"Not Scotland" - What are STV Playing At?

Comments

• excel99excel99 Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did STV show Monte Carrlo or Best when ITV1 did? Seem to recall its ratings weren't particular good so seems like cheap filler for STV. Probably a programme they could opt out off without much controversy
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    excel99 wrote: »
    Did STV show Monte Carrlo or Best when ITV1 did? Seem to recall its ratings weren't particular good so seems like cheap filler for STV. Probably a programme they could opt out off without much controversy

I am sure STV did show at same time as ITV1 but as usual STV trying to fill cheap (even if its was first broadcasted before new year) but as usual as been posted STV jumps ship and avoids "lewis"! oh well :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STV did not in fact show Monte Carlo or Bust the first time round, therefore this is not a repeat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbc4ever wrote: »
    STV did not in fact show Monte Carlo or Bust the first time round, therefore this is not a repeat.

ok fair enough i will own up and at least say made a mistake but the way STV has treated its viewers is a JOKE, I rather have seen new Lewis to Monte Carlo but this is STV so hardly suprising

CORRECTION STV DID! - I GOOGLED IT and found it was on at 11.35pm on NOV 1ST 2010 - sorry for caps but i knew it had been shown but ok I admit not at same time so it is a REPEAT!
  • BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have everything crossed (makes sitting quite tricky!) that we WILL get 'Lewis' eventually - perhaps when Downton returns?

We were allowed series 4 in a U-turn by STV, so here's hoping.

A pity they ditched series 3 as one crucial episode covered the hit and run death of Robbie Lewis beloved wife and was a particularly well written and acted episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    I have everything crossed (makes sitting quite tricky!) that we WILL get 'Lewis' eventually - perhaps when Downton returns?

We were allowed series 4 in a U-turn by STV, so here's hoping.

A pity they ditched series 3 as one crucial episode covered the hit and run death of Robbie Lewis beloved wife and was a particularly well written and acted episode.

seems to be the STV approach is show so much and then "store" for later to shove crap on! rather than broadcast it at same time as ITV1 I wonder what else STV has locked up? the "last year" of the bill? or what about the "missing" dramas? I'm still waiting on Gunrush been shown! and that was about "gang" culture in UK and starred Aml Ameen (the bill) - so where is that? (it was only a 2 part drama!) - oh wait this is STV they very much support "UK/ITV" dramas as much they rather ditch that for NZ/Australian and(irish) crap! - time for STV to own up to mistakes then and now than have this carry on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a fan of Scots actor Dougie Henshell, I would love to see the 5 part 'Collision'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    ok fair enough i will own up and at least say made a mistake but the way STV has treated its viewers is a JOKE, I rather have seen new Lewis to Monte Carlo but this is STV so hardly suprising

CORRECTION STV DID! - I GOOGLED IT and found it was on at 11.35pm on NOV 1ST 2010 - sorry for caps but i knew it had been shown but ok I admit not at same time so it is a REPEAT!

Again, no they didn't. I also Googled said programme and the only thing that purports that STV showed it is a link to a 'uk tv guide' page that no longer works. The same website also has a link to when STV apparently showed it on the 4th November at 9pm, which again, they did not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbc4ever wrote: »
    Again, no they didn't. I also Googled said programme and the only thing that purports that STV showed it is a link to a 'uk tv guide' page that no longer works. The same website also has a link to when STV apparently showed it on the 4th November at 9pm, which again, they did not.

Well i will admit im wrong in this case makes a change for STV, this why i can no longer stand STV as when you expect programmes to be shown at same time as ITV1 it causes problems - no wonder people like myself are deserting this shambles of this station
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a fan of Scots actor Dougie Henshell, I would love to see the 5 part 'Collision'.

Well dont hold your breath Bidie I guess to wait on ITV3 to show it :) as I have a feeling I will have to wait for "Gunrush" and have a feeling it will either be on ITV3/4 if anything - apart from me here what is the full understanding of STV now? - they choose to opt in and out when they feel like it, pisses me off - glad the ITV player is on ps3 - STV needs to get its act together or they will become "monte carlo or bust":rolleyes: lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morningn Kezo - I found an ideal solution at the sale on Play.com - Collision was just £4.99, so I snapped it up.:D

No doubt someone from STV will be lurking in the heathers in my garden ready to mug the postie and steal my copy, but I will watch from the window and launch a counter attack with my floor mop. :p

That was how I received my copy of Downton.......;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morningn Kezo - I found an ideal solution at the sale on Play.com - Collision was just £4.99, so I snapped it up.:D

No doubt someone from STV will be lurking in the heathers in my garden ready to mug the postie and steal my copy, but I will watch from the window and launch a counter attack with my floor mop. :p

That was how I received my copy of Downton.......;)

lol - i asked ITV awhile ago regarding "Gunrush" on DVD and they said no :( I wish they would reconsider as I would get it as relying on STV to show UK drama is like watching paint dry!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The waspish TV critic in the Express describes Love/Hate as a sort of "Godfather Ted" and reckons it should never have seen the light of day in Ireland, let alone Scotland.

What is it with STV and downbeat 'gritty' dramas? Do they really believe they are the only type of drama viewers are capable of enjoying?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The waspish TV critic in the Express describes Love/Hate as a sort of "Godfather Ted" and reckons it should never have seen the light of day in Ireland, let alone Scotland.

What is it with STV and downbeat 'gritty' dramas? Do they really believe they are the only type of drama viewers are capable of enjoying?

in short YES lol and plus STV believes its OWN HYPE on certain programmes ... they should say this for "taggart" - scotlands version of "underbelly":rolleyes: ... oh wait "taggart" has been running for 26 years!

Personally I wish STV would do something different but hell they barely dont give much of a toss for us in the North East apart from flying a helicopter and calling it "scotland revealed" or as you said for the "winter" edition of the programme "scotland in a drift":eek::rolleyes: lol

Suprised a critic has actually said it should never have been broadcasted lol do STV really care? in short NO, viewers complaining about opt outs they really dont care as its "for scotland":rolleyes: we live in Scotland we dont need to know! its like the channel for scots and scots only:rolleyes: sorry not "scots" more like "glasweigans" and nothing more lol
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come Angustay now has "guest" under his name rather than forum member? Surely it should read "stv spokesman/apologist.:D
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Instead of England v Ghana, stv have Vet School and the Scottish Debates in place of the live game and The Matrix:Revelations instead of the highlights.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead of England v Ghana, stv have Vet School and the Scottish Debates in place of the live game and The Matrix:Revelations instead of the highlights.

i rather have seen England match but this is STV we speak of so who cares now! lol ... Guess with the "scottish debate" on they want to fuel the fire! (get all MP's shouting at one another) was there already one last year? - oh wait that was the Debate on all networks BBC SKY/ITV and I'm sure STV had a similar one kinda funny though as well that ITV Borders have the England match than "the debate" guess ITV thought cant be bothered with STV:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come Angustay now has "guest" under his name rather than forum member? Surely it should read "stv spokesman/apologist.:D

I wondered that also lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ...ITV Borders have the England match than "the debate" guess ITV thought cant be bothered with STV:D:D
    ITV1 Border is broadcasting the recording of the Scotland debate at 11:45 tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunhillpc1 wrote: »
    ITV1 Border is broadcasting the recording of the Scotland debate at 11:45 tonight.

been shafted to the graveyard shift ha ha ha! - good one ITV! as STV done this to one of ITV "tonight" programmes last year - STV regions got "the big freeze" programme in replace of the original "tonight" programme (which of course STV programme was the biggest load of garbage I have ever watched - news report again)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    been shafted to the graveyard shift ha ha ha! - good one ITV!
    On the subject of STV political debates, ITV1 Border broadcast a general election debate between Scottish party leaders at the same time as STV on a Tuesday at 9pm, while The Bill (dropped by STV in 2009) was broadcast in the rest of England, in Wales and on UTV. This meant that English terrestrial viewers on the border, as well as Scottish Borderers, had to wait until Thursday at 10:35 to see The Bill, even though the Scottish debate was irrelevant to viewers in the English part of the old Border Television region. Why not allocate the Scottish side of the Border Television region to STV?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunhillpc1 wrote: »
    On the subject of STV political debates, ITV1 Border broadcast a general election debate between Scottish party leaders at the same time as STV on a Tuesday at 9pm, while The Bill (dropped by STV in 2009) was broadcast in the rest of England, in Wales and on UTV. This meant that English terrestrial viewers on the border, as well as Scottish Borderers, had to wait until Thursday at 10:35 to see The Bill, even though the Scottish debate was irrelevant to viewers in the English part of the old Border Television region. Why not allocate the Scottish side of the Border Television region to STV?

Possibly a good idea but being honest I wouldnt even give STV it reason? STV is far focussed on broadcasting programmes from Glasgow and they barely do anything alternative for us in the north east of scotland - I know ITV can be just as bad but STV have not given us a thought in the north east and all we get is STV news at six - and plus would the scottish/english side of ITV really want to listen to Glasweigan? - I cant stand the channel now and its getting worse not better!
  • p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    It's been said before, but tonight demonstrates the argument perfectly.

People come on here complaining about the death of regional ITV, saying it's a disgrace that all the local character has been beaten out of the network and there's no local programming, or any regional variations.

Then when STV provides local programming such as Scotland Debates, replacing the England match, produces new episodes of Taggart, brings in programming unseen elsewhere in the network or has the sort of mad moment old ITV companies used to have in not showing certain popular programmes, everyone complains.

You either want a regional ITV company in the old fashioned sense or you don't. There are merits for both cases, but you can't have it all.

Personally, I'm not too bothered by the programming I'm losing out on from ITV1 and would much rather have a strong regional news service, so I'm quite happy with the current set-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my main problem with STV is that the ONLY regional programme North East get is just the NEWS thats it! ... if STV were that concerned for us up this way but they could not much care less than provide the news service ... When I checked out old Grampian on Youtube came across a programme called "top club" I believe this was a Golf programme but does STV actually concentrate on other things than "football" or do other sports related programmes no but its ok for them to make profits and continue to shove cheap programmes in replace of ITV? I could understand if the dramas were replaced with actual dramas made in UK but why go the import way?

Like I even mentioned before like programmes like "the hour" they should do regional variations for the Grampian/Scottish Regions but this aint the case
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
This discussion has been closed.