky but a third-party. Check the details very carefully before signing anything - you're right that it sounds too good to be true.

Good luck though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't give any details, and they already had my name, packages etc. all I had to do was confirm the password on the account.

I've checked my `order status` on Sky active and it's all listed in there??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been a loyal customer of sky from the days when it was analogue and free and the only offers I've ever had have been along the lines of
    "Yes sir you are a wonderful loyal customer, lets see how we can stiff you some more". :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just spoke to customer services and this was all confirmed to me and it is a Sky offer.. so happy happy days! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone I work with, desk next to mine, just had a call from Sky with the same offer. Said he couldn't really speak to them at work so they are calling him back tonight.

The number given if he wants to call back is the standard Sky number.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    PlayerUK wrote: »
    I've been a loyal customer of sky from the days when it was analogue and free and the only offers I've ever had have been along the lines of
    "Yes sir you are a wonderful loyal customer, lets see how we can stiff you some more". :cry:

I know how you feel.. same here.

I was one of the first Sky HD customer's, and had to fork out full price plus £10 a month. Same with analogue to digital.

Let's hope we get something when 3D launches.

Maybe a spell with Virgin or BT, will make Sky appreciate me again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I reckon the box will be a Grade 'A'.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Sorry for posting a new thread but I can't see a thread with this same offer... so just thought I let everyone know...

I had a call yesterday from Sky offering me "as a loyal customer" -

Free Sky+HD Box
    Free Installation
    Free 12 Months subscription to HD Mix

I have to stay with Sky for a minimum 12 months but can cancel the HD mix after a year.

Sounded too good to be true! but I got it confirmed and they are sending the details in the post and installing on Saturday :)

Some more here further down this thread http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1224713

Looks quite genuine