The 12th Doctor

Comments

• tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does no one think Richard Armitage would do it well? He isn't too young and the mock ups people have posted on tumblr look brilliant. I haven't seen him in that much so I don't know how good of an actor he is.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked him as guy of gisbon in robin hood. North and South was a mr darcy type. Also darth maul in phantom menace and a dwarf king in the hobbit. Could make a great 12th doctor. Question is does he want the job ?.
  • FacepalmerFacepalmer Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Liked him as guy of gisbon in robin hood. North and South was a mr darcy type. Also darth maul in phantom menace and a dwarf king in the hobbit. Could make a great 12th doctor. Question is does he want the job ?.

Wasn't that Ray Park with voice by Peter Serafinowicz? :confused:

None of the above for me. None of the mentioned actors screams out to me. I'm still hoping for Stephen Fry.
  • bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the list given, it would have to be Benny Cucumberpatch....:p

Free of that list though, it would have to be Toby Stephens in my opinion. Great versatile actor who can pull off a quirky but authoritative role like the Doctor is....he'd be great in my mind! :)
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick Stewart
    Billy Conolly
    Hugh Grant
    James May
    Derek Jacobi
    Ian Lavendar
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    warwick davis .
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Patrick Stewart
    Billy Conolly
    James May
    Ian Lavendar

These are brilliant choices...

James May would be fantastic :p "It's a Rozzer Box", "The Daleks have invaded again...oh co*k", "Another deux ex machina finale?! What a bunch of uneducated morons!"
    He has even said "Geronimo!" in recent episodes of Top Gear :D

I'll add Kenneth 'Gilderoy Lockhart' Branagh to the list :D
  • UnicyclatrixUnicyclatrix Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Richard O'Brien has always been my choice for the next doctor, but then I wanted him to be the next after Tom Baker.
    A great presence that would have made a very different doctor, and would make me feel that he was a TIMELORD, someone who is so in advance of our own pitiful understanding of stuff and things and actually only does this saving of the day stuff to make the aeons pass a little faster.
    Plus he could have said at least once in the episodes that have been lost in the great time squidoodly thing, "lets do the timewarp again"
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Radcliffe would make a great Doctor in a few years, though maybe he'd come across like a mini Tennant... Still, if the show's around in 5-10 years' time I would get him in the role! Whether he would want it is another story.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facepalmer wrote: »
    I'm still hoping for Stephen Fry.

Oh, lord, no!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Richard O'Brien has always been my choice for the next doctor, but then I wanted him to be the next after Tom Baker.
    A great presence that would have made a very different doctor, and would make me feel that he was a TIMELORD, someone who is so in advance of our own pitiful understanding of stuff and things and actually only does this saving of the day stuff to make the aeons pass a little faster.
    Plus he could have said at least once in the episodes that have been lost in the great time squidoodly thing, "lets do the timewarp again"

They could always get him stuck in a crystal maze.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, the more I think about Richard Armitage playing him the more I want it. Just google Richard Armitage 12th doctor and look at some of the tumblr posts. Some of them are brilliant. I'd be quite happy seeing either him or Damien Molony as 12.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matt berry, douglas reynholm from IT crowd
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine a Molony Doctor being visually similar to the 8th, but with more of the 5th's character and occaisional bursts of the 4ths bizarre humour
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damien Molony or Warren Brown for me.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Facepalmer wrote: »
    Wasn't that Ray Park with voice by Peter Serafinowicz? :confused:

Actually, Peter Serafinowicz would absolutely rock, but I can't see him going for it, he's got so many different things going on in his career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure ages I ago I heard someone suggest Damian Lewis should play him. Could this work?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)rhys ifan yes despite his oversexed parts , he actually is a brill actor that or russell brand ax
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinny wrote: »
    :)rhys ifan yes despite his oversexed parts , he actually is a brill actor that or russell brand ax

I'm not sure about Rhys Ifans because I didn't like him in Harry Potter or Spiderman. It's not that he's a bad actor, he played the roles very well, there's just something I don't like about him. And not Russel Brand, please not Russel Brand.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylob49 wrote: »
    Julian Barratt.

I wouldn't have considered him before, but I liked him in Being Human the other week.
    Another Julian I would like is Julian Rhind-Tutt, but something in my mind makes me think the high profile might not be his thing.
    Benedict Cumberbatch is in a too similar role with Sherlock and becoming big in the states. Plus if I remember the quote properly,"I don't want my face ending up on a kids lunch box", or words to that effect.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Bradley

He played Nigel Bates in "East Enders", back in the days when I didn't find that programme unwatchable (as I do now), and is currently playing Professor Elliott Hope in "Holby City".

He's 57 - so would be the oldest actor to play the Doctor (Bill Hartnell was 55, I believe, when the was given the role), but I don't think that matters. He could be the grandfatherly or avuncular Doctor we used to get in Classic Who, which would make a nice change.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Bradley

He played Nigel Bates in "East Enders", back in the days when I didn't find that programme unwatchable (as I do now), and is currently playing Professor Elliott Hope in "Holby City".

He's 57 - so would be the oldest actor to play the Doctor (Bill Hartnell was 55, I believe, when the was given the role), but I don't think that matters. He could be the grandfatherly or avuncular Doctor we used to get in Classic Who, which would make a nice change.

Always admired him for walking away from the role of Nigel Bates when they wanted to turn him into a peadophile. Don't want to see him as The Doctor though.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's 57 - so would be the oldest actor to play the Doctor (Bill Hartnell was 55, I believe, when the was given the role), but I don't think that matters...
    Yeah. It matters.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Yeah. It matters.

Why does it matter?
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Shoppy wrote: »
    I'd imagine a Molony Doctor being visually similar to the 8th, but with more of the 5th's character and occaisional bursts of the 4ths bizarre humour
    :)

Funny thing is on the BH Blog, he was asked about Doctor Who.:D