Options

First one out in the final... now with SPOILERS!

posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... is likely to be whoever the public thinks is safe?

That's the only conclusion I can draw from the bizarre voting patterns but, as conclusions go, it's a bit shaky - feel free to disagree violently!

Not sure whether this thread should have a spoiler warning? I haven't included any, but others might...

Comments

• Options
    supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    I hate to say it, Lauren - HOWEVER I was convinced she's go last night/tonight so :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I hate to say it, Lauren - HOWEVER I was convinced she's go last night/tonight so :confused:

But no one's ever been in the bottom two two times in a row this year!
    So I'm predicting Danielle... I'd prefer it to be Sophie, but it certainly looks like the public are on her side.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... is likely to be whoever the public thinks is safe?

That's the only conclusion I can draw from the bizarre voting patterns but, as conclusions go, it's a bit shaky - feel free to disagree violently!

Not sure whether this thread should have a spoiler warning? I haven't included any, but others might...

I'd put a spoiler warning in the title if you can. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I thought/think the same thing! I think Lauren will struggle (with votes) next week
  • Options
    supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough I thought/think the same thing! I think Lauren will struggle (with votes) next week
    She won't be getting my "few" next week ... I'll be on hols :( ... I've never had a fave in the final before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd put a spoiler warning in the title if you can. ;)

Thanks for the advice - which I've now followed. I was a bit unsure as I thought that we could have a conversation on the 'what the public thinks' principle without spoiling but, with hindsight, it was always going to be tricky territory.

Haven't started many threads before now, though, so any words of wisdom on the subject would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also think it could be Lauren, because she hasnt been getting many votes- I dont want it to be though :( would rather Sophie, I just think she's the weakest performer right now
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zahl wrote: »
    also think it could be Lauren, because she hasnt been getting many votes- I dont want it to be though :( would rather Sophie, I just think she's the weakest performer right now
    Agreed but if Lauren comes 3rd and Danielle comes 1st I can live!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm of two minds on this. At this point I think it will be either Lauren or Sophie who goes out first. Lauren might go first because she seems to be the least popular, having been in the sing-off three times now, but I'm seeing Sophie has a Siobhan-type candidate. She's well-liked and has a great voice, but has other limitations that I think the audience just might see at the final stage. I don't think it will be Danielle going out first because I think she will rise to the occasion in the final and perform really well.

If Sophie goes out first, I think Danielle will win. If Lauren goes out first, I think it will be too close to call, although I still hope Danielle can edge it out. If by any strange chance Danielle does go out first, I think Sophie will win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice - which I've now followed. I was a bit unsure as I thought that we could have a conversation on the 'what the public thinks' principle without spoiling but, with hindsight, it was always going to be tricky territory.

Haven't started many threads before now, though, so any words of wisdom on the subject would be very much appreciated.

No problem - it means posters don't have to use the spoiler button and there won't be outrage if someone reads this thread before tonight's show!;)

Unless Sophie turns in a terrible performance, I think Lauren will be third and the first eliminated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem - it means posters don't have to use the spoiler button and there won't be outrage if someone reads this thread before tonight's show!;)

Unless Sophie turns in a terrible performance, I think Lauren will be third and the first eliminated.

Thanks for the help, Buddy - much appreciated.

But don't you think Lauren might get the been-in-the-bottom-two bounce? As I was trying to say in my OP, I think the perception of safety is the most dangerous thing for all concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help, Buddy - much appreciated.

But don't you think Lauren might get the been-in-the-bottom-two bounce? As I was trying to say in my OP, I think the perception of safety is the most dangerous thing for all concerned.

I think people tend to vote more in the final of these shows and those who haven't voted before, pick up the phone. I'm not sure there has been a 'been-in-the-bottom-two bounce' in this series - don't now why. A lot of votes seem to be heading in Sophie's direction which is why I picked Lauren.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the bottom-two bounce is irrelevant in the final. So many new people will be voting, since a lot of people only vote in the final of shows like this. Some of them will only have watched the final as well, so I think a lot of people will be voting based on their impressions on the night. This is why I think Sophie just may go out first, because unless she's able to do another "Reflection"-type performance, I think her limitations will be on display. It does all depend on performance on the night, I think.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The third place contestant in every series was in the semi-final sing off, Can't see Lauren breaking that, but if she does I think it's Danielle who'll go.

I think Sophie will win now.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Well the signs are not good for the person who is saved ...going on past history.

Maria - Siobhan saved in the semi final sing off against Aoife - first out in the final...

Joseph - Lewis saved in the semi final sing off against Ben - first out in the final.......

Nancy - Sam saved in the semi final sing off against Rachel - first out in the final....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Danielle will go out first to the despair of Sheila and ALW.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Well the signs are not good for the person who is saved ...going on past history.

Maria - Siobhan saved in the semi final sing off against Aoife - first out in the final...

Joseph - Lewis saved in the semi final sing off against Ben - first out in the final.......

Nancy - Sam saved in the semi final sing off against Rachel - first out in the final....

It doesn't look good for Lauren, but has the voting ever been as seemingly random as it has been in OTR in a previous series?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    i an so sorry that steph went as she was definitely something different
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can see that happening. It really could be any of them this time, given they have all been in the bottom two. That's what is difference about OTR.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be Lauren as she seems to have a lack of public support, but if Danielle isn't great then she could be in trouble...;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member

I'd probably wee myself laughing if that happened.
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member

I was thinking the same about Sophie.

In fact none of them are safe. We can speculate all we like, but the final brings out lots of new voters, people who haven't voted before and vote purely on the final three....

It could be a night of many surprises.:)
  • Options
    bunnydsbunnyds Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    I was thinking the same about Sophie.

In fact none of them are safe. We can speculate all we like, but the final brings out lots of new voters, people who haven't voted before and vote purely on the final three....

It could be a night of many surprises.:)

I think it's more like a case of people watching the entire series, noting that the Judges unfairly put one girl above the others and wait for the final for their revenge. So, I'll be putting a few votes (for the first time this series) to help the chosen one to leave first.
  • Options
    dufa13dufa13 Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this series, more than any other it depends on the performances on the night, looking at the erratic results every week.
    I really think it's anyone's game next week.