Quick question about the girl in the over 28's who came back

GlasgowBoydyGlasgowBoydy Posts: 176
Forum Member
I may have missed this but why did she get invited back?

Comments

• GlasgowBoydyGlasgowBoydy Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Gentle bump.I really would like to know the answer.Anybody please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    No idea but we have been asking each other that question all night.
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean Elesha?

If so, Shirlena Johnson orginally got to judge's houses, but Elesha replaced her. They edited Shirlena out of the programme :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Shirlena was kicked off and never spoken of again.. She was the replacement....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It was because Shirlena got through to judges' houses and then it was discovered that she was potentially mentally unstable so she had to drop out and Elesha took her place
    Forum Member
    027huds wrote: »
    Do you mean Elesha?

If so, Shirlena Johnson orginally got to judge's houses, but Elesha replaced her. They edited Shirlena out of the programme :(

Was Shirlena the woman who went crazy at the very first audtion.I presumed she had got booted out before boot camp and thats why she was never mentioned
  • Oh Brother...Oh Brother... Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well when they showed her on yesterday's show Dermot said it was due to last minute changes she was invited back.

This could be because of Shirlena apparently having made it through to the judges house.

Or there was also a rumour about the overs having had only 7 put through to the judges house.

But nothing neither has been confirmed. I think it's more likely because Shirlena was deemed mentally unfit for the X factor.
  • chrisagw4chrisagw4 Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Shirlena the woman who went crazy at the very first audtion.I presumed she had got booted out before boot camp and thats why she was never mentioned

Yes, the woman who kept saying 'Mercy'.. She made it to judge's houses but was then removed from the competiton and rather than explain it to the viewers they edited her out completely.

She was however seen at bootcamp, when they were learning to dance, she can be spotted near the back.
  • GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrlena Johnston got through to judges houses, Louis confirmed this on Irish radio the other day, but when there were concerns for her mental health, they had to let her go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    It goes to show how easy it is to airbrush someone out of the show completely. Food for thought when contemplating how some participants get more exposure than others - not just in terms of their individual performances, but also in boot camp when they're working in groups.
    Forum Member
    Well when they showed her on yesterday's show Dermot said it was due to last minute changes she was invited back.

This could be because of Shirlena apparently having made it through to the judges house.

Or there was also a rumour about the overs having had only 7 put through to the judges house.

But nothing neither has been confirmed. I think it's more likely because Shirlena was deemed mentally unfit for the X factor.

I cant believe that they went through the whole 2 shows last week and never showed a girl who got through to the judges house.

That is censorship of the highest order

Why couldn't they have showed that last week then just mentioned this week that she left the show.To totally edit her out seems weird
  • chrisagw4chrisagw4 Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe that they went through the whole 2 shows last week and never showed a girl who got through to the judges house.

That is censorship of the highest order

Why couldn't they have showed that last week then just mentioned this week that she left the show.To totally edit her out seems weird

I think it has something to do with her being 'mentally unstable' and all the attention she got after her audition got to her, so they didn't show her again, something like that. I'm not 100% sure but.
    Forum Member
    It goes to show how easy it is to airbrush someone out of the show completely. Food for thought when contemplating how some participants get more exposure than others - not just in terms of their individual performances, but also in boot camp when they're working in groups.

Woowow.They actually had her standing in the line and she got picked but they never showed it

She must have looked ok to get through the bootcamp as well.After all i can understand that in the first audtion you can fool the judges but surely a whole week of bootcamp someone would have noticed is she was ok or not

Just found this link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1306004/X-FACTOR-2010-Shirlena-Johnsons-mother-claims-bosses-knew-mental-illness.html