What retro game are you currently playing?

Comments

• Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    I was on my Sega game gear the other day.I'd forgotten how fun this gem was. I was playing sonic 1-2 and double dragon.:D

The game gears look/design was ahead of it's time.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I've just started a new game on Driver for the PS1 (but on the PS3). It's still as great now as it was the first time round. :D
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,714
    Forum Member
    This week I have been playing the following games (where's this week gone!)

PS3: Dargon Age: Origins (Ultimate Edition)
    Xbox 360: Mass Effect
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still remember Driver! That was a classic on the PS1..Shame they butchered it later in the series though.
    Forum Member
    Smiirky wrote: »
    I still remember Driver! That was a classic on the PS1..Shame they butchered it later in the series though.

Yeah, Driver 3 was a big let down, although I liked Parallel Lines. Hopefully Driver 5 will be worth getting.
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Twisted Metal for the PS1 in a drawer the other day..My god I used to love that game.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I've just started a new game on Driver for the PS1 (but on the PS3). It's still as great now as it was the first time round. :D

Yeah it really is a good game. I played it again not so long back. I remember struggling with the car park at the beginning of the game but when I went back to it I got it first time. Coudln't see what the big deal was ;) The last mission is a different story though.. :cry:

Just recently I've been playing Banjo Kazooie on N64. It's such a class game. :)
    Forum Member
    Yeah it really is a good game. I played it again not so long back. I remember struggling with the car park at the beginning of the game but when I went back to it I got it first time. Coudln't see what the big deal was ;) The last mission is a different story though.. :cry:

Just recently I've been playing Banjo Kazooie on N64. It's such a class game. :)

Ha ha, it took me months to work out how to get past that car park mission when I first owned the game, but once I'd got the hang of it I found it was piss easy. I too passed it on my first go this time round. :)

I think my brother's got Banjo Kazooie somewhere, I'll have to give it a bash sometime as I never got into it in it's heyday.
    Forum Member
    Deffo give Bnajo a go mate, you should love it if you enjoy 3D platformers.
    Forum Member
    Spent a few hours on Mass Effect and then played a bit of KoToR on my old Xbox tonight/this morning. KoToR is hard as hell at the beginning.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to play Dungeon Master again. I never played it on the Amiga, even though I had one. I found it in a second hand shop about 17 years ago for the SNES. And although I've still got my SNES and it works (my son's been playing Zelda, now there's a great game but I've played it so many times:o) the DM won't work.

I tried downloading a version to play on my PC but it didn't work properly. If anyone knows where I could download a good version I'd be very grateful.

Fantastic game, so hard and so atmospheric. I remember playing it late at night and getting quite freaked out by the sounds of the monsters you couldn't see yet. And getting woken up by being attacked.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    GTA 3 on ps2.

i played this first time round with a mate and so I didn't play through all the missions myself and now I'm back for a second play through. I'd forgotten just how great this game is, I'm on second island now and just noticed that the cut scenes play out in real - time, I don't think I've ever seen that in another video game before, I did a quick internet search but didn't find anything on it but anyway, Fantastic game.

I think I might go onto vice city straight after as I only finished about one third of that back in the day. and I've just bought a ps2 component cable to bring my ps2 into the future. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to play Dungeon Master again. I never played it on the Amiga, even though I had one. I found it in a second hand shop about 17 years ago for the SNES. And although I've still got my SNES and it works (my son's been playing Zelda, now there's a great game but I've played it so many times:o) the DM won't work.

I tried downloading a version to play on my PC but it didn't work properly. If anyone knows where I could download a good version I'd be very grateful.

Fantastic game, so hard and so atmospheric. I remember playing it late at night and getting quite freaked out by the sounds of the monsters you couldn't see yet. And getting woken up by being attacked.:eek:

Java version here. Been a while since I played it but I remember it being brilliant!

http://homepage.mac.com/aberfield/dmj/download.html
    Forum Member
    I Have been playing Speedball 1/2 on Amiga, both classic games butin some ways I actually refer the origibal game. Mostly because it's full screen and makes playing the game a lot easier, other wise it's inferior in every other aspect., but still highly playable (esp in 2 player). The theme tunes to both games (like other Bitmap Bros games) are just great!

Also someone last night put me on to a game called CJ's Elephant Antics on the C64 lol, and I tried it out and it's pretty cool when you spend some time with it. It's a bit of a New Zealand Story rip-off but I think this is better, as I never liked that game anyway. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex this morning.

I've always loved the first 3 games and never thought this one would be any good but it's surprisingly like the old ones and i like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my brother's got Banjo Kazooie somewhere, I'll have to give it a bash sometime as I never got into it in it's heyday.

In my oppinion the best game ever to grace this earth, you will love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Been getting into the Zelda series recently again.
    Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask to be more precise.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been hooked on WinUAE for the past for few days. Mainly Pinball Dreams (for the music) and Lemmings. It's taking me back to the good ol' days. I'm now in the process of collecting all my favourite amiga games and very happy!
    Forum Member
    The Amiga is awesome! :D So many great games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been getting into the Zelda series recently again.
    Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask to be more precise.

Me too!

just finished A link to the past and I started on ocarina yesterday :D
    Forum Member
    Not quite retro but kinda, I've been playing Perfect Dark HD on XBLA, I do love this game. Nice to see it gets constant updates too, the most recent has added a gamma pitch and it makes a big difference to the game as it was way too dark by default. Looks lovely now, you can really tell it's native 1080p.

I still prefer the N64 original though ;)

Other than that Ghost and Goblins Collection on Saturn from Capcom Generations. Three very perfect games, but also very hard!
    Forum Member
    As I'm ordering Fable 2 later tonight, I thought I'd best play the original Fable: The Lost Chapters properly. Which I started to do last night and a little today. I decided to start again and now I'm four hours into it. I'm very much enjoying it and it looks great up-scaled on the '360, too. I bought this back in May 2006 - why didn't I ever play it for more than a few hours!
    Forum Member
    Lol. I've been posting my current games on the wrong board - my bad.:D
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started playing Final Fantasy VIII on my PS3. Its great as i never completed the game 12 years ago, when i was 11.
    Forum Member
    I don't even like Final Fantasy but I really enjoyed FF VIII. By far the best in the series imho.

Been playing some Wizball (C64) and Switchblade II (Amiga). Very good games, has to be said :)