How to trnasfer photos from ipod to computer

can anyone help me here as I have tried everything

I have a the ipod video (1st ed) and i got a new vaio laptop as my old one crashed i manually transfered all my music to new laptop but how do i transfer photos as tried to locate it via disk mode and unchecked hidden folders but its not there

i tried to use auto play but the option to upload images does not appear

i tired all 3rd party software but all have came up with trail or limited file transfer and unregistered ver and need to pay for full version

can anyone help me with with this problem as cant afford to lose my images on my ipod

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    can anyone help me here as I have tried everything

I have a the ipod video (1st ed) and i got a new vaio laptop as my old one crashed i manually transfered all my music to new laptop but how do i transfer photos as tried to locate it via disk mode and unchecked hidden folders but its not there

i tried to use auto play but the option to upload images does not appear

i tired all 3rd party software but all have came up with trail or limited file transfer and unregistered ver and need to pay for full version

can anyone help me with with this problem as cant afford to lose my images on my ipod

You may need to have itunes installed to see your device, using the bonjour/apple driver etc. if its not detecting it correctly.

But, why dont you not just setup a dropbox account on the ipod, let that upload your photos, then install dropbox on your laptop, login to the account you created on the ipod and all the photos will be automatically transferred into the dropbox folder on your laptop.
  • craig_joesoncraig_joeson Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    You may need to have itunes installed to see your device, using the bonjour/apple driver etc. if its not detecting it correctly.

But, why dont you not just setup a dropbox account on the ipod, let that upload your photos, then install dropbox on your laptop, login to the account you created on the ipod and all the photos will be automatically transferred into the dropbox folder on your laptop.

i have bonjour and itunes installed also i installed dropbox but that didnt work what can i do
    Forum Member
    i dont have an ipod touch is a 1st gen ipod video so how do i get the images from this ipod to computer
    Forum Member
    i have bonjour and itunes installed also i installed dropbox but that didnt work what can i do

do you get any error messages?
    Is the ipod showing in your control panel- devices when you plug it in?

Oh, dont think dropbox works with that ipod

Are the photos you require in your camera roll on the ipod?
    Forum Member
    do you get any error messages?
    Is the ipod showing in your control panel- devices when you plug it in?

Oh, dont think dropbox works with that ipod

Are the photos you require in your camera roll on the ipod?

the ipod does show up as a drive on my computer and control panel also the photos storee are in the phot libary and cant get access to them

also my ipod doesnt have cameral roll option is its 1st gen video ipod
    Forum Member
    the ipod does show up as a drive on my computer and control panel also the photos storee are in the phot libary and cant get access to them

also my ipod doesnt have cameral roll option is its 1st gen video ipod

Not sure then, all seems to be fine for it to happen.
    There is some nice free software that do it also, like anytrans
    http://www.imobie.com/anytrans/
    Forum Member
    Not sure then, all seems to be fine for it to happen.
    There is some nice free software that do it also, like anytrans
    http://www.imobie.com/anytrans/

when i meant free meant free full program not a free trial when u install it become unregistered version and offers so many files transfer and limits to what u want

i want a non pay software with no limit no registration to transfer unlimited files from ipod to computer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I use a program called Pod to PC a few years ago when I accidentally lost all my photos. May be worth a go?

I think part of the problem is that the Ipod seems to store your photos in some special Apple format and so they are not visible as obvious JPEGs, hence why you need a specific program.

Hope this helps,
    Ed
    Forum Member
    edgayton wrote: »
    I use a program called Pod to PC a few years ago when I accidentally lost all my photos. May be worth a go?

I think part of the problem is that the Ipod seems to store your photos in some special Apple format and so they are not visible as obvious JPEGs, hence why you need a specific program.

Hope this helps,
    Ed

i went to pod to pc and came up with this link http://www.macroplant.com/

that software is another trial version if installed unregistered and need to buy ful version to transfer 10 or more files no use

any idea on free non trial where i can transfer more than 100 images at a time becuase i am getting fed up finding software that is requted to buy full version for it