Is Sir Cliff my Dad?

bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
Forum Member
✭✭
Daddy's Home?

Ricky Harris is claiming that Sir Cliff may be his father. He believes his birth was result of a passionate love triangle and is demanding the pop legend takes a DNA test to prove it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2519957/A-love-affair-Shadows--I-believe-I-Cliff-Richards-secret-son.html

The father named on his birth certificate is former Shadows bassist. The late Jet Harris, however Cliff had an affair with Jet's first wife Carol Costa and Cliff himself has admitted that Carol was the only woman he shared a bed with. The affair is also the reason why Jet Harris left the Shadows a band he co founded in 1963.

Personally I think from the pics that Jet is his father as he bears a resemblance. Also I don't pretend to know much about genetics but Ricky Harris has Blue eyes, so did Jet. Cliff has brown eyes and from the black and white photos it looks like Carol has dark eyes as well.

Comments

• SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he joking? He looks like Jet Harris. Just take the pale eyes, for starters.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol as if
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is a need for a DNA test, he's definitely Jett Harris's son. The eyes and the jawline are identical
  • LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    He's the image of Jet as an older man.

I doubt very much that's he's Cliff's son, and I don't think Cliff will give him a DNA sample to prove it any day soon. He's obviously tortured by the lack of a father figure in his life, and perhaps needs to move on.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Daddy's Home?

Ricky Harris is claiming that Sir Cliff may be his father. He believes his birth was result of a passionate love triangle and is demanding the pop legend takes a DNA test to prove it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2519957/A-love-affair-Shadows--I-believe-I-Cliff-Richards-secret-son.html

The father named on his birth certificate is former Shadows bassist. The late Jet Harris, however Cliff had an affair with Jet's first wife Carol Costa and Cliff himself has admitted that Carol was the only woman he shared a bed with. The affair is also the reason why Jet Harris left the Shadows a band he co founded in 1963.

Personally I think from the pics that Jet is his father as he bears a resemblance. Also I don't pretend to know much about genetics but Ricky Harris has Blue eyes, so did Jet. Cliff has brown eyes and from the black and white photos it looks like Carol has dark eyes as well.

I only clicked on this thread because I thought is was you asking if Cliff was your dad. :)
  • Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I know I saw this on mail online this morning. He looks like Jet Harris. He looks nothing like Cliff Richard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he looks very much like his mum, but he resembles Jett. Sad story though.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Cliff promoting something apart from his last Calendar? He seems strange this keeps happening.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourite ever thread titles since being on DS. Up there with the Dappy one. :D
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is a 'should have gone to Specsavers' moment.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Probably on that summer holiday.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I'm another one that thinks he looks like Jet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does look more like Jet. But I suppose if he's become convinced, he should have a DNA test. Which will, in all likelihood, prove that aging multimillionaire Cliff is not his dad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    He looks just like Jet Harris to me.

He also looks like HE could be Cliff Richard's dad not the other way round judging by how old he looks :o
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I don't think he looks like either of them.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Hes not Cliffs Son for two reason

1. The obvious reason
    2. He looks like Jet Harris and bears no resemblance at all to Cliff

The original story is very strange...I keep thinking that the roles in the love affair are not what we are lead to believe. :cool:
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's next? Is Simon Cowell straight now, too?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Hes not Cliffs Son for two reason

1. The obvious reason
    2. He looks like Jet Harris and bears no resemblance at all to Cliff

The original story is very strange...I keep thinking that the roles in the love affair are not what we are lead to believe. :cool:
    I know what you mean by 'obvious reason', but by all accounts, Cliff did have an affair with Carole, so much so that Jet certainly never got over it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Cliff's not his Dad. I also highly doubt he had sex with the guy's mum - or any other woman.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Yeah, Cliff's not his Dad. I also highly doubt he had sex with the guy's mum - or any other woman.

I seem to recall Cliff and Sue Barker dating some years back, she said he was romaaantic :p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean by 'obvious reason', but by all accounts, Cliff did have an affair with Carole, so much so that Jet certainly never got over it.

But it might not have actually involved having sex. If Jet and Carole's relationship wasn't very good, perhaps Carole turned to Cliff for emotional support. That might've been the 'affair'. Just a theory.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Publicity seeking nobody looking for cash for a story.

Looks nothing like Sir Cliff.
  • Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    But it might not have actually involved having sex. If Jet and Carole's relationship wasn't very good, perhaps Carole turned to Cliff for emotional support. That might've been the 'affair'. Just a theory.

Agree....though I'm inclined to believe it was more an unreturned love on Carols part...maybe she was slow to pick up the signals ,people in them days did'nt know or believe Gays existed ...maybe Cliff was happy to encourage this un requited love to keep up his hetero image ...who knows but its seems to have damaged both mother and son
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame there are no 'official' Cliff Richard kids to compare this loser with. :D
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it has damaged mother and songoes to that after all this time.

Cliff is getting older and there will be a large estate up for grabs when he finally goes to that great studio in the sky.
    This is a bid to get some of the action.