New Xbox 360E unboxing vid

2»

Comments

• AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Sorry, you wanted me to be specific? The sound bar i use is hooked up to my TV directly using an optical cable.

Someone had a pop at me on here the other day for being pedantic so i suppose this is karma biting me on the ass.:D

Now it makes sense. Thought there was some kind of holographic audio system involved here somehow ;)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't suppose it would have been outside the realms of possibility to have put a Blu-ray drive in the 360 E..... God forbid they add a useful feature which might reward a customer for buying one, when they are too busy taking things away.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a cut of model so its sort of understandable that features are missing, ultimately this is going to have a price cut nearer the launch of Xbox 1.

I take it the Xbox 1 does still have an optical output? It would be crazy for a multimedia device not too with it been such a popular way to output 5.1 audio.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    If they could someone patch it so the Xbone Controller will work with the Xbox 360, then it could be of use, perhaps have like a USB Cable Link between the consoles so it can exchange data, link up the controller, etc, making the transition of playing older games through the new console as easy as possible?

Exchange data through usb? :confused:.

They'll be on the same network! Regards to using up the HDMI in on the X1, why not just plug straight into your TV? Its not like channel switching isn't going to happen anyway because the HDMI in for TV does bugger all except show a picture/sound, so you have to go back to your PVR if you want to watch recordings.