Options

5 yrd old boy kidnapped in Pakistan (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    I do remember saying it was dodgy from the start :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has been found safe and well and a number of arrests made including a woman according to some official in Pakistan. High Commission are checking it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    He has been found safe and well and a number of arrests made including a woman according to some official in Pakistan. High Commission are checking it.

The Beeb says not as of 8:50.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8561423.stm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little bugger is playing hide and seek again
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In todays telegraph it says the parents are" Involved in a bitter seperation"......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fishier than the kippers I've just had for breakfast.........
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    It's sounding like the minister who made the announcement may have got mixed up with another case, and Sahil is still missing, according to The Guardian:
    There was confusion today over the fate of Sahil Saeed, the five-year-old British boy kidnapped in Pakistan, after media reports that he had been found were contradicted by police chiefs.

The controversial Punjab law minister, Rana Sanaullah, told Geo TV that Sahil, who was kidnapped from his grandmother's house in Jehlum a week ago, was rescued in Sialkot, a neighbouring city in the north-eastern Punjab province.

He said Sahil had been sent back to the UK to be reunited with his father, and a man and woman had been arrested on kidnapping charges. He alleged two female relatives of Sahil had been involved in the kidnapping.

But Sanaullah appeared to have confused two different kidnapping cases.

Police said the rescued boy was not Sahil, and the minister was mistaken.

"I wish the news were true but it's not true," said Waqar Chohan, the senior police official from Sialkot. "We recovered one child, but that was not this case. That child was abducted from Rawalpindi."

They are also saying that Sahil's father did return to the UK yesterday - for what it's worth.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This case is very odd. I hope that the reports of Sahil being found safe and well are true. Very strange that the father didn't wait for his son's discovery though, and even more so if the reports about the mum's passport and him returning to the UK, but not to his family are true though.
  • Options
    GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sahill has NOT been found. According to Pakastani officials it was a case of mistaken identity!!!!

Dodgy family, corrupt police, thick-as-sh1t goverment officials, this poor kid doesn't have a chance.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its becoming a farce ......... has the father turned up yet or is he still missing as well ....
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This whole case is very dodgy. A lot of it rings hollow to me. Pakistan is such a dysfunctional country - there's top diplomats who shouldn't comment at all saying the family were probably involved, the police who should be following procedure ignoring it and saying they'll have it solved in 12 hours, the mother in the UK saying the husband stole her passport, the father allegedly returning without his son- what father would do that if he thought his child was genuinely kidnapped and imminently about to be found. Hundreds of children are kidnapped in Pakistan every week for ransom. It's a mess. It will be interesting to see what the true story is when it is over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    This whole case is very dodgy. A lot of it rings hollow to me. Pakistan is such a dysfunctional country - there's top diplomats who shouldn't comment at all saying the family were probably involved, the police who should be following procedure ignoring it and saying they'll have it solved in 12 hours, the mother in the UK saying the husband stole her passport, the father allegedly returning without his son- what father would do that if he thought his child was genuinely kidnapped and imminently about to be found. Hundreds of children are kidnapped in Pakistan every week for ransom. It's a mess. It will be interesting to see what the true story is when it is over.

I didn't know the mothers passport had been stolen:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    In todays telegraph it says the parents are" Involved in a bitter seperation"......

I knew I'd heard that on the news a few days ago but, when I checked on here, no-one had mentioned it so I thought I must have misheard.

I do find the whole thing quite bizarre though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's going on here then?

Boy is abducted by an armed gang demanding £100,000 ransom.

The father has left Pakistan to come back to the UK, but has not been seen - he has not gone to his home in Oldham.

Early this morning there were reports that the boy had been found and was with his father - something the Pakistan police said happened earlier but they kept a lid on it for their safety.

Now they are saying the boy, Sahil Saeed has not been found at all and the father is still "missing".
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that idiot on GMTV banging on the families door and saying "have you heard the good news , they have found sahil"

He knew it was unconfirmed so why be so stupid .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I saw that idiot on GMTV banging on the families door and saying "have you heard the good news , they have found sahil"

He knew it was unconfirmed so why be so stupid .

I think because the news originally came from a minister, it was taken as gospel.
  • Options
    bunnydsbunnyds Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppitypop wrote: »

The father has left Pakistan to come back to the UK, but has not been seen - he has not gone to his home in Oldham.

Early this morning there were reports that the boy had been found and was with his father - something the Pakistan police said happened earlier but they kept a lid on it for their safety.

Now they are saying the boy, Sahil Saeed has not been found at all and the father is still "missing".

It's a third world country rife with corruption, poverty and poor education what do you expect?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky News made themselves look like *****. Credit to the Beeb. They were very cautous about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the father getting on a plane in Pakistan or getting off a plane in UK?

Otherwise, maybe this report is as reliable as the report about Sahill being freed. Maybe the father has not returned to the UK.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I've got to put my hand up and admit to feeling bad about some of the negative posts made about this case on another thread, innocent until proven guilty, but something doesn't quite add up about all of this. I might be eating my words -- rice paper anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunnyds wrote: »
    It's a third world country rife with corruption, poverty and poor education what do you expect?

Pakistan is not a 3rd world country
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the father getting on a plane in Pakistan or getting off a plane in UK?

Otherwise, maybe this report is as reliable as the report about Sahill being freed. Maybe the father has not returned to the UK.

It is possible his passport was used by someone else, but unless they check CCTV we have no idea now whether it was actually him or not.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Pakistan is not a 3rd world country

Maybe not but its corrupt as far as Western standards are concerned.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I've got to put my hand up and admit to feeling bad about some of the negative posts made about this case on another thread, innocent until proven guilty, but something doesn't quite add up about all of this. I might be eating my words -- rice paper anyone?

I am not sure if close family have anything to do with it - e.g. I don't think this is a Shannon Matthews example but there has been another "report" that the extended family are some way responsible.