The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    According to Heatworld.com:o Jude Law, Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp have all signed up to finish Heath's last film for him:)
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's really nice of them :) but imo it would be an insult to star Jude Law as her is utter rubbish. Johnny Depp would be excellent :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Johnny Depp does it. He is an excellent actor.

9pm Wednesday is good for me. Looking forward to it!
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    That's really nice of them :) but imo it would be an insult to star Jude Law as her is utter rubbish. Johnny Depp would be excellent :)

I like Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell, but i cant stand Jude either:(
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus Johnny Depp is absolutely gorgeous and a really nice bloke. He is my perfect man. I wish I was Vanessa Paradis :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    Plus Johnny Depp is absolutely gorgeous and a really nice bloke. He is my perfect man. I wish I was Vanessa Paradis :D

Ah, see he only picked her cos I kept turning him down! ;):rolleyes:

That film will be interesting to see, but I don't like Jude Law (he's creepy *shudders*). :D
    Forum Member

Really?, i never knew that!!:D
    Forum Member
    BTW sillygirlflower, does your forum name come from A Knights Tale?...."better to be a a silly girl with a flower, than a silly boy with a stick"...or something?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?, i never knew that!!:D

Yep! LOL! & my nose is wooden & grows all the time & in answer to your question - yes - "better a silly girl with a flower than a silly boy with a horse & a stick" (or something like that)! I wanted sillygirlwithflower but there wasn't enough room:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I like Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell, but i cant stand Jude either:(
    Like Johnny, not sure about Colin and actually thought Jude was brilliant in Wilde and Talented Mr Ripley, its' only his recent films that have been a bit pants- why all 3 of them though? isn't one enough?
    Forum Member
    veronagirl wrote: »
    Like Johnny, not sure about Colin and actually thought Jude was brilliant in Wilde and Talented Mr Ripley, its' only his recent films that have been a bit pants- why all 3 of them though? isn't one enough?

I have a soft spot for Mr Farrell:o.

Not sure why all 3, but the more the merrier i say:D
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That film will be interesting to see, but I don't like Jude Law (he's creepy *shudders*). :D

:p:p:p

I quite like Jude Law..

I don't know if I'll be able to see that film, knowing why the other actors are in it. However, I do think it's lovely that so they wanted to finish the film in tribute to Heath, and am in some ways glad Jake's not one of them, as I think he'd have found it very hard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't it something to do with him falling through a mirror four times - so they've split the character four ways? Maybe if they only used one other person it would look odd, so by using three, in many years to come, it will just be unusual & not obvious why they needed four lead actors (using the term loosely when I mention JL!:rolleyes:):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it something to do with him falling through a mirror four times - so they've split the character four ways? Maybe if they only used one other person it would look odd, so by using three, in many years to come, it will just be unusual & not obvious why they needed four lead actors (using the term loosely when I mention JL!:rolleyes:):D

No you're right. And as you say in many years from now, people will just think thats how it was always meant to be

Goes off to find a candle to light for Heath today :(

So Wednesdays are going to be film nights??? I'll try (if it's ok) to join in, other things permitting.
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hayleyg wrote: »
    No you're right. And as you say in many years from now, people will just think thats how it was always meant to be

Goes off to find a candle to light for Heath today :(

So Wednesdays are going to be film nights??? I'll try (if it's ok) to join in, other things permitting.

You're more than welcome Hayley, the more the merrier (or the more shoulders to cry on? ;)). x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks..so has any decision been made on the film for tomorrow??

Also in addition to the rememberance link posted on the previous page, just wanted to say that there's been some wonderful, moving tributes and thoughts on the ennisjack forum (it may be wise to have tissues)

Just thought some here might want to know.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    According to Heatworld.com:o Jude Law, Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp have all signed up to finish Heath's last film for him:)

Don't like Law or Farrell and I feel too weird about Depp doing it because he actually resembles Heath in some photos and that just .... would be too much.
    I've always thought about Heath when I see pics of JD and for him to replace him in his film .... it could stop me ever watching it.
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Don't like Law or Farrell and I feel too weird about Depp doing it because he actually resembles Heath in some photos and that just .... would be too much.
    I've always thought about Heath when I see pics of JD and for him to replace him in his film .... it could stop me ever watching it.
    I know what you mean about resemblance, they both have the same high checkbones and hollow cheeks underneath and slightly brownish skin, don't they-
    Forum Member

Also in addition to the rememberance link posted on the previous page, just wanted to say that there's been some wonderful, moving tributes and thoughts on the ennisjack forum (it may be wise to have tissues)

Just thought some here might want to know.
    how do you get to the EnnisJack forum? Is it on here?
    Forum Member
    http://nymag.com/news/features/44217/index4.html

Just read this- its a well written and interesting article about Heath and the media speculation about him. Not saying whether I agree with it or not but its worth a read.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean about resemblance, they both have the same high checkbones and hollow cheeks underneath and slightly brownish skin, don't they-[/QUOTE

Yes. It's the jawline as well. There's a picture of Heath from a few years ago and he really does look lik JD on it, from the expression on his face, and the jawline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »

I know what you mean - they both dressed in a similar outlandish fashion too :D. I'll see how I feel when it comes out - may wait for it to come out on Sky movies - don't fancy embarrassing myself in the local cinema!
    Forum Member

Just to try and get this sorted, are we agreeing on 10things for tomorrow?...and as for a time, do we agree on 9pm?

if anyone has a problem with this i'm sure we can work around it and accomodate everyone:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to try and get this sorted, are we agreeing on 10things for tomorrow?...and as for a time, do we agree on 9pm?

if anyone has a problem with this i'm sure we can work around it and accomodate everyone:)

I'm OK with that - looking forward to it! Glad we're starting on an easy one!:o
    Forum Member
    http://nymag.com/news/features/44217/index4.html

Just read this- its a well written and interesting article about Heath and the media speculation about him. Not saying whether I agree with it or not but its worth a read.

Interesting article, thanks for that VG:).