What are former Strictly pro dancers up to now?

PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The similar celeb thread got me thinking, what are former pro dancers up to.

Ian Waite and Karen Hardy are both involved in It Takes Two.
Artem is on Dancing with the Stars in America.
Camilla went into I'm a celeb.
James was on Celeb Big Brother.

What about the others, any current news?

Comments

• henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton has stopped dancing and is now faffin abaht and dragging props around.
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :

:D. Love it, how true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Well, James is on Twitter.
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know what happened to Nicole Cutler? She was one of my favourites.
  • fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinkwafer wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to Nicole Cutler? She was one of my favourites.

Nicole Cutler met cricketer Jonathan Batty at Strictly (he was a friend of Mark Ramprakash I believe). They got married, had a baby and lived happily ever after.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    For some reason I thought I would look up one series wonder, Hayley Holt. It would seem she has been spending her time doing TV and radio presenting...and boxing (and a bit of drinking!)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darren and Lilia have spent much of their time in Israel doing DWTS and Lilia was involved in the Turkish version called Yok Boyle Dans

Darren is still involved with the Israeli show and they are having their first baby early in 2015
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remembered Vincent was in I'm a celeb too.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Posy wrote: »
    Just remembered Vincent was in I'm a celeb too.

Him and Flavia have their own show and tour now and pretty successful outside of SCD. . They're in the West End until January and then on tour for a few months,

http://www.dancetildawnonstage.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Byrnes was the consultant to the BBC for the first series and also appeared on the first show with Claire Sweeney. He is married and has three children and runs a dance school which is producing some fabulous dance couples, based in Beckenham.
    Matthew Cutler also has a dance school in Croydon and Nicole works there with him from time to time I think.
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew Cutler was a judge at a dance comp I went to recently as well. He got the loudest cheer... I felt a bit sorry for the other judges.

Anya is involved as a choreographer on the show, and she's also going to be joining pasha on his tour in the new year.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    Matthew Cutler was a judge at a dance comp I went to recently as well. He got the loudest cheer... I felt a bit sorry for the other judges.

Anya is involved as a choreographer on the show, and she's also going to be joining pasha on his tour in the new year.

Earlier in the year Anya was involved with SYTYCD in the Usa and took part in the tour afterwards
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Erin had a baby boy earlier this year (April) and Anton is his godfather!
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Killick is now based in Usa and promoting dance comps with Shirley Ballas
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's no way to talk about Judy!
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    That's no way to talk about Judy!

I dunno, seems pretty fair to me!

[Loved her tho' - the only no hoper I've ever wanted to stay beyond her time!]
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    As well as appearing on ITT, Ian (and Natalie) have a very successful dance based fitness company called FitSteps - classes are now available all over the UK. He also does ballroom classes on a Monday as well as FitSteps and does one to one dance lessons too.

Several of the pros take part in the very successful P&O Strictly themed cruises every year too.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Karen Hardy also runs her own dance studio in London
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »
    Erin had a baby boy earlier this year (April) and Anton is his godfather!

They (that is Anton and Erin, not the baby!) are touring as usual next year and doing a few Christmas shows at the Royal Albert Hall in December. Last year's was good festive fun despite a very small stage (for dancing) and Erin's relatively advanced stage of pregnancy. Anton heaved her about much as usual.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's done other things other than her very short stint on that show since Strictly. Check her Twitter.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe are doing dance themed cruises and holidays and also have launched a dance based fitness programme (Fitsteps)
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Camilla is also a Life Coach, is doing panto over Christmas and has a book out in January . Pity she didn't have it out before Christmas, which is the prime selling season .
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In 2013, Brian Fortuna had the role of Frank Sinatra in a play called Frank and Ava at the Hollywood Fringe Festival.